Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

If You Want To Get The Best Out Of Your Life, Pay Heed To This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Want To Get The Best Out Of Your Life, Pay Heed To This (227 Views)

Heed-africa Academic Mobility Scholarships 2019 – Apply / Do You Really Heed to Nairaland Forum Rules? / Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Get The Best Out Of Your Life, Pay Heed To This by Penwielder: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2023
This piece isn't for everyone; it's only for those who are serious about living their lives to the best of their potentials. Yes, it's only for those who are really intentional about leaving their footmarks in the sands of time. If you're among these serious-minded folks, you'll read to the end.

The subconscious is a very cardinal part of the human psyche that shouldn't be toyed it. The reason is: it influences virtually all your decisions and actions_and here's the catch_without you being aware of it. All the decisions you take in life as well as all the choices you make are by and large controlled by this uncanny part of our souls. It's practically the programming language that tells you what to do. The scary part of it all is that the thoughts and belief systems it holds are very unconscious to you; you're barely aware of them. Yet it is what controls you.

Thorough introspection and some life experiences are what reveal to you the beliefs buried in your subconscious. It's like a still water that appears to be clean, but when stirred, reveals the dirt settled in it. An example of a deadly philosophy that can be hidden in our subconscious is what I call the "Que Sera, Sera" ism. Whatever will be, will be.

Were you also flabbergasted like me by the Nigerian version of "The Odyssey"? Ola Rotimi's "The Gods are not to blame." 'This boy will kill his father and marry his mother.' Poor Odewale! Tried to run away from the evil destiny the diviner told him he was carrying. If he only knew he was fulfilling it.

The subject of destiny versus human determination is one that has lingered for so long, stupefied many philosophers and raised many unsolved debates. If you unconsciously believe that whatever will be, will be, then it's going to affect your view on life and determine the kind of decisions you take. It makes you believe that regardless of what you do or not, the destiny that has been decreed for you is going to be accomplished.

Can you now picture what such a mindset can do to a person? Let me mention some.

It engenders laziness. It literally makes you avoid anything that'll push you out of your comfort zone although that thing is very essential to you. Your subconscious is telling you, "Mister, whatever will be, will be. No go kill yourself."

It also fosters complacency. "Why, if God says it's mine, it's mine and nobody can stop it. And if it isn't mine, no matter what I do, I can never get it."

It inhibits creativity. It stops you from thinking. You're just sitting back waiting for what to be, to be.

It stops you from pushing yourself to go the extra mile. In short, it makes a weakling out of you.

It tells you the rich are simply lucky, and the poor rather unfortunate. It tells you to do only the easy things. It tells you there's no point reading, there's no point going for knowledge, there's no point building yourself. It makes you say with conviction, "this life I can't come and kill myself. Las las, na wetin God say I go be, I go be."

I'm not denying the fact that there's that uncanny juxtapositioning game that fate plays. But I believe in balance. Play your own part; pretend as though there's no such thing as fate. See yourself as the master of your own destiny.

Finally, I leave you with Sidney Sheldon's quote, "Life is like a novel; you don't know what's next till you keep turning the pages." Turning the pages is you playing your own part to the best of your ability.

If you find this helpful, let me know by hitting the like button and sharing your comments.
Till I write you again.
Yours truly,
J. Ebute(Penwielder)

Re: If You Want To Get The Best Out Of Your Life, Pay Heed To This by Penwielder: 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2023
To get more value, follow me on WhatsApp:

https:///Penwielder

And on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100045563449794

(1) (Reply)

Delta State College Of Health Technology Releases 2023/2024 Admission Form / Mckenna Darby / Transform Your Life With Inspiring Educational Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.