Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader (755 Views)

SA Divided As "White" Opposition Burns National Flag In Election Advert (PICS) / Stuart Varney: Zelensky Is A Puppet Not A Hero. Fake News Coming From Ukraine / Putin Sends Militia Into Kyiv To Assassinate Zelensky (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
Viktor Medvedchuk also argues that the Kiev government is leading Europe towards a potential nuclear crisis

The policies of President Vladimir Zelensky's government – based on hatred and intransigence towards Russia – are inevitably driving Ukraine into poverty, the former parliamentary opposition leader has warned.

Viktor Medvedchuk, who was forced into exile after being arrested by the SBU (the successor agency to the Soviet KGB), claims that Kiev is encouraging the same approach in other European states. He believes that such dangerous sentiment could even lead to an eventual nuclear standoff.

Medvedchuk’s political party was the second largest in the current Ukrainian parliament, before it was banned last year. The rump of the faction is now closely controlled by Zelensky's "Servant of the People" group.

As part of his crackdown on dissent, the President personally targeted Medvedchuk, who was a proponent of reconciliation with Russia, the latter has claimed in an article published on Monday in Russian newspaper Izvestia, in which he gives his view on the roots of the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.

Both Zelensky and his predecessor Pyotr Poroshenko had been elected after the 2014 coup in Kiev on a platform of peace, and each made a U-turn after getting into office, Medvedchuk pointed out. He argued that this shows a pattern of betrayal of the Ukrainian people by its leadership and by what he termed a “party of war.”

Being enemies with Russia is against Ukraine’s economic interests, Medvedchuk asserted. Not only is Russia a major market and source of raw materials from which Ukraine can benefit, the country’s industrial sector was mostly in the east and people there, who for historic reasons have ties to Moscow, were antagonized by Kiev. Economic ruination is an inevitable consequence of the conflict, the politician wrote.

“It is no longer [Western] Europe that teaches Ukraine politics, but Ukraine that teaches Europe how to achieve economic decline and poverty with the help of a policy of hatred and intransigence. And if Europe continues to support this policy, it will be dragged into a war, possibly a nuclear one,” he warned.

He accused Western nations of hailing the incumbent Ukrainian government for “victory after victory, while no military breakthroughs are observed,” referring to the parades that generals in Ancient Rome were given after major victories. Meanwhile, the “party of peace” has no voice either at home or abroad, Medvedchuk lamented.

Those who stood for peace were slandered, intimidated and repressed on incitement from the West. The Ukrainian party of peace simply did not suit Western democracy

“This eloquently suggests that most US and European politicians do not want any peace for Ukraine. But this does not mean at all that Ukrainians do not want peace, and that Zelensky’s military triumph is more important to them than their lives and destroyed homes.” he reasoned.

Only when pro-peace politicians are allowed to make their case freely can there be hope to resolve the situation, Medvedchuk believes.

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Mhurfhy(m): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Zelensky
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Otobong3374(m): 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
It Is Only A Fool That Will Say That Zelenskky Has Distroyed Ukraine. Many Fools Are Thinking That Zelenskky Shouldn't Have Retaliated Russia Aqqression. Many Fools Are Saying That Zelenskky Supposed To Run Away & Handover Ukraine To Liberate By Putin.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Dvdpity: 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
Twitter is trending that zelenkey is a war criminal.

3 Likes

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by DerrickzB: 7:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Otobong3374:
It Is Only A Fool That Will Say That Zelenskky Has Distroyed Ukraine. Many Fools Are Thinking That Zelenskky Shouldn't Have Retaliated Russia Aqqression. Many Fools Are Saying That Zelenskky Supposed To Run Away & Handover Ukraine To Liberate By Putin.

Obviously you lack knowledge of the build up to this crisis!! And it’s a pity!! Chie

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by caye(m): 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
DerrickzB:

Obviously you lack knowledge of the build up to this crisis!! And it’s a pity!! Chie

He may had been born post - 2004.
You might be responding to a teenager who never witnessed the Afghanistan war or Iraq war, and never knew MKO Abiola.

He might actually be ignorant; a stark one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Otobong3374(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
DerrickzB:

Where This Useless Maggot Come From? This Idiot Is Thinking That I'm Here To Argue With Him Blindly. I'm Not Like You Guys That Used To Argue Stupidly. All Of You That Are Here In Nairaland Don't Even Know Road To Ukraine Or Russia. After Useless Maggot Like U Will Come And Talk What He Doesn't Know.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Otobong3374:
Where This Useless Maggot Come From? This Idiot Is Thinking That I'm Here To Argue With Him Blindly. I'm Not Like You Guys That Used To Argue Stupidly. All Of You That Are Here In Nairaland Don't Even Know Road To Ukraine Or Russia. After Useless Maggot Like U Will Come And Talk What He Doesn't Know.

You are not just a blind pro-western slave, you are also a lousy and retarded one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 17, 2023
caye:

You might be responding to a teenager who never witnessed the Afghanistan war or Iraq war, and never knew MKO Abiola.

Lol. Definitely.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Ruggedniggaone: 3:54am On Jan 17, 2023
Otobong3374:
who is this ediot?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2023
Dvdpity:
Twitter is trending that zelenkey is a war criminal.
exactly.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Messi1: 10:56am On Jan 17, 2023
Otobong3374:
Anyone who does not hold the same opinion with them or share the same sentiment is a teenager; does not understand international politics; is a fool and still counting. Pro-Putin are so funny.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Messi1: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2023
atmy1:

You are not just a blind pro-western slave, you are also a lousy and retarded one.
You are not just a putin ass-licker, you are also blind and stupid mentally disabled one.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Messi1: 11:02am On Jan 17, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
who is this ediot?
You can not even spell the word 'idiot' and you are here. SMH.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2023

Wrong and misleading.
"Pro Putins" (to use your terminology) and others who have shown affinity to the Nazi regime in Ukraine had exercised their rights to present thier arguements on different threads I created.
They weren't called ediots as it wasn't warranted.
In this case, with this particular user, it was warranted and it was an accurate description of the actions that user exhibited.
That user tried to bully and smear others who weren't Nazi sympathizers, he was treated in the language he/she understands and now you're playing victim.

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
In addition, the champion you're defending seems to have missed some classes in school.
You seem so keen on helping nairalahders with thier grammar, why are you ignoring one of yours?
Focus on nursing your wounds, projecting and displaying hypocrisy doesn't help your cause.

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by DerrickzB: 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
Otobong3374:

I don’t blame you at all for your frustration and outburst!!! I blame your retard of a father who couldn’t use a cheap protection to avert a blunder like you!!!! Ignoramus!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by DerrickzB: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
caye:

This days even kids have phone!! My nieces of 9 years got smart phones already, so I’m not even surprised!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Otobong3374(m): 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
atmy1:

This Useless Maggot Does Not Understand My Commentg. This STD Thought That I'm An Argumentor Who Liked To Argue About Useless News That I Don't Know Anything About. Idiot, That Does Not Have Common Garri To Drink Is Wailing Nonesense Out Of His Infected Mouth. Somebody Who Is About To Die Because Of Buhari Hunger Is Shaking Like Tailor Ant Talking What His Infected Brain Direct Him To Say. I Don't Blame You, Okay?? I Blame President Buhari Who Is Voluming Poverty Into Your Life.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Otobong3374(m): 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
DerrickzB:

I don’t blame you at all for your frustration and outburst!!! I blame your retard of a father who couldn’t use a cheap protection to avert a blunder like you!!!! Ignoramus!!!
I Know Where This Useless Maggot Come From. I Can See, He's Stupid Nigerian Who Only Specialize With Drug Business Here In South Africa. We Will Set Fire On You Guys Again. Thief.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Otobong3374(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
Messi1:
Anyone who does not hold the same opinion with them or share the same sentiment is a teenager; does not understand international politics; is a fool and still counting. Pro-Putin are so funny.
The Worst Part Is, If You Post News That Don't Suit With Their Motional Thinking They Will Become Silent And Go Back To Their Useless Graves. But When They See News That Suit With Their Useless Thinking Facaulty They Will Wake Up From Their Useless Graves.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
NL should be age regulated.

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by DerrickzB: 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
Otobong3374:
I Know Where This Useless Maggot Come From. I Can See, He's Stupid Nigerian Who Only Specialize With Drug Business Here In South Africa. We Will Set Fire On You Guys Again. Thief.

Such an unfortunate thing that your useless drunkard dad didn’t use protection!!!

You are so bitter and uncultured!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
DerrickzB:

Such an unfortunate thing that your useless drunkard dad didn’t use protection!!!

You are so buttered and uncultured!!
grin grin
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Otobong3374(m): 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
DerrickzB:

Stupid Dickhead
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 18, 2023
DerrickzB:

Degenerate elements like that user will use thier mud to stain your white.
Please resist the urge to give further attention, the family member(s) will soon arrive.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by ken6488(m): 7:42am On Jan 18, 2023
Otobong3374:
Slave grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Konquest: 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2023
DebbyParkway:
Viktor Medvedchuk also argues that the Kiev government is leading Europe towards a potential nuclear crisis

The policies of President Vladimir Zelensky's government – based on hatred and intransigence towards Russia – are inevitably driving Ukraine into poverty, the former parliamentary opposition leader has warned.

Viktor Medvedchuk, who was forced into exile after being arrested by the SBU (the successor agency to the Soviet KGB), claims that Kiev is encouraging the same approach in other European states. He believes that such dangerous sentiment could even lead to an eventual nuclear standoff.

Medvedchuk’s political party was the second largest in the current Ukrainian parliament, before it was banned last year. The rump of the faction is now closely controlled by Zelensky's "Servant of the People" group.

As part of his crackdown on dissent, the President personally targeted Medvedchuk, who was a proponent of reconciliation with Russia, the latter has claimed in an article published on Monday in Russian newspaper Izvestia, in which he gives his view on the roots of the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.

Both Zelensky and his predecessor Pyotr Poroshenko had been elected after the 2014 coup in Kiev on a platform of peace, and each made a U-turn after getting into office, Medvedchuk pointed out. He argued that this shows a pattern of betrayal of the Ukrainian people by its leadership and by what he termed a “party of war.”

Being enemies with Russia is against Ukraine’s economic interests, Medvedchuk asserted. Not only is Russia a major market and source of raw materials from which Ukraine can benefit, the country’s industrial sector was mostly in the east and people there, who for historic reasons have ties to Moscow, were antagonized by Kiev. Economic ruination is an inevitable consequence of the conflict, the politician wrote.

“It is no longer [Western] Europe that teaches Ukraine politics, but Ukraine that teaches Europe how to achieve economic decline and poverty with the help of a policy of hatred and intransigence. And if Europe continues to support this policy, it will be dragged into a war, possibly a nuclear one,” he warned.

He accused Western nations of hailing the incumbent Ukrainian government for “victory after victory, while no military breakthroughs are observed,” referring to the parades that generals in Ancient Rome were given after major victories. Meanwhile, the “party of peace” has no voice either at home or abroad, Medvedchuk lamented.

Those who stood for peace were slandered, intimidated and repressed on incitement from the West. The Ukrainian party of peace simply did not suit Western democracy

“This eloquently suggests that most US and European politicians do not want any peace for Ukraine. But this does not mean at all that Ukrainians do not want peace, and that Zelensky’s military triumph is more important to them than their lives and destroyed homes.” he reasoned.

Only when pro-peace politicians are allowed to make their case freely can there be hope to resolve the situation, Medvedchuk believes.
I share the same sentiments with
Medvedchuk. The larger population of Ukrainians just want peace for their homeland and a restored economy. Zelensky's lack of emotional intelligence and understanding of geopolitical events is partly responsible for elongating this crazy war, aside from Putins stupid arrogance. Period.
Re: Zelensky Is Destroying Ukraine – Exiled Opposition Leader by Otobong3374(m): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2023
ken6488:
Slave grin
grin
ken6488:
Slave grin
So Many Fools Are Rampant Here. Just Like This Authentic Mugu

(1) (Reply)

Which Country Would Win In An All Out African War / Niger Coup: Africa Union Reject Intervention Of Niger Military Coup( Pix, Video) / If President Barrack Obama Should Give You A Call Mistaken What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.