Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Designer's Block And What Your Plan Sketch Could Mean. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Designer's Block And What Your Plan Sketch Could Mean. (136 Views)

Joke Sketch: If Nairaland Was A Real City... / What Okonjo-iweala's Appoinment As WTO Boss Could Mean For Africa / What's Your Plan For The Independence Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Designer's Block And What Your Plan Sketch Could Mean. by jasharon11(f): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2023
I thought Architects were the only ones affected by the designer's block that comes with a client's paper sketch until August 2022, when a friend of mine requested a wedding card design from a graphic designer.

Perhaps, you do not understand what designer's block means. Let me explain.

According to the urban dictionary, designer's block is defined as, “When any form of a designer can't come up with creative ideas. Similar to writer's block in the sense that nothing gets done".

It's not a new concept and a lot of things can cause a designer to experience a designer's block but this post focuses on one of the external influences.

Back to my story...

I have seen the graphic designer's works and was impressed by them, so you can imagine my gross disappointment with the wedding card design.

Initially, I wanted to go to the designer and pour out my grief but, I later choose to be silent for a time until after the wedding. I asked the designer why his creative prowess did not show up on that wedding card and he told me the client already gave him what she wants.

Then I understood the problem. The graphic designer knows she had seen catchy and trendy wedding card samples. All she needed to send to the designer were details of names, contacts, locations, and times, along with her theme colour (if necessary) without a sample layout. He felt that she might as well use Canva wedding card samples to fill in the blank space.

Inspiration and creativity dies when a designer gets boxed into a client's existing expectations.

I also remember the experience at my former place of employment. I had gone for a measured drawing with my colleague and after taking existing measurements of the building...https://mydesigngist.com/designers-block/

(1) (Reply)

Exceptional Bail Bonds Raleigh / Leading Security Services Perth Ensure Protection Of Highly Sensitive Places / How To Use Github 2023: Github Tutorial For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.