Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card (23615 Views)

CBN Launches Talents, Artwork And Skills Competition / Diamond Bank Plc Has Launched Visa Signature Debit Card, Which Is Designed Speci / Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 20, 2023
Adaorababy:
We're still deliberating if it's necessary to accept this fake new notes that stains, you're busy introducing another fake debit card that will most likely give incessant network issues.

CBN, pls face your work and stop meddling in activities that's unrelated to your scope just because you're perceived to be autonomous!
I really don't get your point

1 Like

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by nanauju(f): 7:14am On Jan 20, 2023
Get your kids educational android tablets for promo price of N20,000 Different specifications.

All products come with pouches

Call or Whatsapp on 0 7 0 6 1 80 9 8 1 9

Location is lagos, delivery is nationwide

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by itoldu: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Commendable, Enough money for Master. ard visa and the likes has given insight to what we can do for ourselves

Verve is Nigerian. I don't even know if I can walk into CBN today and open a savings account.

1 Like

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by SMARTMOTORS(m): 7:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Street boys go run local jobs tire!
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2023
meobizy:
Somebody should explain how this is different from the ATM card in my wallet.
because the card itself is the bank.. card is the bank and the ATM..
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Tayorshd2(m): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2023
Thief's everywhere ..

Plz what's d advantage of 5his over the initial ATM we are using
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Adaorababy(f): 7:21am On Jan 20, 2023
Hopeba:
I really don't get your point

I'm not sure, you'll ever do
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by johnjose68: 7:23am On Jan 20, 2023
Adaorababy:
We're still deliberating if it's necessary to accept this fake new notes that stains, you're busy introducing another fake debit card that will most likely give incessant network issues.

CBN, pls face your work and stop meddling in activities that's unrelated to your scope just because you're perceived to be autonomous!

Enemy of good news. Cretin and gremlin.

Make sure you rehearse well how you will cry and go back to your i.pobian struggle after you have been balablued on February 25. grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 20, 2023
Adaorababy:

I'm not sure, you'll ever do
What's the scope of the CBN? Iam sure you don't even know... Is atm card not part of the banking business? What are the functions of the c.b.n? Anty go look bush

1 Like

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by meobizy(f): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Expetiate. That is too layman of a response.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by BarryLuv(m): 7:26am On Jan 20, 2023
Good. They shld apply same policy to other areas like our refineries, DStv, agriculture etc. The aim will be to raise our status from a consumption country to a producing and exporting one by generating growth internally. If we can have this, plus good leaders, then the sky will be our limit.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by erniok(m): 7:28am On Jan 20, 2023
Adaorababy:

The CBN gov. obviously doesn't know his core job function and that is why our economy is in a mess.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Dshocker(m): 7:28am On Jan 20, 2023
Godwin Emefiele financial policies be like primary 2 student own.

That man has no business in the financial sector.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Keblast: 7:29am On Jan 20, 2023
I support his idea, Had it been that Nigeria bought paystack it would have helped somuch in this situation transacting international.
Even if master visa charges 0.30% on every transaction is still a lot to make from our population.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by erniok(m): 7:29am On Jan 20, 2023
Hopeba:
What's the scope of the CBN? Iam sure you don't even know... Is atm card not part of the banking business? What are the functions of the c.b.n? Anty go look bush
so debit/credit card is part of CBN core responsibility. No wonder sane minds are leaving this country in droves.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
erniok:

so debit/credit card is part of CBN core responsibility. No wonder sane minds are leaving this country in droves.
Go And make your research about the functions of the c.b.n before sounding foolish.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by erniok(m): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
ITbomb:
So if I get failed transaction now, where I dey go?

No tell me CBN office where police dog dey for gate

But the apex bank is not suppose to delve into retail banking components ie any services that relates with final customers directly, they are the banker's bank for a reason
The guy doesn't know his job. That's why his policies are wack. He wants to hug the spotlight.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Mexyz(m): 7:33am On Jan 20, 2023
Adaorababy:

As far as it's related to Banking or financial transactions, you should know it is within CBN scope.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by erniok(m): 7:33am On Jan 20, 2023
Hopeba:
Go And make your research about the functions of the c.b.n before sounding foolish.
You are obviously the foolish one here. You should make that research and not me. Because you read bank, you think they should function like the commercial banks.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 20, 2023
erniok:

The guy doesn't know his job. That's why his policies are wack. He wants to hug the spotlight.
you guys think you know more than this man...
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by erniok(m): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2023
Hopeba:
you guys think you know more than this man...
Oga read this and keep quiet. https://www.cbn.gov.ng/aboutcbn/Coremandate.asp
This is Nigeria where CBN gov can contest for the highest political job in the country.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 20, 2023
erniok:

You are obviously the foolish one here. You should make that research and not me. Because you read bank, you think they should function like the commercial banks.
Madam,,if he chooses to have an opinion on any banking issues it doesn't mean he's doing what's wrong... Do you think it easy to be a c.b.n governor? I too know is our problem in Nigeria.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by nedekid: 7:38am On Jan 20, 2023
meobizy:
Somebody should explain how this is different from the ATM card in my wallet.
The atm in your pocket is likely master or visa card. Foreign western owned companies. Charges goes to them to. While using them is good, it exposes you and other Nigerians to foreign meddling. Tomorrow, we disagree with the US and they sanction Nigeria, imagine overnight, your Master or visa card goes dead. Does not work at atms, banks, pos etc. It happened in Russia, Venezuela, Iran etc. Luckily Russia had planned ahead and had its Mir card.
The cbn one will be a localized Nigerian card, something similar to verve. Operating within Nigeria, with our local servers.
I think there is a silent movement by countries to beat the US monopoly in payment systems. Gradually, countries eg India, China, Russia, now Nigeria are setting up their payments infrastructure, when matured, they will then link them together immediately creating a rival to western payment systems..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Mexyz(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2023
ITbomb:

But the apex bank is not suppose to delve into retail banking components ie any services that relates with final customers directly, they are the banker's bank for a reason
You dey fear dog grin
I think any failed transaction will be resolved with your banker.
A good point you have raised though, hopefully they come out with a detailed explanations before issuing the card to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by erniok(m): 7:39am On Jan 20, 2023
Hopeba:
Madam,,if he chooses to have an opinion on any banking issues it doesn't mean he's doing what's wrong... Do you think it easy to be a c.b.n governor? I too know is our problem in Nigeria.
I too know is not the problem but i don't know A.K.A. ignornace is your problem.
FYI, I'm a he.
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by stevnwigw1: 7:46am On Jan 20, 2023
Link to apply
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by samsard(m): 7:57am On Jan 20, 2023
ITbomb:

grin
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by internetparrot: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2023
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by SodiumValproate: 7:59am On Jan 20, 2023
Righthussle:
This guy is always him the news.
I don't know why he is always him the news I swear grin
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by pipnator00(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2023
This is highly unprecedented. Why is the CBN leaving its function of being the banker's bank and venturing into commercial banking, which is the function of commercial banks?

Moreover, what happened to the e-Niara, was that touted as a payment system too? In the end all these are just a way to continue looting the country dry.

One day, one day, this country go just kpai and nothing will be left to loot!
Re: CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card by Ikem11(m): 8:15am On Jan 20, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:

Wrong explanation. Banks don't own master card and visa card ...they pay those companies

What cbn is saying is that they intend to issue their own Nigerian card which through transactions will be done.

Just like having dstv but Nigeria want to create their own cable network

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Things The Rich Do Every Day / Emeka Offor Foundation Donate Medical Equipments, Books To Hospitals And Schools / Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.