Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! (3870 Views)

Used 2000 Landrover Freelander For 700k / Clean Tokumbo 2004 Landrover Freelander For N2m / 2000 Landrover Discovery(lr2)=N1.3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
sorry sold!!! sold!!!! sold!!!!!

Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
please also note that this is a 16valve 4 cyl, so fuel economical and easy to maintain!
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2011
available
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2011
A/C fixed, gas refilled n working perfectly now. still available!
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by OmoOwens1: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2011
Pls send VIN to omo.owens@yahoo.co.uk or post here, want want to check out the year. moreover I have 1m cash, upon a satisfactory report from my auto-medic.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2011
pato405:

hi nairalanders,

here is a freelander. advertised earlier but reduced due to quick cash needed. please note. AC unit assembly not functional so you may need to fix 1. evry other part of the vehicle is in perfect condition. remote central lock, electric mirrors, brand new heavy duty batteries, good tires, all fabric seats with belt and in immaculate condition, manual transmission, BMW engine so no over heatin problems associated with freelanders. strong and reliable, just arrived Lagos , Nigeria. please email: info4patty@yahoo.com or call dr.dave 08032531436 or 07042374470.
Please N 1.2M nothin less!
thanks!

This Freelander is a 1,8L I4 16-valve K-series ROVER engine, so it is prone to overheating and head gasket / cylinder head failure. The only BMW unit was the 2,0 TD4 fitted from late 2001 - 2006.

We've had this conversation before - why then do you persist in being deceptive, and misleading potential buyers into believing your Freelander has BMW's excellent Common-Rail diesel engine?
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2011
Potential buyers, please be aware - this Landrover Freelander does NOT have a BMW engine, and the seller knows it. So his claims his SUV has a BMW engine are not posted out of ignorance, more like being deliberately deceptive.

See the original thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=742192.msg9166272#msg9166272

The phrase "Caveat Emptor" has never been more appropriate.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 06, 2011
This is also what Mr pato405 posted in a different thread:

pato405:

its d head gasket. common wit freelanders.

So, he can hardly feign ignorance of one of the most prolific flaws of the Rover K-series engines. His Freelander has the same 1,8L I4 Rover K-series, hence his attempt to pass it off as a BMW unit, forgetting the BMW engine is a diesel (TD4), and only fitted from the 2001 model year. His SUV is a 2000 model, and a petrol-engined one at that. cool
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by OmoOwens1: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2011
When Pato said a BMW engine, I took him as one of those that do not really know much about cars, so just make some noise, and sell it. I am interested in the ride, I didn't consider his statement anyway, I will try check it out myself- the reason is that most freelanders come in as RHD and they are converted to our LHD before they shade them, them promise you the car is ok, but my brother, I know much about dynamics, the car can never be ok. If this particular car is not converted I will have a price chat, if favorable, I pick it.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2011
^^^ This Freelander has been converted. It is a UK-specification model. If you follow the link to the original thread, you'll see where the conversion was mentioned.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by sexylogan(m): 1:54am On Oct 08, 2011
@Siena; your analysis is spot on. U beat me to it. I'm an avid fan of freelanders so i've bin taking my tym to find out which is the most trouble free and the ones wit bmw's td4 diesel engine are the obvious choice. It's too bad that this guy is tryin to pull a fast one and dump this lemon on sum unsuspecting nairalander. sad
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by lukkie(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2011
My neighbor just bought a 2000 Freelander with a V6 petrol engine. Does this also have overheating problems? He already told me that the thermometer permanently stays halfway. Is that a cause for concern?
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2012
@Sienna: save yourself the headache. get busy with something else. stop the campaign of calumny. the car has been sold months ago to someone related to me and is doing perfectly fine. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 4:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
Omo.Owens:

When Pato said a BMW engine, I took him as one of those that do not really know much about cars, so just make some noise, and sell it. I am interested in the ride, I didn't consider his statement anyway, I will try check it out myself- the reason is that most freelanders come in as RHD and they are converted to our LHD before they shade them, them promise you the car is ok, but my brother, I know much about dynamics, the car can never be ok. If this particular car is not converted I will have a price chat, if favorable, I pick it.

thanks man, you are more rational, anyway, as I type away these words I have happily sold the car, not to an unsuspecting client but to someone close to me, it's been over 6months and so far, no issues. I wonder why sienna often sound like he is in keen competition over trivial isssues with others. dude you live in the UK and one expects you to have a civil tongue on your head. you pontificate about issues on auto section. i have read a couple of your posts on nairaland albeit a nacent member of the forum. i do not doubt your proficiency in auto-mechnics. go check the date i posted a response on head gaskets, it was after you and I had a chat on the k-series engine, it became comprehensive to me that it's not the brand of rover with a BMW engine, hence I was able to articulate issues better on another guys post about the same issue and also concerning headgaskets. besides, I made it explicit in another related post that this car was converted in Doncaster, UK by MS/BOSS cars. wonder why you have decided to vilify me here. are we competing on anything? MR.Sienna, spare your salvo and also learn to caution others on this forum with respect as a moderator. angry angry angry angry angry

anyway, its already too late for all these.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& DRIVING G_R_E_A_T!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
pato405:

@Sienna: save yourself the headache. get busy with something else. stop the campaign of calumny. the car has been sold months ago to someone related to me and is doing perfectly fine.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My comments were not in order to prevent the sale of this vehicle. I am merely stating the truth. Being deceptive in order to clinch a deal is less than honourable, and this is my gripe. It's no headache to me letting potential buyers know a seller's giving them a snow job.

You stated "BMW engine so no over heatin problems associated with freelanders." And we both know that's a blatant lie, as BMW never supplied any petrol engines to Rover. The only BMW engine that was an option was the BMW 2,0 TDS Common Rail diesel.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2012
lukkie:

My neighbor just bought a 2000 Freelander with a V6 petrol engine. Does this also have overheating problems? He already told me that the thermometer permanently stays halfway. Is that a cause for concern?

All series 1 Landrover Freelander petrol-engined models are Rover K-Series engines. All prone to over-heating issues. The 1,8 I4 is a Rover K-Series, the 2,5 V6 is a Rover KV6. The KV6 was also fitted to the early Kia Sedona, which was plaged by the same Rover issues, till Kia built their own V6 for later models.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
Siena:

My comments were not in order to prevent the sale of this vehicle. I am merely stating the truth. Being deceptive in order to clinch a deal is less than honourable, and this is my gripe. It's no headache to me letting potential buyers know a seller's giving them a snow job.

You stated "BMW engine so no over heatin problems associated with freelanders." And we both know that's a blatant lie, as BMW never supplied any petrol engines to Rover. The only BMW engine that was an option was the BMW 2,0 TDS Common Rail diesel.

and you just think you are the ONLY-ONE who know's about this? NOBODY i repeat NOBODY will attempt buying any car in Nigeria without inspecting it at least with a mechanic. It's the first car I'm dealing with. I have read about overheating with Rovers and that the BMW version doesn't, out of naivete, I had thought this is one of such, however, after your clarifications, I learnt contrary to my misconception, it wasn't afterall. perhaps my only mistake was NOT editing the posst. but you are trying to cry blue murder here and blowing things out of proportion.

my guy, save your breadth and channel this energy of being a high faluting critic and an overweening pundit into something else. if you have been through all the nook and crannies of auto-mechnics, try something else rather wasting your precious time vilifying others. you could try building an AIRPLANE or better still a JET!. As a matter of fact I have read other post of yours where you consistently and brusquely tongue-lash and repudiate Nigerian technicians in the same line of business as you such as Udokpenyi and co.). take things easy and when you write, show some regard for others.

you know what you do, you get showers of praises at being an adroit and a shrewd auto-mechanic/engr, but your pride is eating you deep and it's so salient whenever you write.

guy abeg RELAX O!
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ A vehicle inspection will not reveal the engine has potential issues. An inspection can only assess the health of the engine at the time of inspection. It will not tell the potential buyer if it will suffer any major failure later on in life. This is why I say it's best to be as forthcoming as possible with regards to disclosure.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
Siena:

Potential buyers, please be aware - this Landrover Freelander does NOT have a BMW engine, and the seller knows it. So his claims his SUV has a BMW engine are not posted out of ignorance, more like being deliberately deceptive.

Siena:

^^^ This Freelander has been converted. It is a UK-specification model. If you follow the link to the original thread, you'll see where the conversion was mentioned.
Siena:

Siena:

Siena:

This is also what Mr pato405 posted in a different thread:

So, he can hardly feign ignorance of one of the most prolific flaws of the Rover K-series engines. His Freelander has the same 1,8L I4 Rover K-series, hence his attempt to pass it off as a BMW unit, forgetting the BMW engine is a diesel (TD4), and only fitted from the 2001 model year. His SUV is a 2000 model, and a petrol-engined one at that. cool

" Sienna: anyone reading this statement can tell from the tenor of your texts how uncouth your statements are. these words bear connotations of slander- it further shows how rude you can be on this forum. you din't bother verifying the dates we had a chat about Rover engines and which you made your points pellucid before coming over here to rant. I have made it clear to you, I'm NOT one desperate car seller on NL, perhaps you see me as one. If you had invented NL, I wonder how forum members will thrive. you have little or NO regard for others. Apparently, all comments from you so far have been geared towards painting me black here. but sorry dude, you can't!

I'm very comfortable and don't need proceeds from car sales to survive. I'm not a swindler and if anyone had bought it with problems , I would have gladly and peacefully made a refund of every penny. reading your statements/comments above only stirr up strife. however, I'm NOT surprised. I have read worse comments from you to others on this forum but I just wonder why they are never poised to pick up that gauntlet with you.

as a MOD on this section, one would expect you to handle issues like this with remarkable sense of diplomacy and sagacity but on the contrary, you see it as an availing opportunity to drag others into e-quagmire with mudslinging comments, slander and character defamation. on most post about conversion from RHD to LHD, you even go as far as tarnishing and trying to smear the reputation of others in the name of clarifying issues. clarificaion my foot!

i'm not saying you reserve no right to challenge posts you suspect to be misleading, but there are better ways to do so.

Please show respect for others who don't know as much as you do on this forum; particularly in auto-section- afterall, you can't come into my field of medicn and claim to know-all. in other words, no one has it all and No-one knows it all in any field. correct others with regard and respect. caution others to edit their posts if you find anything grey. angry angry angry

I'm busy right now & we go talk more later!
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
To whom it may concern, the phone numbers above, are NOT mine. my number - +447550239559. should you want a verbal confrontation, please be my guest.
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2012
Pato, I also get critics on my case, I just don't let it rile me. You need to develop a thicker hide online - we've never spoken before, so you can only glean the tone of my posts by your own perception. And that's allowed, I have no gripes with that.

I know nothing about medicine, that's your field, and nowhere have I claimed otherwise. When I see discrepancies with regards to automobile - mechanical, electrical etc I will question them. A lot of dealers don't like being told they've erred, regardless of how that discrepancies are pointed out. There are several I can pull up, but it'll be a long haul, there are that many.

If you feel I've insulted you, then accept my apologies. It's not my intention, my intention is to make certain potential buyers know what they're getting into. If there's one thing I can't abide with, it's misrepresentation. Our last altercation was months ago, when you first posted your advert. Prior to that, we had a falling out over your Peugeot 406 Coupe, and we later shook hands on that, and made up.  wink It was yourself that brought this old thread back to life, I'd forgotten it existed!

Anyway, it's all academic, and again, I apologise for ruffling your feathers. I'll try to use more emoticons in future, so my intentions are not misconstrued.   smiley
Re: 2000 Landrover Freelander For Sale! Reduced Price! by pato405(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
Siena:

Pato, I also get critics on my case, I just don't let it rile me. You need to develop a thicker hide online - we've never spoken before, so you can only glean the tone of my posts by your own perception. And that's allowed, I have no gripes with that.

I know nothing about medicine, that's your field, and nowhere have I claimed otherwise. When I see discrepancies with regards to automobile - mechanical, electrical etc I will question them. A lot of dealers don't like being told they've erred, regardless of how that discrepancies are pointed out. There are several I can pull up, but it'll be a long haul, there are that many.

If you feel I've insulted you, then accept my apologies. It's not my intention, my intention is to make certain potential buyers know what they're getting into. If there's one thing I can't abide with, it's misrepresentation. Our last altercation was months ago, when you first posted your advert. Prior to that, we had a falling out over your Peugeot 406 Coupe, and we later shook hands on that, and made up.  wink It was yourself that brought this old thread back to life, I'd forgotten it existed!

Anyway, it's all academic, and again, I apologise for ruffling your feathers. I'll try to use more emoticons in future, so my intentions are not misconstrued.   smiley

No probs bro. It's really an old buried post and It wasn't my intention either to dig it up. I had stumbled into it inadvertently. I have no scruples whatsoever about being riled or chided as the case may be, however, I resent being depicted as a con. it's an inglorious cloak, i refuse to wear!

you are absolutely correct about the tendencies of comments being misconstrued in a virtual media (as this). it's a widely acknowledged limitation due to the lack of visual cues. Smileys/emoticons are useful tools as you have rightly suggested.

i accept your appologies and please accept mine for also blowing hot here - I felt indignated by your caustic comments. I hadn't considered a different undertone to it.

Pls No hard feelings.

Cheers bro!

cool cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Quest: 2005 Model For Sale / Pimped Toks Toyota Rav 4 2008 Cheapest / 05 Ml350 Benz Used. 06 E350 4matic Benz Used. 05/06 Gx470 Lexus Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.