Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? (320 Views)

A Complete Guide Cartooning Using Photoshop / Free Tutorial On Photo To Art Using Photoshop Cs6 / 14 Striking Photos That Had No Help From Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? by lovediehatelive(m): 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
Please I made some sketches with pencil and paper.

I intend turning them into digital illustrations by scanning them and painting with Photoshop.

My question now is, how do I trace only the lines of the sketches so that they become independent from the white paper I used to draw?

Thanksgiving
Re: How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? by erad(m): 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2023
You open a new layer above the image layer in photoshop and make your sketch on that layer.
Re: How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? by lovediehatelive(m): 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
erad:
You open a new layer above the image layer in photoshop and make your sketch on that layer.

Thanks for your input.

So I will have to make a new sketch apart from the one I made with pencil and paper?

What if I don't get the lines accurately while tracing
Re: How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? by erad(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Thanks for your input.

So I will have to make a new sketch apart from the one I made with pencil and paper?

What if I don't get the lines accurately while tracing

You can decide to separate the artwork from the background, enhance it and leave it like that.

Most experienced artists will choose to re-ink it because the output is much cleaner but it requires some level of experience as well as a digital tablet to make sketching easier.
Re: How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? by lovediehatelive(m): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
erad:

You can decide to separate the artwork from the background, enhance it and leave it like that.

Most experienced artists will choose to re-ink it because the output is much cleaner but it requires some level of experience as well as a digital tablet to make sketching easier.

Thanks.

Please any useful tutorial on separating the the artwork from the background?

Because tracing it seems like redrawing it. Like double work, and you could lose the originality of the work
Re: How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? by erad(m): 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Thanks.

Please any useful tutorial on separating the the artwork from the background?

Because tracing it seems like redrawing it. Like double work, and you could lose the originality of the work

Can you upload one of the artworks.
About originality, it's still your design if you redraw it.
That's why most digital artists only do skeletal work on paper and the fleshing out and finishing on pc.

You can also collaborate with a digital artists willing to do the work.
Re: How Do I Trace Out The Sketch Lines Using Photoshop? by lovediehatelive(m): 7:28am On Jan 20, 2023
erad:

Can you upload one of the artworks.
About originality, it's still your design if you redraw it.
That's why most digital artists only do skeletal work on paper and the fleshing out and finishing on pc.

You can also collaborate with a digital artists willing to do the work.

Once again, thank you!

By originally, I don't mean copyright.

I mean the work might not come out exactly as you sketched it if you trace it. The lines might be bigger or smaller compared to the original work.

The shapes might become a little bit distorted.

(1) (Reply)

Video Animator Wanted (long Term Job) / I Need Someone Who Can Do 3D Model / Skyunit Photography Wins Saphoto Chchallenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.