Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,335 members, 7,853,506 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:00 PM

Gunmen Miss Catholic Priest, Abduct Catechist In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Miss Catholic Priest, Abduct Catechist In Kaduna (405 Views)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Catechist, 2 Others In Nasarawa (Graphic Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Catholic Church Catechist, 2 Others In Benue / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Catholic Catechist In Abuja, Injure Him (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Miss Catholic Priest, Abduct Catechist In Kaduna by GuruboiNaija: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2023
Unknown gunmen have kidnapped Mr Kefas Ishaya, the Catechist of St. Monica Catholic Church, Ikulu-Pari, in Chawai Chiefdom of Kauru Local Government, Kaduna State.

It was gathered that the gunmen abducted the Catechist when they could not get his boss, Rev Fr Joseph Shekari.

According to NAN, Shekari, who was not at his residence when the attack occurred, had travelled out of the village.

Chairman of Ikulu Zone of the parish, Mr Sunday Bage, told NAN that the abductors came “around 9.30 p.m. and dragged the Catechist to the bush.

”They took him with his phone. We have been calling the line, but it keeps ringing out.”

He said the gunmen shot sporadically, moving through the church, the school and the priest’s residence in search of the Rev Father.

Some residents of the area told NAN that the gunmen broke into the priest’s house through the fence.

”They used stones and bullets to break the main door of the house.

”This is devastating; it is a very sad situation. They dragged Catechist on the ground like a dog,” a visibly fear-stricken woman told NAN.

Source: https://mp3flaver.com/2023/01/20/gunmen-miss-catholic-priest-abduct-catechist-in-kaduna/

Re: Gunmen Miss Catholic Priest, Abduct Catechist In Kaduna by olayiwola4u(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2023
Hmmnn... So, Fathers are now the prime target of bandits.

I'm beginning to think this is a political move as this is becoming a norm before election.

Christians, if your leaders are being killed before election, you need to shine your eyes during election ooo... VOTE WISELY.

If they mean well for us, they won't kill to help us... Be WISE.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Miss Catholic Priest, Abduct Catechist In Kaduna by Allison012: 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2023
They are now attacking catholic church.
Re: Gunmen Miss Catholic Priest, Abduct Catechist In Kaduna by marlow1962(m): 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
I wn to say something, since I have been hearing how gunmen raids churches, killing worshipers too, we all know it’s bad. But I have not for one day, heard that gunmen raids mosques.

Like I don’t understand, is it because Christians have chosen not to be violent that’s why them are using them to catch cruise or that they love what is being done to them, like I don’t get it.

Am a Christian by faith, and my God knows I will take the life of any man that wants to become a threat to my life.

(1) (Reply)

Check This Out....our New Naira Note. / Colorado Motorcycle Accident Lawyer / Protests Rock France After Police Shot & Killed 17-yr-old Boy In Paris(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.