Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Will It Cost More To Ship My Boat Overseas? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Will It Cost More To Ship My Boat Overseas? (205 Views)

Clean Toks 2011 Toyota Camry Fresh From The Boat / I Want To Ship My Car From US To Nigeria / Buy And Ship Cars At Low Cost From Germany, USA & United Arab Emirate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will It Cost More To Ship My Boat Overseas? by LocalSEO: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2023
Will it Cost More to Ship My Boat Overseas?

If you want to transport a boat overseas, we can save you 10% or more on your shipping costs. We'll get a great deal for you if your boat can fit into a shipping container, and you can ship your boat to most overseas destinations in slightly over a week. If you own a yacht or a larger-sized boat, we'll find the most suitable option based on the size of your watercraft, where you're headed, and how quickly you need it shipped.

Boat transporters typically transport boats overseas in a cargo shipping container or using roll-on, roll-off (RoRo) transport. Larger-sized boats might need to be shipped overseas in a cradle, which can increase your shipping cost.

Containerized transport
Boat transporters offer containerized shipping on land and sea. A cargo shipping container is an excellent way to transport boats because it offers additional protection from the elements while in transit. Shipping containers are made from durable Corten steel, and your boat will be safe and secure for its entire journey.

Roll-on, Roll-off (RoRo) transport
We can also find a boat transporter that offers RoRo transport to nearby island destinations, including Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Shipping a boat on RoRo transport is highly affordable, but it's also the slowest option. It takes up to three weeks for the carrier to load up, but it's an excellent way for boat owners who call us early to get great rates!

Required documents
You'll need additional documentation to transport your boat overseas, and our boat transporters will help you complete all the necessary paperwork to ensure that your boat is picked up and delivered on schedule. You'll be responsible for paying port taxes at most destinations and will need the following documents and forms:
• Current Passport or Enhanced Driver’s License
• Copy of boat title or a letter from your lender if you’re still financing your boat
• Bill of lading (BOL) & transport documents
• Proof of Current Insurance
• Value-Added Tax (VAT) certificate

We recommend scheduling your overseas shipment 1-3 months before your trip to avoid any unnecessary delays.

Cross Country Boat Transport
There are over 125,000 lakes in the USA, and we don't blame you if you want to fish them all! We offer guaranteed low rates for cross country boat transportation and can deliver your boat to most destinations in North America in 3-8 days. We recommend scheduling cross-country shipping at least 2-4 weeks before your trip so you can get the lowest available rates.

Can I transport my firearms during boat shipping?
It's best to transport your firearms separately, but sometimes it's necessary to leave them on board while shipping a boat. Be sure to notify the boat transporter before you transport boat and follow the procedures below to safely store your guns while your boat or yacht is transported:
• Unload the guns and lock the action open.
• Put the guns in a locked, TSA-approved watertight case.
• Always store your ammunition separately in a locked watertight case.
• Stow both cases in a secure part of the boat.
What are the average rates for boat transportation?

Boat transporters typically charge between $1.63-$2.75 per mile to transport small boats and $2.75 to $3.75 per mile for larger-sized vessels. The per-mile cost to transport boat is usually lower for a longer trip, and you might pay more if you're transporting your boat during peak fishing season in the spring and summer. The following factors will also influence your shipping costs:
• Length and width of your boat
• Total Weight
• Transport distance
• Pick-up and delivery locations
• Time of year
• Delivery priority (standard shipping or expedited shipping)

You can get an estimate on our website or by speaking to our transportation experts at 1-800-677-1196.

How to properly measure your boat
Your expert boat transporter will need to know the size of your boat to give you an accurate estimate. If you don't have your boat's original owner's manual, you can measure your boat yourself. Begin measuring your boat at the tip of the bow and continue in a straight line directly to the stern. You won't need to include rudders, outboard motors, and other fittings and extensions in your measurements.

Get an Instant Transport Boat Services Estimate Today!
Most boat owners want to take their boat with them wherever they go, and We Will Transport It makes it possible to transport your boat across both sea and land. Visit our website for a free price quote for shipping a boat or yacht 24 hours a day, and dial 1-800-677-1196 to schedule your pick-up with an expert boat transporter today!

(1) (Reply)

Registered Lexus RX 330 2004 / Registered Lexus ES 350 2007 / New And Genuine Toyota Spare Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.