Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country (28106 Views)

Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral / Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos / EndSARS: Comedian, Mr Macaroni, Other Protesters Stripped, Tied (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Buhari4sale: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
Konjiboii:

You no get sense, and you will never get sense same way your mama no get sense enough to abort you, same way your papa no quick withdraw chook preek for your mama dirty mouth to swallow you.

Imagine the nonsense you wrote up there because I remind you of how stupid you are by supporting a foolish fool like you.

I don't troll with parents cos they mean a lot to me after God.

Just want you to know that you will remain a looser till you kiss the dust Idiat.

I wish you quick recovery from being a national ignorant

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobonaire2023:
Nigerians will vote and then demand that the cause of the fuel scarcity should be kept.

Ghana, Niger, Benin, Cameroon, and most African countries do not have queues. That is because...they do not keep fuel subsidy.

Algeria charges less for fuel than Nigeria...but they have a smaller population and produce more crude than we do, so they can afford it.

Same for Angola.

But we have 200 million people, and priduce 1.52m barrels of crude a day....and yet we want to live like UAE that has 15million people and produces 2.4m barrles of crude a day?

APC kept subsidy, and messed up our economy.

Anyway, e dey sweet me, that at least the three main candidates are supporting subsidy removal.

If you want an end to fuel queues forever....REMOVE SUBSIDY, and LET THE MARKETERS SET THEIR PRICES...

Yes, we will pay N900 per liter...but yes, we would save dollars, and yes, we would make refining at home sensible.
You made excuse of population and crude production for Algeria

Does Ghana, Niger, Benin, Cameroon have comparable population of crude production with Nigeria that you're using them as basis for comparison.
Are you saying Nigeria shouldn't aspire to be like Algeria and Angola economy wise but should aspire to be like her smaller and poorer neighbors?
Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

You made excuse of population and crude production for Algeria

Does Ghana, Niger, Benin, Cameroon have comparable population of crude production with Nigeria that you're using them as basis for comparison.
Are you saying Nigeria shouldn't aspire to be like Algeria and Angola economy wise but should aspire to be like her smaller and poorer neighbors?
Na wa o

If we can produce 10 m barrels of crude, we would be like Algeria, so to speak, assuming oil prices remain the same.

But at the end, Nigeria has diversify its sources of income. We are too many for the revenue we get from crude oil. That is where industrializatin comes in.(I want us to be like Gemany, the USA, CHINA and Japan. Not algeria. We need to be a producer nation, as Obi has pointed out).

(I am talking nicely to you today, if you start the mockery and abuse....).
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by benjaminlawson(m): 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
I think this is the time the president should take front sit of his government, how would every body does what pleases him or her unchecked. The minister of finance came to tell us this week that they will start gradual subsidy Withdrawer from April this year, this the same corrupt woman that told us that government budget 3.6 trillion for subsidy till June ending, while changing the goal post while the match is still on. What will happen to subsidy money from April to June she failed to tell us. EFCC will find challenging task to be confronted with after the expiration of this government, it will even be a child play when compared to Abacha loots.

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Noblex2011(m): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
Splitmind:
A failed comedian and foolish wailer has come to open his dirty mouth.

This omo ale is not even scared of demarketing his own brother's Presidential ambitions.

Nemesis will catch up with you soon Mr spaghetti! angry

You will just come online to split nonsense. You should show him his father. Unculture man. Must you cry? he has every fucking right to vote for whosoever he wants to vote for just like the way you are planning to vote for another suffering in the next four or eight years . You are okay with that since you were brought up with hardship and suffering. The way you are configured to stay strong in hardship , he was not configured or brought up in that way. You have two eyes yet you are seeing like a blind person. Same Tinubu that lied that Buhari will give us jobs, electricity , bla bla bla is also the one using his mouth to lie again now. All of them including those who are causing all this hardship in this country will see the wrath of God and their generations. They will not live long to reap the wealth they are amassing at the expense of people suffering including their generations. Unknown sickness will always be their portion and their joy will not be full except they are doing what is right to the people of this country. My final advice for you, travel across Nigeria and go and witness how high the rate of poverty and suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Fortruth: 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
But Mr Marconi this has been happening since… Happened when Tinubu was Governor (ironically the same time Atiku was vice)…..

Why cant you say reject these former party “big men”….

The same crop of elites running the show and some Niggers think they will magically change things as president this year….

Really?

FOOLS … black FOOLS
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Sleekfingers: 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobonaire2023:

At least there would be no more smuggling, and no one will be giving free subsidy money, or taking money from other sectors to feed subsidy, and the subsidy monster will starve.

On the good side, people will finally invest in refineries.

You are absolutely right. ....I am strongly in support of the subsidy removal.......
But most Nigerians will be crying that , the fuel price is too much......as a matter of fact, Nigeria fuel is the cheapest in Africa.....

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Fujiyama: 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobonaire2023:

Everything starts from the landing cost of fuel being above N500 and being sold at N180 at the pump.

Before, it was government selling the fuel below the cost of production to 'cushion the effect of high crude prices on fuel price'

Once you get that, you will understand why subsides are evil.

I know you believe subsides will cause hardship. I agree, but at the same time, keeping subsides is causing more hardship...just not in visible ways.

^^^
Kobonaire,

I am an empiricist.

I think data driven solutions provide a greater chance of solving problems.

I had several debates with a fellow named grandstar on this fuel subsidy issue. I asked him several times to provide the data proving that NNPC was selling PMS from KRC, PHRC etc. below cost price. He couldn't. And you haven't either. Its just been speculation all the way. I think you'll agree with me that this information was crucial to the discussion as at then. Anyway...that has all been overtaken by events since none of the refineries is producing at the moment. We are 100% importing refined fuel now and selling below cost price. This is clearly unsustainable. I have said this several times. Don't make it seem as if we are in favour of subsidies no matter how irrational - that simply isn't true.

The subsidy (on imported fuel) clearly has to go. The question is: what's the plan to manage the fallout?

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Konjiboii: 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
Buhari4sale:

Imagine the nonsense you wrote up there because I remind you of how stupid you are by supporting a foolish fool like you.

I don't troll with parents cos they mean a lot to me after God.

Just want you to know that you will remain a looser till you kiss the dust Idiat.

I wish you quick recovery from being a national ignorant

Basically I'm saying you are a bastard
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
Sleekfingers:

You are absolutely right. ....I am strongly in support of the subsidy removal.......
But most Nigerians will be crying that , the fuel price is too much......as a matter of fact, Nigeria fuel is the cheapest in Africa.....

Lord knows i know the suffering that would result if we remove subsidy, but keeping it means that we end up with more and more debt.

It is the worst decision we can make...suffer loudly or suffer quietly.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
FuckDModz:
grin

Urchins are paying less for fuel. And they will vote for thiefnubû so they can continue to “enjoy” Nigeria.

Fucking bastards!
Lol dey play Na urchins are buying Fuel for 100 naira per liter in my area grin grin grin
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
Kobonaire,

I am an empiricist.

I think data driven solutions provide a greater chance of solving problems.

I had several debates with a fellow named grandstar on this fuel subsidy issue. I asked him several times to provide the data proving that NNPC was selling PMS from KRC, PHRC etc. below cost price. He couldn't. And you haven't either. Its just been speculation all the way. I think you'll agree with me that this information was crucial to the discussion as at then. Anyway...that has all been overtaken by events since none of the refineries is producing at the moment. We are 100% importing refined fuel now and selling below cost price. This is clearly unsustainable. I have said this several times. Don't make it seem as if we are in favour of subsidies no matter how irrational - that simply isn't true.

The subsidy clearly has to go. The question is: what's the plan to manage the fallout?

There are reports on the matter all over the internet....like this one.

NNPC boss goes into detail on why it costs so much to bring in fuel into Nigeria.

And as someone has pointed out elsewhere on this site, the price of fuel on average is around N250 per liter.

At the end, the thing is, when you don't let people set their prices, there will always be distortions.

And let's face facts. It is time subsidy went. It should have gone years ago. Maybe the savings can be used to add extra money to those who need fuel to run their businesses.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Jimbah(m): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
malikombi:
Fuel has never been scarce in Jigawa.
I really pity those who are affected by this fuel scarcity of a thing

Oga how many people get car for jigawa...

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobonaire2023:

If we can produce 10 m barrels of crude, we would be like Algeria, so to speak, assuming oil prices remain the same.

But at the end, Nigeria has diversify its sources of income. We are too many for the revenue we get from crude oil. That is where industrializatin comes in.(I want us to be like Gemany, the USA, CHINA and Japan. Not algeria. We need to be a producer nation, as Obi has pointed out).

(I am talking nicely to you today, if you start the mockery and abuse....).
Lol. You have come again with all these funny and false analysis.
How many countries produce 10m barrels of crude to start with?
Algeria does not even produce anything close to that. As at today, their crude production is almost same with Nigeria.
Nigeria has already diversified its revenue source. That's what the facts say. Crude gives only about 30% of our revenue presently. The problem is our Forex reserve which is being siphoned through corruption and of course our lean govt revenue which is being badly mismanaged.
Always learn to get your facts right!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lol. You have come again with all these funny and false analysis.
How many countries produce 10m barrels of crude to start with?
Algeria does not even produce anything close to that. As at today, their crude production is almost same with Nigeria.
Nigeria has already diversified its revenue source. That's what the facts say. Crude gives only about 30% of our revenue presently. The problem our Forex which is being siphoned through corruption and of course our learn govt revenue.
Always learn to get your facts right!

Mockery starting...

I really don't know why this subsidy removal thing bugs you so much.

Anyway, I don't talk to people who quote me for the sole purpose of mocking me.

If mocking me makes you feel good about yourself, knock yourself out. At the end, you are just wasting your breath. I have no power to change nothing in this country, yet you behave like I do have that power.

Switch off the computer, and enjoy the fresh air.

Good night
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Ruthless70: 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
AcuraZDX:

https://twitter.com/mrmacaronii/status/1616048791815069698?t=kDbYuWS5o9t3yl0FTLKvEg&s=19

In your short and myopic view of government
Tell me the administration that has passed by that we don't have this kind of issue,

If you were still a lady in 1993, then ask your father what happened then!!!!
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Ruthless70: 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
madridguy:
Man made scarcity. We Nigerians are just wicked.

God bless you
We are so much irresponsible in this country that will always look for a way to blame govt... Are we citizens better of No.

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Glink2018(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2023
AcuraZDX:

https://twitter.com/mrmacaronii/status/1616048791815069698?t=kDbYuWS5o9t3yl0FTLKvEg&s=19

See English composition like Oluomo own...

Disgrace to the school that gave you their certificate...

Thank God you are now a skit maker master..bevsue no blue chip company will ever employ someone with this Agberoish English composition.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Backpedal: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nigerians actually deserve this level of suffering

If not there would have been big revolts by now against the establishment

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by marlow1962(m): 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
TechCapon:
I think this scarcity is only in Lagos. I don't see people from other states complaining
Come to delta state (asaba pricely) and see where Mercedes Benz owners are queuing just to get bunkery fuel for 400. Fuel station own na “either u buy or get out”

I heard dy how sell 5h per liter In warri (tho I don’t knw if it’s true or not).

My bro, Nigerians deserve to suffer another 8years, maybe after 16 good years of suffering we go adjust, but for now everybody is suffering and calling it cruise.

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobonaire2023:

Mockery starting...

I really don't know why this subsidy removal thing bugs you so much.

Anyway, I don't talk to people who quote me for the sole purpose of mocking me.

If mocking me makes you feel good about yourself, knock yourself out. At the end, you are just wasting your breath. I have no power to change nothing in this country, yet you behave like I do.

Switch off the computer, and enjoy the fresh air.

Good night

Lol. When you get schooled and exposed, you claim you're being attacked or "mocked".

Subsidy does not bug me as much as fraudulent intellectualism being covered in the wrapper of dispassionate analysis.

From my discussions with you, it's become obvious you just trumpet subsidy removal as an excuse to rid the govt of responsibility in the malaise that has befallen our oil and gas sector and not that you really sat down to read, research and understand the underlying issues and the historicity like any decent enlightened mind should do.
People who take up a jaundiced view and continually hammer on it using deft means of muddling up strings of events to buttress their false views are usually led by avarice more than a search for true solutions or public enlightenment.
That's my main grouse with you not necessarily subsidy or not.

A clear example is power subsidy. The minister of finance has come out to say it's been ended since last year. Yet you still hammer on it like a broken record as one of the panacea to our economic woes. You deliberately failed to realise that power distribution actually improved after the discos were taken over by govt. These are facts any decent mind that's truly following events will be conversant with. But I bet if anyone asks you the problems with Nigeria's power sector this evening, you'll still claim it's subsidy and low tariff.
We can disagree on solutions to Nigeria's problems. I have no issues with that. But I certainly believe any honest person can't disagree on what the problems are.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by tolexy007(m): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Buhari4sale:

You are very stupid and mannerless. Your days are numbered you foolish gullible follower of a demented, professional liar and stinking jew!

February is around the corner. God forbid I support the least on the option.

is this d best u can cry?
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Fujiyama: 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobonaire2023:
There are reports on the matter all over the internet....like this one.

NNPC boss goes into detail on why it costs so much to bring in fuel into Nigeria.

^^^

grin

Now you've started behaving like that grandstar fellow.

The link you provided doesn't say anything new. I know there is a subsidy on imported fuel. I've known that for years. What isn't so clear is whether there is (or was) a subsidy on locally refined fuel. And you have avoided answering that question.

Kobonaire2023:
And as someone has pointed out elsewhere on this site, the price of fuel on average is around N250 per liter.

^^^
This is not clear and I'm not sure if it is deliberate. What price? The black market price? The landing cost of imported fuel? What price? No hearsay, speculation or conjecture please - I want hard evidence.

Kobonaire2023:
At the end, the thing is, when you don't let people set their prices, there will always be distortions.

^^^
You clearly have a problem with price controls - and that's fine. You also have a problem with subsidies - and that's a little harder to defend. Do you have a problem with subsidies as a matter of principle or just how they are sometimes implemented? undecided Because that's a whole new discussion on its own.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by InvertedHammer: 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
/
People want to vote along ethno-religious line.

Ask Katsina people what they gained from Buhari---the same pain and suffering.

Ask muslims what they gained from Buhari--the same pain and suffering.

The good news is that those that vote along ethno-religious line still succumb to the law of Natural Selection---the survival of the fittest because they have no advantage over the rest of the masses. It is more like cutting off the head to spite the nose. grin grin

/

2 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by bdon123(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Oh yes 2023.we take d power back frm this set of politicians ....we will tell dem there is nothing like emilokan ....the people decides
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Ray07(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
Strange argument.

Petroleum pricing depends on demand and supply - and this supply and demand interaction depends on a lot more. Not just population size. To make population size the key independent variable in this equation is a grievous error.

What's the daily demand for petroleum products in Nigeria? What's the local supply? What's the foreign supply?

What's the cost of producing i.e. locally refining a litre of PMS in Nigeria today? Or last week? Or last year? No speculation please. Just give facts.

We were told then that the deregulation of AGO (automotive gas oil) pump prices would lead to new downstream sector investment, new refining capacity etc. This did not happen. AGO is still being imported 100% as far as I can tell.

The subsidy on imported PMS is unsustainable and has to go. We all agree on that.
Well said sir. But people go really suffer if subsidy is remove. Plenty go die of wahala.

If only they useless people who are in power now had allowed GEJ to remove subsidy, this would have been history today.
GEJ gov even made provisions to buy buses for each state to curb the effect of high transport fare.

If subsidy is eventually removed, would an average Nigerian benefits from the money saved for fuel subsidy ? . . .

Accountability is one thing the gov lacks.
Not a single basic amenities way tax payer money Nigeria gov don use solve for this yeye country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Fujiyama: 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ray07:
If subsidy is eventually removed, would an average Nigerian benefits from the money saved for fuel subsidy ? . . .

Not a single basic amenities way tax payer money Nigeria gov don use solve for this yeye country.

^^^
Nigerian governments cannot do anything useful. They just can't.

We are the only OPEC country in this mess.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Badb0y4lyf(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2023
Yet tinubu wants to rescue us from APC
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Tareq1105: 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
AcuraZDX:
And the useless party in charge sti have the guts to Campaign.

Tinubu can never be the President of Nigeria. No matter how you want to argue.

Thunder faya APC.

Those that wanted to declare war over fuel price are now crying of bully. Nonsénse

You will hug transformer when Asiwaju is declared winner.

When PDP Obasanjo Atiku gave 18 licenses to those that wanted to build refineries, how many eventually build? None of them. Is it Buhari? When Obasanjo fixed the 3 refineries, who are the people that vandalized it? Even the security men on duty compromised. Is it Buhari? You guys don't know anything.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by everythinggirly(f): 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
May God deliver our dear country from the hands of evil leaders.
See as everybody dey Japa, if everything was alright, who go Japa?
Anybody wey no mean good for us, make him receive disappointment even before this election.
God bless Nigeria.
One love.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by jahsharon: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
It is only someone that is comfortable in his poverty that will vote APC

Reject poverty and kick out APC with your PVC

I hope those of us that are stinkingly rich can vote for whosoever we desire. Not everyone is wretched like your parents.
Re: Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country by Tareq1105: 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ray07:
Well said sir. But people go really suffer if subsidy is remove. Plenty go die of wahala.

If only they useless people who are in power now had allowed GEJ to remove subsidy, this would have been history today.
GEJ gov even made provisions to buy buses for each state to curb the effect of high transport fare.

My guy forget about buying buses thing. We're not kids. The buses would not last one year. Forget that. There's nothing we've not seen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate President, Bukola Saraki At Mecca (Photo) / Oshiomhole Fails To Resume Office On Friday / Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.