Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Top Ten Rappers Of All Time - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time (46159 Views)

Top Ten Rappers In Nigeria!!! / Bet Top Ten Rappers Of The 21st Century / Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by spikelord(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2006
I don't know what you are talking about Ladebi! Tell me those ones I listed are not rappers!
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Jackal(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2006
Top Ten rappers are,

Biggie Smalls
Tupac
Eminem
Nas
50 cent
Jay Z
Lauryn Hill
Method Man
Jadakiss
DMX.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by xxshawtyxx(f): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2006
TUPAC
BIGGIE
ICE CUBE
JA RULE
D GAME
JADAKISS
50 CENT
SNOOP D
EMINEM
FABOLOUS
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by JalistarIX(f): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2006
is not ur first ten favourite rappers but the first ten best rappers of all time.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by xxshawtyxx(f): 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2006
wateva grin
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Theryman(m): 1:05am On Mar 20, 2006
alright, my Top 10 is :

1)The notorious B.I.G
2)Tupac
3)Jay-Z
4)Eminem
5)Dr.dre
6)Kanye West
7)Snoop Dogg
coolNas
9)50cent
10)Cypress Hill

and my TOP 10 for albums:
1) Ready to die
2)Reasonable doubt
3)The Marshall Mathers' LP
4)2001
5)All eyez on me
6)Life after death
7)Doggystyle
coolCollege dropout
9)Get rich or die trying
10) The documentary (Game's a great rapper, too young on the scene to be in the top 10)

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Jackal(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2006
@ theryman,
I think i quite agree with ur taste.
Ready to Die album is flawless. I am still searching i-tunes music store so i can download the explicit version to my iPod. The Marshall Mathers LP too is awesome. It shld have been in ur top 3.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by dubz: 6:22am On Mar 28, 2006
k heres what i think is da top 10, n trust me i kno what im talkin bout

1. Biggie Smalls
2. Nas
3. 2pac
4. Jay-Z
5. Rakim
6. Talib Kweli
7. Common
8. Kanye West
9. Mos Def
10. Ice Cube

These are tru lyricists that actually have mad rap skill. This isnt my favorite list, jigga is ma fav, this is just the list of THE BEST.  Ja Rule is nowher near the level these mcs are at, he mite make top 30 if hes lucky, and 50 cent wow, he nowher the level even ja is at. 50 and G-unit are everything thats wrong with hihop 2day, not that ther songs are bad fer jammin in the club, but either they have zero lyrical skill or they just arnt trying, ther rhymes are sooo weak and predictable its terrible.  Mainstream beats, yes, rap skill, no. 50 doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the above listed, maybe he cud make top 100.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by wynnjr: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2006
aftermath and g-unit records thats the only place u gotta look for the best rappers
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by GREED(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2006
1.2Pac
2.Biggie
3.Jay-z
4.Nas
5.Big L(died before his talent was really seen)
6.Big pun
7.Dmx
8.Kanye West
9.Common
10. Hell Rell

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by reyes4eva(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2006
Ma TOP 10 Rappers are,

1. Biggie Smalls(
2. Tupac
3. Eminem
4. Nas
5. Jay-Z
6. 50 cent
7. Canibus
8. DMX
9. Big Pun
10 Jadakiss

My Best Rap Albums are,
1 Ready To Die
2 The Don Killuminati(The 7 Day Theory)
3 Marshal Mathers LP
4 I AM
5 Get Rich or Die Tryin'
6 Hard Knock Life(Vol II)
7 Its Dark And Hell Is Hot
8 College Drop-Out
9 The Chronic
10 Doggystyle

A true Rap-head should have at least 8 out of this 10.
These albums r dope.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by pPaAbBlLoO: 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2006
rtrdt wink cheesy grin angry cry cool[sup][/sup]
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by pPaAbBlLoO: 12:01am On Apr 08, 2006
NNNNNNNNNNoooooooooTTTTTTT evn ppl these r the 5 top rappers

1.big pun (smashed it)
2.big L
3.Tupac(kinda tied with big L)
4.B.I.G(kinda tied with tupac)
5.jay z (feel sorry for him)

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. g-unit
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by jayvinnie(m): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2006
Who are the top 10 rappers of all time? The answers to this question are almost guaranteed to stir up controversy, arguments and gnashing of teeth. i've compiled and ranked the artists who i feel rule as far as lyrical prowess, delivery and overall impact. Whether you hate this list or love it to death, hit me up in the good ol' forum and tell me about it.
1) 2Pac
With the exception of, perhaps, the following rapper, no one, living or dead, can begin to approach Tupac Shakur's level of craft. His sheer diversity of subject matter, good looks, charisma, volatile lyrics and passionate delivery made him a legend. His greatest hits were released in 1998.

2) Notorious B.I.G.
Wet vocals, illustrative lyrics and phat Puff Daddy-produced tracks made Notorious B.I.G. (aka Biggie Smalls) a force to be reckoned with. Despite his limited, violent and sometimes depresssing subject matter no one can top Biggie in terms of lyrical metaphors and ridiculously conversational freestyle ability.

3) Nas
This debut album was a classic and still years later, Nas is undeniably one of the best living rappers. This poetically gifted artist, at his best, is capable of crafting images that stay with you long after the CD has ended.

4) Talib Kweli
Although his solo debut was released a mere two years ago (2000), it was almost immediately recognized as a classic. Not only is he a spiritual, political and social griot -- he can spit like nobody's business.

5) Rakim (Eric B. & Rakim)
Sometimes referred to as the original gangsta rapper, Rakim displayed deadly cool, you-heard-me delivery and intelligent street smarts over phat jazzy beats. Tracks like "I Know You Got Soul," "I Ain't No Joke" and "Paid In Full" still inspire awe -- over fifteen years since they were recorded.

6) KRS One
Petty bickering and media induced crap aside, KRS-One is one of the greats. As part of Boogie Down Productions he cleaned the floor with many unfortunate MCs and helmed classic albums such as By All Means Necessary and Criminal Minded.

7) Q-Tip
Currently referring to himself as "Kamaal Tha Abstract", Q-Tip helped revolutionize hip-hop as one third of the phenomenal A Tribe Called Quest. Featuring Q-Tip's amazingly sexy voice, intelligent lyrics and bebop delivery, the group delivered two undeniable classic albums and set crossover precedents as headliners for Lollapalooza.

Chuck D
As part of the phenomenal Public Enemy, Chuck D, otherwise known as "The Voice Of Power," helped revolutionize hip-hop with his outspoken political/social views, booming vocals and highly articulate in-your-face delivery.

9) Busta Rhymes
While still a member of the acclaimed hip-hop crew Leaders Of The New School, Busta virtually knocked people over with his off-the-freakin'-hook guest spot on A Tribe Called Quest's classic "Scenario." Insane energy, rapid-fire delivery, a dark sense of humor and a solid string of hits ensures Busta's place in the rap panthenon.

10) Black Thought (The Roots)
Black Thought consistently delivers as a member of the Roots and as a solo artist (although it seems at this point, his solo album will never see the light of day). Poetic, intelligent lyrics, classic flow and subject matter covering a slew of different topics is, and has been, his trademark since the Roots' debut in 1995
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Wadosky(m): 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2006
The list goes like this

tupac

snoop

jayz

nas

biggie

the roots

5ocent

dr dre

styles p

methman

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Jduck: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2006
2PAC IS THE BEST
THEN Biggie
then Jayz
next afroman
After that 50 cent
eminem
snoop dogg
dr dre
and some other dudes but i cant think of them now
Holla at ya boi
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by amma(f): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2006
sha i think d top ten rappers are,(dese are not ranked according to criteria, jst generally):
2 pac
DMX
Jay-Z
Eminem
B.I.G
Lloyd
Rugged Man
Lil kim
Eve
Missy
and let's stop talking jand. come to Africa and see talent!!!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Oracle(m): 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2006
These are my best

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Jduck: 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2006
labedi you is alright you know how to ryme but work on ya flow a lil any 2 year old can ryme u still need some work check this m.c we in this battle im bought to win this fight you jus mad because what i had wit ya girl last night man she so fat it make you smotha remind me of what i did that same night wit ya motha,

got more too
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by mukina2: 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2006
2 pac
eminem
nas
dr dre
snoop
ggggg unit including 5o cent
jarule[s][/s]meant (ihate jarule(jayz
dmx
kanye west
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by GUNOT: 1:51am On Jul 11, 2006
TOP 10 RAPPERS OF ALL TIME,

1.TUPAC
2.BIGGIE
3.NAS
4.JAY Z
5.EMINEM
6.DR.DRE
7.SNOOP
8.DMX
9.THE GAME
10.JUELZ
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by RIPBigL: 1:28am On Jul 13, 2006
OK, some of you faggets dont know rap

1 JAY-Z dropped off!!! hes all comercial now-I HATE YOU
2 50cent??!! wtf since when did he have talent?? Bleep G G G G G G G G G G G G G UNIT
3 Ja Rule, lmao uve gotta be kiddin
4 Juelz, dont know but i dont think he makes top 10
5 TI sucks, he talks not raps, lyrics are horrible, cant stand him

heres the TRUE TOP 10 OF ALL TIMES

1. Tupac not my favorite, but gotta give him #1
2. Wu-Tang Clan heres the true masters of rap (protect yo neck, Method man, Deadly melody, C.R.E.A.M., and so much more)
3. Biggie
4. NAS
5. COMON MOBB DEEP (before he went g-unit, o yea Bleep G-UNIT and Bleep 50 cent)
6. Dr. Dre
7. Big L (RIP)
8. Talib Kweli
9. TRIBE CALLED QUEST <---this is the shit right here
10. Big Pun (RIP)

you wana know some good songs by some of these niggas, feel free to email me EmpirePb66@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by RIPBigL: 1:30am On Jul 13, 2006
SHIT HOW CAN I FORGET

DMX props on It's Dark and Hell Is Hot

and dont foget that cracker eminem- dont like him, but damn every1 has 2 admit hes good!!
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2006
how could LL Cool J not be on that list?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2006
LL was one of the starters of hip hop

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by dblock(m): 4:08am On Oct 01, 2006
good thing eazy e aint up there, he's the most over rated rapper in the history of organisms, the dude can't rap and niether can his son, About fiftey; he aint the greatest rapper but his music is the greatest produced by a rapsta

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Jduck13(m): 5:45am On Oct 01, 2006
2Pac
Biggie
Jay-Z
Eminem
Rakim
Snoop Dogg
Dr. Dre
G-Unit
Dmx
Method Man
Ludacris
Kanye west
T.I. ( U cant say he aint syk he always got hits)
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by kaydee(m): 12:06am On Oct 02, 2006
I can't believe some pple think names like Kanye,Ludacris,50cent,T.I,Ja Rule,Styles P and any newbie in the game today shud rank among Top 10 Rappers of all time. I think we need forums in our mother tongues where pple will understand betta. who be that Amma that's got Rugged on the list? Top 10 of all time iz da question,come up with somtin reasonable.
When i see any new rapper's name in the list i think that person is like those kids on Sound Sultan's new album's skit. Think before U post!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by mrmetoo(m): 12:50am On Oct 02, 2006
1 Biggie
2 Tupac
3 Jay-Z
4 Nas
5 Snoop
6 Eminem
7 Common
8 DMX
9 The Game
10 The Roots
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ItsMccoy: 9:31am On Oct 15, 2006
Are yall on crack
1. Tupac
2. 50 cent
3. Lil wayne
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by okolawon(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2006
rakim,nas,pac,biggy.U wanna listen to rap go listen to illmatic
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by fabiomallo: 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2006
lets face it. rael hiphop died after the demise of 2pac and biggie smallz. the only MC thjat has made small sense since then has been eminem and DMX.

the original list was okay except for the inclusion of busta

how bout Treach from Naughty by Nature? Methodman? and Snoop?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Searching - 2BABA ft. Bongos Ikwue (Video) / 'Bad Influence': Naira Marley New Song Got Nigerians Talking / Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.