Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations (27884 Views)

Please I Need Help In Balancing These Equations / How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula / Please Help Solve This Quadratic Equations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by VeryWickedGoat: 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by bonnyhope: 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
I know how to solve them like this, you solved them by factoring right? I said the first one should be solved with Quadratic formula a.k.a, Almighty formula .... While the second should be solved with Completing the square method ....Thanks though.... Anytime I use those two methods to solve the questions respectively, I always end up with the wrong answer. I just want someone to solyit using those methods so that I can study their solutions and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Why not meet Jss3 students in your area

Instead of disturbing us here with basic arithmetic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by OfficialAPCNig: 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
I studied this in Secondary school and University and none of them is paying my bills.

I don't even know their real life applications. Keep finding X while your mate are finding money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by VinnyBaba: 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
Oya, let someone help the OP. smiley

Abi na Olodos full dis Nairaland? undecided
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by ugodson(m): 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
I know how to solve them like this, you solved them by factoring right? I said the first one should be solved with Quadratic formula a.k.a, Almighty formula .... While the second should be solved with Completing the square method ....Thanks though.... Anytime I use those two methods to solve the questions respectively, I always end up with the wrong answer. I just want someone to solyit using those methods so that I can study their solutions and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Una done dey speck in tounges abi? Please speck in English abeg
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by naijapikin2(m): 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
Why are you deliberately trying to make me remember my maths teacher Mr marcel offor?

I don't like math.. infact I almost hate it.

So whether it's quadratic formula.. or quranic recitation... Or quadrado of juventus o...

Next headline puh-lease shocked

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by ImmaculateJOE(m): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Kaa4(m): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Something quite serious on NL fro some time.

4 Likes

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Yingyanng: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Pls help out a stranger with any amount you can spare, I have lost any hope to feed my self and family, i am starving and recuperating from malaria, I am starving pls help. This is not a gimmick or scam. I have no other choice that is why I resulted to this. Standerd chartered 500 614 8637
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by tishbite42: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Naija get talent sha
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sweetTai(m): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ojoro Master, how can x be 2 and -4 as well.😂😂😂
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by seandurse(m): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
In every mathematics you're learning, just know how to count money
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by adontcare(f): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
Chimaobi302:
(1)

x²+2x-8=0
x²+4x-2x-8=0
x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0
(x-2)(x+4)=0
x=2 or x=-4
{x} = {2,-4}....

(2)
x²-3x-18=0
x²+3x-6x-18=0
x(x+3)-6(x+3)=0
(x+3)(x-6)=0
x= -3 or x=6
{ x } = {-3,6 }
wow
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Xrhymez: 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
Good day all, please really in need of cash to get some medicine... Please help a dying soul..please don't let deprivation take over...
Thanks....3106299778....First bank
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by osazsky(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
Chimaobi302:
(1)

x²+2x-8=0
x²+4x-2x-8=0
x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0
(x-2)(x+4)=0
x=2 or x=-4
{x} = {2,-4}....

(2)
x²-3x-18=0
x²+3x-6x-18=0
x(x+3)-6(x+3)=0
(x+3)(x-6)=0
x= -3 or x=6
{ x } = {-3,6 }
6 and -3....the first solution is wrong..thks
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Paracetamol01: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
I am busy else
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by osazsky(m): 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2023
The lvl of education now can be compared to none..i mastered this like 27 yrs ago while in jss1..spit

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Pio44: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2023
omo una still dey find X, una try ooo, me no idea self
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by 1zynnvn(m): 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

The second one has to be solved with completing the square method..

2 Likes

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2023
Download Advanced Calculator For Solving Any
Kind of Equation of Mathematical Problem.

[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details%3Fid%3Dall.in.one.calculator%26hl%3Den%26gl%3DUS%26referrer%3Dutm_source%253Dgoogle%2526utm_medium%253Dorganic%2526utm_term%253Ddownload%2Bscientific%2Bcalculator%2Bapk%26pcampaignid%3DAPPU_1_jMfLY_2PLuz_7_UPyv-OoAs&ved=2ahUKEwj9hY7twtj8AhXs_7sIHcq_A7Q4KBDyhAF6BAgBEAc&usg=AOvVaw19lNLZKhifU2L7R9q2sBia]Download:All in One Calculator[/url]

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Emmanuel909090: 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

I love quadratic equations with my life.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by missionmex(m): 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2023
author=christejames post=120243531]People wey get maths brain full ground ooo grin grin

Whenever I see numbers in combination of alphabets and it's terms mathematical question grin, my brain will just go numb and fall into deep slumper cheesy... Me and mathematics na two parallel lines.

Just the day before yesterday, my neighbor brought me her daughter's first term mathematical examination questions for JSS3 to solve (from a Federal Technical College o)... O mehn! I collected it, thinking it will be baby questions of 1 + 1 grin... I see alphabet and numbers my brain wan run comot for my head.

grin, I said to myself, a graduate will not embarrass his generation like this biko because I can't return the paper to her unattended to. Thank God grin, a part of my brain was still left in my 'okpo skull' cheesy then I remembered my younger brother is studying at FUTO, na so I snap the questions and sent to him to help me out ooo grin...

The guy with his friends I presumed solved the questions and sent me the snap shots cheesy, na so I copy everything and passed across to my neighbor ooo grin...

Although I told her it was my younger brother that helped me out, grin grin grin. She was glad! [/quote]
U will go far in life for being truthful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Juanmike(m): 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
I hate mathematical with passion on how I managed to get As in all of it should be studied at oxford.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Lukgaf(m): 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
You should join my session
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by abobote: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
christejames:
People wey get maths brain full ground ooo grin grin

Whenever I see numbers in combination of alphabets and it's terms mathematical question grin, my brain will just go numb and fall into deep slumper cheesy... Me and mathematics na two parallel lines.

Just the day before yesterday, my neighbor brought me her daughter's first term mathematical examination questions for JSS3 to solve (from a Federal Technical College o)... O mehn! I collected it, thinking it will be baby questions of 1 + 1 grin... I see alphabet and numbers my brain wan run comot for my head.

grin, I said to myself, a graduate will not embarrass his generation like this biko because I can't return the paper to her unattended to. Thank God grin, a part of my brain was still left in my 'okpo skull' cheesy then I remembered my younger brother is studying at FUTO, na so I snap the questions and sent to him to help me out ooo grin...

The guy with his friends I presumed solved the questions and sent me the snap shots cheesy, na so I copy everything and passed across to my neighbor ooo grin...

Although I told her it was my younger brother that helped me out, grin grin grin. She was glad!
I can't stop laughing, I like your sincerity though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by kolajoo(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:

To solve the equation 2x^2 + 2x - 8 = 0 using the quadratic method, we start by factoring out the common factor of 2 from the first two terms:
2(x^2 + x - 4) = 0

Next, we set each factor inside the parentheses equal to zero and solve for x:
x^2 + x - 4 = 0

(x-4)(x+1) = 0

x-4 = 0 or x+1 = 0

x = 4 or x = -1

So the solutions to the equation are x = 4 and x = -1
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by iwaeda: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:

There will always be two answers for each question, positive or negative, whatever formular you use. This is further mathematics, appolgy to Mr. Kryazick or what is that voluminous purple book again. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Ruthless70: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
Chimaobi302:
(1)

x²+2x-8=0
x²+4x-2x-8=0
x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0
(x-2)(x+4)=0
x=2 or x=-4
{x} = {2,-4}....

(2)
x²-3x-18=0
x²+3x-6x-18=0
x(x+3)-6(x+3)=0
(x+3)(x-6)=0
x= -3 or x=6
{ x } = {-3,6 }

How I wish!!!!

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Coldie(m): 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
The answer is 78
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by dohyn(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
I don't know what made me open the thread seeing that I no sabi maths.
Infact, I was the first person to drop further maths in my set back then. If I could drop maths gan gan during Waec, I wouldn't have hesitated.
Glad to see you got the answer on the 1st page and no be say only olodo like me full nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Professor Ransford Gyampo To Sue BBC Over 'Sex For Grades' Scandal / Ifeoma Bibiana Okoli: Blind Woman Bags PhD From The University Of Ibadan (Photo) / Saheed Oladele: How I Returned ₦118,000 To A Book Store In Ibadan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.