Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

A Gigantic Peaceful Music Concept In Lagos To Promote War Against Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Gigantic Peaceful Music Concept In Lagos To Promote War Against Corruption? (479 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / War Against BokoHaram: Rare Images Of Attacks And Soldiers Hunting Them. / Buhari Warns Family Members Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Gigantic Peaceful Music Concept In Lagos To Promote War Against Corruption? by Depilot(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
If we are not yet in a position to plan and execute a major protest against corrupt government in Nigeria, like the one that took place in Egypt or Libya, at least let us all come together to safe our country/ our people by putting together a peaceful gigantic music concept promoting war against corruption in Nigeria.
I think it will be a great opportunity for the voice of Nigerian youth and other ages to be heard.
WE CAN NOT CONTINUE TO SIT AND WATCH, AND EXPECT MIRACLE TO STRIKE. NIGERIANS MUST STAND TOGETHER AND TAKE CONTROL OF THE FUTURE OF THEIR COUNTRY.

During this peaceful music concert there will be poems of all kind written by Nigerians to promote war against corruption to be read by children (starting from ages 5 to 18)
There will be presentations of all major negative effects of corruption on investments, economic growth and general development in Nigeria
There will be names of present and past leaders to be called out (therefore, present or past leaders are not invited). The idea is to mold and promote the leaders of tomorrow.
There will be presentation of how much money stolen annually from our country since 1960.
There will be presentation of number of lives claimed annually by corruption in Nigeria
Concert will be aired on CNN, BBC and other major local stations.
Everybody (Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo etc) is invited. Come in peace, with love and let us recapture the lost future of our nation.

We must come to realize that suffering and extreme low standard of living in Nigeria doesn't discriminate against Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo; we are all in this mess together. Nigeria will be a better place if we all turn to the same page at the same time.
The main idea of this music concert event is for us to come together as one and reclaim our independence spirit to Rekindle Patriotism in youth and other ages to spur a better NIGERIA and a fruitful future .
All Nigerian music artists (young and old) will be invited to perform.
Tighter security systems will be emphasized during the planning of the event.

I think if Jonathan is sincere, patriotic and kind enough to approve this event, I see nothing stopping Fashola (Lagos state governor) from also giving an okay.
It will be one of the greatest things ever put together in Nigeria to promote patriotism and an effort to eradicate corruption.

What do you think about this idea?
How can you contribute to make this happen soon?
List any other ideas you may have to make this event a successful one?
Is there any obstacles that can stop this event from materializing?
Re: A Gigantic Peaceful Music Concept In Lagos To Promote War Against Corruption? by okadaman2: 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2011
Count me in.

If you need help, let us know who the planners are and what kind of help you need. I'll advice you add a bit of competition marketing twist to it. Let people vote on presentations, videos and other things on social media and promise the winners a stage on D-Day.

Also try to apply for civil society/NGO grants if you can. Or just appeal for partnership funding from the NBA, NMA and NLC, NUJ, ASUU and other labour groups, you don't need to pay too much for venue and logistics If you can sell the vision well. Just don't collect political money.

I wish you Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Donates N100m To Lagos Flood Victims (via Fashola) / Youth To Embark On Hunger Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal / If You Were The Key Head Figure In Your Country's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.