Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate (1498 Views)

Results Of APC Presidential Primaries From 10 States So Far. / Buhari Garnered 697,532 votes In Imo APC Presidential Primary / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Sammy07: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2023
If former governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola is the one currently running on the platform of APC as their Presidential candidate

1. Obidients, you go choose him over Peter Obi? Irrespective of Party Affiliation?

2. Will Obi have more proven competent than Fashola?

3. If Fashola pick Muslim Muslim ticket, would he still be rejected?

Running a survey, no come spoil my thread

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Jones4190(m): 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
in what aspect do think obi is better than kwankwaso and tinubu?

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by FuckTheMod: 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
Pigs are hypocrites
Pigs are bigots
They will never still choose him over pandora òbí

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Urheadmaster(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
In every aspect of expertise tongue

Jones4190:

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Jones4190(m): 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Urheadmaster:
In every aspect of expertise tongue

just name one

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by ashacot: 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
All were former governors.

Tinubu performed better than Keankwanso and peter Obi.

Tinubu is by far a better leader than all the contestants.

By far.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Urheadmaster(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
The readiness to welcome any questions thrown at him.
Jones4190:
just name one

Unlike tulubo who avoid interviews tongue.
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
I can vote for Fashola over Peter Obi though he has proven that it's easier to govern and do well in a state like Lagos but Nigeria is a different kettle of fish entirely. Governing Nigeria requires more than just spending money but rather management of available resources and ability to think outside the box to get solutions.

If he ran with a Muslim Muslim ticket however, I wouldn't vote for him because I know what the endgame is for that ticket and it does not portend anything good for Nigeria, most especially Nigerian Christians.

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Sammy07: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:
I can vote for Fashola over Peter Obi though he has proven that it's easier to govern and do well in a state like Lagos but Nigeria is a different kettle of fish entirely. Governing Nigeria requires more than just spending money but rather management of available resources and ability to think outside the box to get solutions.

If he ran with a Muslim Muslim ticket however, I wouldn't vote for him because I know what the endgame is for that ticket and it does not portend anything good for Nigeria, most especially Nigerian Christians.

Alright noted
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Jostoman: 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Fashola that those despirate people in lagos have use that cam corder set up to stain his reputation.

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Sammy07: 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
Jostoman:
Fashola that those despirate people in lagos have use that cam corder set up to stain his reputation.

Stain his reputation? cheesy

Are you guys kids?
Are we talking about Jesus and Nazareth here
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by aariwa(m): 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
Obidients wont touch fashola with long spoon. You should be talking about Osibanjo. Most Obidients like him

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Richardonald(m): 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
Which fashola

The one that failed as minister of power...

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by kingmaster2009: 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
Obi is Over-hyped or over-rated presidential candidate because of the privilege of his competitive candidates ..

We have more intelligent politicians that can fill the presidential position than Obi...

This is the political strategy of the ObiDENSe campaign team. ..

They capitalized on the bad records of both Atiku and Tinubu
They use tribal, ethnic, and racial sentiment
They use different unfulfilled promises of Buhari and antecedents of Atiku to propagate their evil gospel
They used different bad scenarios in the past to captivate the mind of some of these ignorant youth.
He paid some people to be doing some dirty work on social media for him by posting bad comments about another popular presidential candidate

Listen to some of his messages and presentation at Chaitam house....and for me, I think Nigerian deserves a more competent person as their president than someone like Obi who is just giving false statistics about the economy and political issues in other countries

Now, because I know Obi candidates is heavily fueled by the Yiibo tribe and their sentiments ...and with their tendency of ensuring Yiibo man become the president ....

Now, I Foresee greater challenges ahead...in terms of playing a non-partisan politics, unite the already shredded umbrella of unity that holds us together as a nation...I doubt if Obi can do it because of his antecedent as Anambra state governor ...

I also foresee challenges of the economy is already comatose and the matrix he intends to use to revive it

I foresee challenges because many toes will be stepped on and those toes might unite to fight against his movement if he intense to play along with those corrupt politicians ....to save his government ...so, what will be d different between his government and his predecessor...

I foresee challenges as a typical Yiibo man and their usual character to fill almost all the key positions in government with Yiibo people and left the rest for other majority and minority tribe to share

I foresee challenges because the Obi im seeing lack the capacity to give nigerians what they wants at this point in time...

Lemme stop here

We are watching who emerges as the president of the country and I shall be back to itemize some of the challenges I foresee in them.

Quite unfortunate that even though Nigeria is blessed with human and natural resources but we cannot produce a good leader that will take us to the eldorado.

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Sannisege: 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
Tinubu is the only southerner that can win general election in APC. Presidential election is not conducted only in the south. Who sabi Fashola for north?

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Sannisege: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
aariwa:
Obidients wont touch fashola with long spoon. You should be talking about Osibanjo. Most Obidients like him
So na obidients dey determine who wins election in Nigeria? I dey laugh ooooo
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Bigshots001(m): 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
*To me I feel PYO would be a better choice than Fashola because some of these reasons:
Fashola is a Muslim and it will be very difficult for some to look pass that, given that the outgoing president from the party is also a Muslim,the christians will ask questions and his political opponents will also use that as a propaganda against his candidature.
*Fashola is will be seen as a puppet to Tinubu unlike PYO who has shown that he is a self-willed individual and a determined one as that.
*Fashola's comment (role) during the endsars campaign might work against him, especially from the youths, example is what happened to Gen Enenche.
*APC factor is also a minus for him.
*His track record is good and I can tell you that will only be his selling point.
*The mood of the country now is anything but APC and also the youth awakening for socio-political change which Peter Obi stirred or better still capitalized to his advantage is a factor, the youths are getting fed up with the old and anachronistic political pattern, I'm not sure Fashola will present anything different from the old other.
*Fashola would have be a better saleable candidate than Tinubu, his identity and history are verifiable.
*APC missed it with PYO, because the christian-body, Professional bodies and the youths would have quickly thrown their support behind him, given how sound he is.
*PYO is less controversial and very learned,he would have been doing to PO,what PO is doing to Tinubu, and I'm very sure he wouldn't have been running away from debates.
*Obi's selling point as against the two other candidates are,the mood of the country right now,APC and PDP failures,age and vitality differents,less controversies, regional consideration and his frugal ability to manage resources at his desposal.
*But,I will prefer an Akinwunmi Adesina or PYO to PO any day anytime even though he's presently my candidate and just to be fair,not that they might perform better than PO.
*Tinubu's undoing is self-inflicted(crazy entitlement, shaddy past, inability to come boldly to Nigerians to respond to their questions, health challenge, and numerous gaffe),he failed big time, this is not 2015 election...��
My opinion is subjective though, looking forward to seeing better opinions better than mine, not these guys who pride themselves in insulting and degrading each other.

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by NothingDoMe: 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sammy07:
If former governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola is the one currently running on the platform of APC as their Presidential candidate

1. Obidients, you go choose him over Peter Obi? Irrespective of Party Affiliation?

I prefer Osinbajo. Fashola failed as minster for power.
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by FatherOfJesus: 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
Jones4190:
Tinubu is a thief, Obi is not.

Kwankwaso is a tribal bigot, Obi is not.

Go and sin no more.

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by SmartPolician: 1:22am On Jan 18, 2023
You need someone to tap you and bring you back to reality.

Focus on who the parties have chosen.

We have general election in a couple of days away.

Assumptions don't matter at this time.
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:08am On Jan 18, 2023
That would have been clash of the Titans, worthy of undivided attention not an eyesore!!!

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by limeta(f): 3:51am On Jan 18, 2023
Nigeria is not fulanis and yorubas only
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by techWriter3: 4:11am On Jan 18, 2023
Who loves about a Nigerians somebody , ewedu munching creature spit
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by leokid866: 4:14am On Jan 18, 2023
odduduwa:
Who cares about a Yoruba Muslim , ewedu munching creature spit
I swear it go choke you people when we put Amala and Ewedu on the Flag..... grin.....February is almost here......
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by leokid866: 4:16am On Jan 18, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

But your current president is a Muslim, can you tell us what that meant for Nigeria in the last seven years and what will be different if another Muslim takes over?
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:43am On Jan 18, 2023
leokid866:
But your current president is a Muslim, can you tell us what that meant for Nigeria in the last seven years and what will be different if another Muslim takes over?
Go to the MDAs and find out. Go to the forests and investigate.
Mind you, the last seven years had a mixed faith representation. Now imagine what happens with a same faith representation. It's like double of what we're seeing now.
Besides that, the idea of Muslim Muslim portends that the Christians in the North automatically become second-class citizens. Anytime a Muslim candidate emerges from the South, it will mean a Muslim vice must pair him. That's exclusionary politics and is not in line with democratic principles. We all celebrated when Obama became president. We all rejoiced when Harris became vice. But here in our country, we're playing exclusionary politics.

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by DMerciful(m): 4:49am On Jan 18, 2023
Obi has courage, Fashola lacks courage,
thats why he is not a candidate!
Sammy07:

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by MiaBeer(m): 4:49am On Jan 18, 2023
Which Fashola?
The one who claimed that he built a website with 78 million naira. Look at the economies both managed, Lagos and Anambra.
Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by ican2020: 4:59am On Jan 18, 2023
MiaBeer:
Which Fashola?
The one who claimed that he built a website with 78 million naira. Look at the economies both managed, Lagos and Anambra.
He failed as power minister and under him many roads especially in the South became more worse

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by James91: 6:17am On Jan 18, 2023
FuckTheMod:
Pigs are hypocrites
Pigs are bigots
They will never still choose him over pandora òbí
like this pigs of your generation

Re: If Fashola Had Been APC Presidential Candidate by FuckTheMod: 6:19am On Jan 18, 2023
James91:
like this pigs of your generation
No, like the ones that birthed you.
Ho low ree buu ruu kuu ọmọ ẹrán

How Can God Allow This Earthquake To Happen Killing 11000 Human! / Igbos No Dey Learn / Ask SE Gov To Release Kanu The Way You Claimed Ojukwu Released Awolowo - Omokri