Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? (33332 Views)

Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema Full 2023 NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema To Headline NBA All-Star Game Half Time Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by kendrick93(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
Amayabor1:
As per streaming records, Calm down nor be buga mate.

Buga is a local/Africa hit. Calm down is a worldwide/global hit. Comparing Calm down to buga doesn't make sense. Buga can't reach calm down level.

The actual comparison should have been between Rema's Calm down and Ckay's love nwantiti

wizkid Essence, Rema Calm down, Ckay love nwantiti, Burna last last ...are the four biggest Nigerian songs so far.

Shout out to Fireboy ft Ed Sheeran collabo
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Iamicekid(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Calicoe:
dis ur comment make sense to u at all?

Ask ursef, u think all the time dey play calm down for stadium during the World Cup without people singing it along was for free u must be joking that what’s called promo and creating awareness, now let me lecture u, between a song wey blow without promo and the other one wey blow with promo, take those 2 songs to the slumps in any part of Africa and see the one the people In the slumps know more peace

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by zrocky: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
englishmart:
Buga and Calm down are arguably two of the biggest singles of the 21st century. In your opinion which is them is a bigger song?
buga is popular but you see that calm down song after the world cup e dey on top my mother inlaw from Brazil called me singing it E go viral jare
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Calicoe: 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Iamicekid:

Ask ursef, u think all the time dey play calm down for stadium during the World Cup without people singing it along was for free u must be joking that what’s called promo and creating awareness, now let me lecture u, between a song wey blow without promo and the other one wey blow with promo, take those 2 songs to the slumps in any part of Africa and see the one the people In the slumps know more peace
So what u are saying is that only Rema spent money for promo and kizz Daniel didn't do the same? Na where u know reach sha
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Iamicekid(m): 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
Calicoe:

So what u are saying is that only Rema spent money for promo and kizz Daniel didn't do the same? Na where u know reach sha

Ask ursef u think well, u no fit use person wey dey 3 record label Marvin, universal and jonzing, u wan use there advertising strategies compare with Kizz wey be one man, if they push that Buga song the same way them push calm down I mean with the same funding, calm down no fit stand for Buga side I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Calicoe: 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Iamicekid:

Ask ursef u think well, u no fit use person wey dey 3 record label Marvin, universal and jonzing, u wan use there advertising strategies compare with Kizz wey be one man, if they push that Buga song the same way them push calm down I mean with the same funding, calm down no fit stand for Buga side I rest my case
Oga nor dey talk wetin u nor know. Good songs sells itself especially when it comes from an already established artist.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Iamicekid(m): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
Calicoe:

Oga nor dey talk wetin u nor know. Good songs sells itself especially when it comes from an already established artist.

lol dey whine ursef, why did 90% of artists find it hard to get big break again after leaving a big record label, u wan talk se them no sabi sing better song again dey whine ursef there, it because they can’t spend the kind money the label has been spending for promotion without considering how much will be left in there account, that why u now see them under until they just get lucky with one song that doesn’t need promo after years of dropping songs back to back and still go back immediately that song fade cause they can’t spend money for promo for the new song wey dem drop after that one
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Calicoe: 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
Iamicekid:

lol dey whine ursef, why did 90% of artists find it hard to get big break again after leaving a big record label, u wan talk se them no sabi sing better song again dey whine ursef there, it because they can’t spend the kind money the label has been spending for promotion without considering how much will be left in there account, that why u now see them under until they just get lucky with one song that doesn’t need promo after years of dropping songs back to back and still go back immediately that song fade cause they can’t spend money for promo for the new song wey dem drop after that one

If what you are saying is anything to go by then every song Rema drops was supposed to blow. Guy songs be like playing bet9ja when God remember u, even though say you enter booth begin shout e go become hit
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Iamicekid(m): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Calicoe:

If what you are saying is anything to go by then every song Rema drops was supposed to blow. Guy songs be like playing bet9ja when God remember u, even though say you enter booth begin shout e go become hit

Yes when God remember person nothing is impossible that’s a fact, so are u now saying people that leave there record label and them no make wave again mean say God no remember them again, music doesn’t work that way bro, go YouTube and search don jazzy moments of truth interview, he said there are some songs dey that once the artist finish for studio them don know se na little promo this song go need before e blow, while some them go need to do enough promo before e go blow wella and why some them go need full force of promo for it to go wella and he state that with this category of songs doesn’t mean it not sweet ooo but na just moment or atmosphere the people will be for it to be acceptable that why some will need more, so that why structures are put in place until u become an household name like them Davido and wiz kid that no matter what song they drop there fanbase is enough to push the song to whatever categories the song they release at that particular time fit in that category I mentioned above
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Amayabor1: 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
kendrick93:
wizkid Essence, Rema Calm down, Ckay love nwantiti, Burna last last ...are the four biggest Nigerian songs so far.

Shout out to Fireboy ft Ed Sheeran collabo

Please remove Wizkid from that list. Wizkid's essence is not in the league of Rema's Calm down and Ckay's love nwantiti. Only Burna's last last come close.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Calicoe: 1:05am On Jan 18, 2023
Iamicekid:

Yes when God remember person nothing is impossible that’s a fact, so are u now saying people that leave there record label and them no make wave again mean say God no remember them again, music doesn’t work that way bro, go YouTube and search don jazzy moments of truth interview, he said there are some songs dey that once the artist finish for studio them don know se na little promo this song go need before e blow, while some them go need to do enough promo before e go blow wella and why some them go need full force of promo for it to go wella and he state that with this category of songs doesn’t mean it not sweet ooo but na just moment or atmosphere the people will be for it to be acceptable that why some will need more, so that why structures are put in place until u become an household name like them Davido and wiz kid that no matter what song they drop there fanbase is enough to push the song to whatever categories the song they release at that particular time fit in that category I mentioned above

I totally agree with but u see this two songs we are talking about? In my opinion both went through the same promo processes which are (i) drop a song (ii) upload it on streaming platforms (iii) shoot n upload the video on YouTube (iv) talk about it on social medias then the rest of the promo is continued by the fans. That calm down is an international success was because of how far remas buzz was growing on the international stage. Regardless of the label behind him. And Buga also was an international success so I don't understand what the comparism is about. At the end of the day, it all boils down to our personal opinions about the two songs
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Vinstel: 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
frankson1:

It's 'Buga' until Governors start dancing 'calm down'
Obama is dancing to calm down and you're bragging with gov. Adeleke?
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Vinstel: 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2023
IMPARTIAL:

Yes, Buga is everywhere in Nigeria and Africa.

Prove that Calm Down is global. Pls, don't mention that video that suggested Calm Down was played in a Qatar stadium. It was a social media creation. The song was added to the video while the actual sound from the video was mooted.

Do you still need more evidence?

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Vinstel: 8:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
IMPARTIAL:

Yes, Buga is everywhere in Nigeria and Africa.

Prove that Calm Down is global. Pls, don't mention that video that suggested Calm Down was played in a Qatar stadium. It was a social media creation. The song was added to the video while the actual sound from the video was mooted.

And by the way calm down was played many times at the world cup in Qatar, there is one edited video but there are many other real ones of Calm down being played at the world cup. You can see some them via these links

https://twitter.com/PoojaMedia/status/1599050410420883456?s=20&t=OSp5f5O3HY_tnvSoJFE8wg

https://twitter.com/PoojaMedia/status/1599886514149765121?s=20&t=iSV1SvfF4Ahw5OSAXdWM-g

https://twitter.com/FIVEUK/status/1600223622236278784?s=20&t=pp8Kc6XUeoVDvGZStGifBg
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by frankson1(m): 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
Vinstel:

Obama is dancing to calm down and you're bragging with gov. Adeleke?

It's not only Adeleke dancing to Buga.
Show me video of Obama dancing to 'calm down'.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Vinstel: 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
frankson1:

It's not only Adeleke dancing to Buga.
Show me video of Obama dancing to 'calm down'.
Obama listed calm down among his best songs last year. Use Google.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by frankson1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
Vinstel:

Obama listed calm down among his best songs last year. Use Google.

I know he listed. We're talking about "DANCING" here undecided
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Vinstel: 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
frankson1:

I know he listed. We're talking about "DANCING" here undecided
So which songs are you expecting him to be dancing to apart from his best songs of the year?
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by kendrick93(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2023
Amayabor1:

Please remove Wizkid from that list. Wizkid's essence is not in the league of Rema's Calm down and Ckay's love nwantiti. Only Burna's last last come close.
Essence is the highest charting Nigerian song ever.
That song made the Top10 Billboard Hot 100.
No Nigerian song has come close
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by frankson1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2023
Vinstel:

So which songs are you expecting him to be dancing to apart from his best songs of the year?

Guy, leave me I dey watch match undecided
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Amayabor1: 5:37am On Jan 19, 2023
kendrick93:
Essence is the highest charting Nigerian song ever.
That song made the Top10 Billboard Hot 100.
No Nigerian song has come close

Ckay's love Nwantiti was the No. 1 Shazamed song worldwide. It peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Global (or World) Chart.

Rema's calm down remix with Selena Gomez was number 1 on billboard global Excl. US chart and peaked at number 3 on the billboard global 200.

Streaming on all platforms nkor? Essense doesn't come close to Love Nwantiti and Calm down. For example, on YouTube, Rema's calm down is no 9 on global Top music video (the remix is on number 5). Global music video!!!

Baba, i don't want to continue to mention the records Calm down and Love Nwantiti holds that Essense can't reach.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by kendrick93(m): 6:48am On Jan 19, 2023
Amayabor1:

Ckay's love Nwantiti was the No. 1 Shazamed song worldwide. It peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Global (or World) Chart.

Rema's calm down remix with Selena Gomez was number 1 on billboard global Excl. US chart and peaked at number 3 on the billboard global 200.

Streaming on all platforms nkor? Essense doesn't come close to Love Nwantiti and Calm down. For example, on YouTube, Rema's calm down is no 9 on global Top music video (the remix is on number 5). Global music video!!!

Baba, i don't want to continue to mention the records Calm down and Love Nwantiti holds that Essense can't reach.
lol.
You really don't know how billboard works.
Billboard Hot 100 is main chart..
Not global or Shazam...
Go get some knowledge about billboard first before arguing
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Amayabor1: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2023
kendrick93:

lol.
You really don't know how billboard works.
Billboard Hot 100 is main chart..
Not global or Shazam...
Go get some knowledge about billboard first before arguing

Lol. Billboard hot 100 is the main chart because your fav made a mark there? Lol

You are the one who really need to have a knowledge on billboard charts as this your comment shows you have no knowledge whatsoever.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/

Back to the main point; Ckay's Nwantiti and Rema's calm down beats Essense in all areas used to asssess a song's success.
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by OrigeenalSeven: 8:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin

Rema is really lucky to be under Don Baba jay. If not his career would have plummet!

But Ruga is far better than Rema.

no wonder ur village people still dey follow you up and down with broom
how you go dey compare ruga and rema

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by Haymus007(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2023
Acidosis:
Haba... Calm down is a global "pandemic"
Buga is too domestic, hijacked by political crooks.
Political crooks grin
Re: Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? by VibesTheAlpha: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2023
🔥It's a banger...a new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqxisBq2hNE

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time / Portable Releases New Song Criticizing Apostle Suleman For Using Bulletproof Car / Music : Bro Collins Ononuju - Look To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.