Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 33. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 33. (140 Views)

Daniel Olukoya Of MFM Unveils 33 Prophetic Declarations For 2020 / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 33. by PastorSomba(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 33.

1Corinthians 13:4-8 (KJV) "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

33. The Law Could Not Reveal the True Nature of God. Psalms 145:8-9 (KJV) The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
Another reason why the law was not revealed in the old testament was because the law could not reveal the true nature of God. God is Love. Love is longsuffering but the law constantly demanded instant judgement without mercy. God is merciful. The bible says God is good and His mercy endures forever. Mercy is the first action of love towards the one He loves. But the first action of the law was condemnation and judgement. Under the law the mercy of God did not endure forever but stopped at most the fourth generation. Love is gracious but the law contained no provision for grace except the grace of God due to God's sworn promise to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob which was before the law came.

All through the old testament it was God's remembrance of His covenant and gracious promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that always invoked the love of God, His mercy and His grace towards Israel. It was His sworn promises to Abraham that most times withheld His hand of judgement which the law demanded. But faith is not so, faith is a product of the love, mercy and grace of God. It is the love of God through His mercy that makes grace available for faith to receive all that it needs and wants freely. So faith being a product of the love, mercy and grace of God could not be revealed where these nature of God were not revealed or freely available.

Love is unconditional but the law was conditional. The law demanded conditional performance before there could be a blessing. But faith only demands believing in your heart and saying so with your mouth to receive God's blessings. God is a father. The law could not portray the nature of God as a father until Jesus came. The law portrayed God as God or Master and Israel as His servants. But the grace of Christ makes all believers sons of God. The Israelites under the law were the people of God but they were not born of God like the Church. The law portrayed God as the Almighty Creator, King, Ruler, Law Giver and Judge, who is far separated from this world. But under the grace of Christ, God is a Father who lives together with His children inside them, always with them and in them for constant eternal fellowship and relationship. In fact even in heaven now we are sitted at the right hand of the throne of God in Christ Jesus right in the presence of God. Grace be with you. Deuteronomy 6:5; John 1:12-13; 3:16; Romans 2:4; 5:5; Galatians 5:22-23; Exodus 15:26; 23:25-26; 1Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:17; 2Corinthians 8:9. 1John 3:1-2; 4:8; 1Corinthians 13:4-8; Ephesians 2:4-6;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Media Seminar To Hold In Ile Ife / Don't Reject God's Offer / Mythologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.