Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? (347 Views)

Evaluation Of Agribusiness Firms For Risk Management & Financial Lending / Evaluation Of Agribusiness Firms For Risk Management / Total Accuses Insurance Firms Of Not Keeping Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Kelvin3476: 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
I heard an arguement with my friends where they said that the foreigner must know what the value of goods is in naira before knowing what to price in dollar.

i thought they only have to know the price in dollar , then compare to their own currency and not compared to naira.

Are the 9ja goods listed in naira or dollar ?
are the buyers caring about what the price could worth in naira before concluding on the dollar price ?

do they care less about what it may cost in naira ?
LALASTICLALA
MYND44
Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Moh247: 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
A Nigerian exporter would definitely prefer to earn dollars if he has a dorm account
Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Kelvin3476: 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Moh247:
A Nigerian exporter would definitely prefer to earn dollars
I MEANT THAT " ARE THE NIGERIAN GOODS PRICE LISTED IN DOLLAR NAIRA "?
Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Moh247: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kelvin3476:
I MEANT THAT " ARE THE NIGERIAN GOODS PRICE LISTED IN DOLLAR NAIRA "?

Ok now I get you... Depending on the goods and commodity, Cocoa, Rubber , Cashew , Gum, even crude oil, are priced in Dollars especially on International Business to Business sites

Dollar is more stable and international currency for trade

1 Like

Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Kelvin3476: 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
Moh247:

Ok now I get you... Depending on the goods and commodity, Cocoa, Rubber , Cashew , Gum, even crude oil, are priced in Dollars especially on International Business to Business sites

Dollar is more stable and international currency for trade
MY FRIENDS KEPT SAYING THEY MUST KNW THE NIGERIAN WORTH OF THE GOODS THE WANT TO BUY IN DOLLAR.

I SEE THAT AS A DUMB ARGUEMENT SINCE THEY DNT HAVE ANYTHNG TO DO WITH THE NAIRA.

E.G BUYING A NAIJA PLAYER TO ABROAD HAVE TO BE PRICED IN DOLLAR ,BT THEY SAID THAT THE BUYERS MUST KNW THE NAIJA VALUE OF THE MONEY IN DOLLAR.

THATS JUST SICKENING AND THATS WHY I WANT TO KNW PEOPLES VIEW ON THIS
Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Kelvin3476: 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ednut1 1stgenamerica obedence sweetvie
Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by ednut1(m): 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kelvin3476:
I heard an arguement with my friends where they said that the foreigner must know what the value of goods is in naira before knowing what to price in dollar.

i thought they only have to know the price in dollar , then compare to their own currency and not compared to naira.

are the buyers caring about what the price could worth in naira before concluding on the dollar price ?

LALASTICLALA
MYND44
depends on the website. If its a foreign website it’s listed in dollars. They don’t know the value of things in naira too ( the chicken and chips you get 2k in lagos, is equivalent to 6k in canada). Their cards too may not work on a Nigerian website
Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Sweetvie: 10:08am On Jan 16, 2023
Kelvin3476:

LALASTICLALA
MYND44
That's not true.
It depends on the website and if the goods are priced in dollar.

1 Like

Re: Do Americans Or Internation Firms Buy Nigerian Goods Priced In Naira Or Dollar? by Akuruoulo(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sweetvie:
That's not true.
It depends on the website and if the goods are priced in dollar.

Like the USA buying crude from Nigeria.
Is the crudes price listed in dollar or naira ?

(1) (Reply)

Post And Promote On Flavourway Platform / World Class Fumigation And Pest Control Training In Lagos / Women Who Made History… Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.