Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? (484 Views)

Microsoft Edge Could Get Color Themes Improvements, More Transparency / Apple Releases Ios 12.3.2 With Portrait Mode Improvements For Iphone 8 Plus / Major Features And Improvements In Joomla 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by semasir: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2023
Now that @seun is listening to the pleas of many and the interface is improving, what next?

So far:
- The topics on the homepage are differentiated by a visible line making it look more better;
- The address bar is now filled with the colour of the site and looks somehow better and modern;
- The compose message page as well has gotten a better interface

But for me, I'd like to know what you've notice and wish Seun can explain why some links are banned like my O'News Blog on the signature.

What's happening to the mods? Can there be topics updated on the front page late in the day usually from 10pm till 5am?
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by YoungCabal: 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2023
I created a nairaland alternative with dark mode recently and it had that horizontal line, no offence or brags but I believe Seun saw it and copied it.

Let's wait and see if he will implement other features from my version. Though I won't have time to run mine due to other things I want to do so, I created a thread on my profile placing it for sale.

It's good that he is listening and observing though
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by semasir: 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2023
Nice one. Messaged you on WhatsApp. Pls check
YoungCabal:
I created a nairaland alternative with dark mode recently and it had that horizontal line, no offence or brags but I believe Seun saw it and copied it.

Let's wait and see if he will implement other features from my version. Though I won't have time to run mine due to other things I want to do so, I created a thread on my profile placing it for sale.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by dealslip(f): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
YoungCabal:

I think you are too full of yourself. I just chatted you on Whatsapp for this same stuff you are trying to sell with suggestions for re modification but you are so cocky and rude. Some people are talented but their communication skills is zero. You fall into that category.
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by YoungCabal: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
dealslip:

I think you are too full of yourself. I just chatted you on Whatsapp for this same stuff you are trying to sell with suggestions for re modification but you are so cocky and rude. Some people are talented but their communication skills is zero. You fall into that category.
How about you post the full screenshots of our conversation to backup your claim ?

You are only emotional because I didn't entertain your trolling behaviour, I only have time for serious minded persons, I don't engage trolls
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by dealslip(f): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
YoungCabal:
How about you post the full screenshots of our conversation to backup your claim ?

You are only emotional because I didn't entertain your trolling behaviour, I only have time for serious minded persons, I don't engage trolls

There you go again, assuming everyone is a troll. I pray you get help. Your mindset needs a serious overhaul or maybe healing. It is so narrow and blocked by ego or maybe lack of experience or engaging peasants.

I was probably the most serious of any one that has inquired about your app. I only asked if it could be remodified to fit my Fintech concept. You told me to go find something else to do with my time and you don't have time for such things. How you are a programmer and blunt. Despite changing the price from the initial peanut offering of 10k to another miserly figure of 20k. Zero customer service, poor business approach. I hope you know there is a life outside of nairaland with bigger opportunities to collaborate. I had to just block you.
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by YoungCabal: 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
dealslip:

There you go again, assuming everyone is a troll. I pray you get help. Your mindset needs a serious overhaul or maybe healing. It is so narrow and blocked by ego or maybe lack of experience or engaging peasants.

I was probably the most serious of any one that has inquired about your app. I only asked if it could be remodified to fit my Fintech concept. You told me to go find something else to do with my time and you don't have time for such things. How you are a programmer and blunt. Despite changing the price from the initial peanut offering of 10k to another miserly figure of 20k. Zero customer service, poor business approach. I hope you know there is a life outside of nairaland with bigger opportunities to collaborate. I had to just block you.
One of the reasons I told you to look for something else to do with your time was because you said you wanted me to re-program the nairaland forum software I built into a community app for you, the next minute you said you wanted it to be a fintech app

How am I suppose to take that kind of response serious ? It's a sign of someone who is either a troll or doesn't know what he or she wants to start with.

Besides, did I at any point insult you ? No ! I only told you I wasn't going to engage you. You were the one who tried to emotionally blackmail me by saying I didn't know how to do business and all I replied you was ''I don't care'' just to cut off the conversation.
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by dealslip(f): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
YoungCabal:
One of the reasons I told you to look for something else to do with your time was because you said you wanted me to re-program the nairaland forum software I built into a community app for you, the next minute you said you wanted it to be a fintech app

How am I suppose to take that kind of response serious ? It's a sign of someone who is either a troll or doesn't know what he or she wants to start with.

Besides, did I at any point insult you ? No ! I only told you I wasn't going to engage you. You were the one who tried to emotionally blackmail me by saying I didn't know how to do business and all I replied you was ''I don't care'' just to cut off the conversation.

Maybe if you read my inquiry with an open mind, you won't have responded that way. I said I want to repurpose it for another concept though it will still have a community and you just told me to go find something else to do. You don't have time for such.

You just assume all sort of things. What do you mean by emotional blackmail? What is emotional about asking you if you did business like that? We had no prior argument. You just went off. I am blunt, I am a programmer bla bla.
Please learn some customers service.

Your response was shocking and that warranted my response. I asked you 'is that how you do business?' your response was very unprofessional.
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by YoungCabal: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
dealslip:

Maybe if you read my inquiry with an open mind, you won't have responded that way. I said I want to repurpose it for another concept though it will still have a community and you just told me to go find something else to do. You don't have time for such.

You just assume all sort of things. What do you mean by emotional blackmail? What is emotional about asking you if you did business like that? We had no prior argument. You just went off. I am blunt, I am a programmer bla bla.
Please learn some customers service.

Your response was shocking and that warranted my response. I asked you 'is that how you do business?' your response was very unprofessional.
Like I said earlier, your quick change from re-purposing the forum software from a community to a fintech app made me assume you were just trolling and needed to end the conversation as quickly as possible without any form of insults, I believe that is what any sane person would have done.

As for what I said about not being a business person, well, that's actually true. I don't really see myself doing the customer service thing, it's not my field, I believe there are highly trained people who are paid to do that, they have the empathy to be pushed around, I don't, once I sense someone is trying to troll around or exhibits the behaviour of a troll, I just cut them off immediately.
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by dealslip(f): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
YoungCabal:
Like I said earlier, your quick change from re-purposing the forum software from a community to a fintech app made me assume you were just trolling and needed to end the conversation as quickly as possible without any form of insults, I believe that is what any sane person would have done.

As for what I said about not being a business person, well, that's actually true. I don't really see myself doing the customer service thing, it's not my field, I believe there are highly trained people who are paid to do that, they have the empathy to be pushed around, I don't, once I sense someone is trying to troll around or exhibits the behaviour of a troll, I just cut them off immediately.

At what point did I quickly change my inquiry. I have attached our conversation. That's a decent conversation. No I can't or yes I can was all you had to respond to my inquiry.
Do you even know what a troll means? You keep using the word like you are certain I am a troll.
All I can discern is that you have never been in the corporate world. Anyway it's alright. I will look for other means. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by dealslip(f): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
YoungCabal:

At what point did I quickly change my inquiry. I have attached our conversation. That's a decent conversation. No I can't or yes I can was all you had to respond to my inquiry.

Do you even know what a troll means? You keep using the word like you are certain I am a troll. I put the definition so you choose your words carefully when speaking to someone you don't even know
A troll is a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

Well, all I can discern is that you have never been in the corporate world hence your response.

Anyway it's alright. I will look for other means. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Is UPGRADED. Are We Expecting More Improvements? by YoungCabal: 11:49am On Jan 23, 2023
dealslip:

Do you even know what a troll means? You keep using the word like you are certain I am a troll. I put the definition so you choose your words carefully when speaking to someone you don't even know
A troll is a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

Well, all I can discern is that you have never been in the corporate world hence your response.

Anyway it's alright. I will look for other means. Thanks
Noted !

Happy new week and have a great day !

(1) (Reply)

Please help me with advice on this idea. / Can Anyone Help / Liberty Reserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.