Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,248 members, 7,849,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:15 AM

Generator Fumes Kill Family Of 4 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Generator Fumes Kill Family Of 4 (514 Views)

Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel / Why People Don't Wake Up While Inhaling Generator Fumes. / Midnight Inferno Roasts Family Of Six To Death In Benue [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Generator Fumes Kill Family Of 4 by itiswell1(m): 6:37am On Sep 06, 2011
A family of four was yesterday found dead, in Nkwelle-Ezunaka town, Oyi Local Council Area of Anambra State, in what seems to be suffocation, due to emissions from a generating set. Mr Peter Nwoye, 46, his wife Ebele and two children, Chisom and Rapuluchukwu, who hailed from Ezinkwelle village, were last seen on Sunday night when they went to bed, but failed to come out of their four-bedroom bungalow at 7.30, Monday morning.

When all efforts to gain access to their house proved abortive, their next door neighbours, forced the door open, only to see them lying with lifeless with foam coming from their mouths.
According to Peter’s immediate elder sister, Mrs Theresa Umeagwu, the family had slept with the 6 .5 KVA generator, which was put in one of the rooms, which the neighbours heard worked till the next morning.

“I rushed here from my husband’s place when they told me my brother and his family was found dead this morning. I was told that their big generator continued working until this morning when it stopped on its own. I came in to see the whole family wiped out, and was told it was because, the generator was on,” Mrs. Umeagwu said.

But Daily Sun investigation gathered that the family usually chained the power generating set at the back of the house. An electrician, who identified himself as Oduche Nnagbo said, he did the wiring job for the family, and had on many occasions witnessed them making use of the set from outside the house, and wondered what could have pushed them to drag in the heavy generator that fateful night.

In his words, “I am the one who handled the wiring for the generator. I have always known it to work from outside the house. So, I’m surprised to hear that they slept with it yester night. I even heard the police have taken the generator away.”
When the Anambra state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Emeka Chukwuemeka was contacted, he said that it was not yet clear what befell the family, but that the generating set and their vomit was taken as exhibit, so as to discover the true cause of their death.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;board=9.0

(1) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Business- Genuine And Serious / Gift Fest Is Calling You At Hampersnationwide.com / The Rising Of God's People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.