Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling (1099 Views)

He Wants To Exchange His US Dollar / How Nigeria Living Abroad Can Buy House In Nigeria Without Losing Their Money / Buy House Property In Wuse II, Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hello House,

I need some advice.

I just got a job in Poland and the work permit has been sent to me, as a software engineer I have dreamt of getting a second leg in a country in Europe and now this happened (a dream came through)

But then, the salary is small compared to what I am currently earning as a remote engineer.
Since it has always been my dream I have decided to give it a shot , get the PR and probably come back to Nigeria and now the thought of getting a house before leaving sets in. The total cash I have is 97m aside the investment in shares which is around 10m and also the pension worth 8m I don't have any other property even a car.

Therefore I have been in the lookout for a house in Lagos but those that meets my standard are between 50-60 million.

Please experts in the house, is it a smart decision to spend such amount of money in property at this point.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2023
Change your money to $$$ and make investment in USD.

Holding Naira is a liability.

Thank me later

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Change your money to $$$ and make investment in USD.

Holding Naira is a liability.

Thank me later

The money quotes above is largely in USD 92k USD the remaining in Naira.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Wawelexy(m): 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
Buy hectares of land and lease it out for farming for the numbers of year you will be in Poland....

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:

The money quotes above is largely in USD 92k USD the remaining in Naira.

Buy real estate in Dubai, US or Canada. Get a mortgage in any of those countries and build a portfolio.

90m Naira in Nigeria today will probably be 50m Naira next year December.
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=CoronaVirusRelo post=120258210]

Buy real estate in Dubai, US or Canada. Get a mortgage in any of those countries and build a portfolio.

90m Naira in Nigeria today will probably be 50m Naira next year December.

[/quotes]

Hmmmm, this make sense, how possible is it to invest in those countries from Nigeria without Visa.
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=codedcoder post=120258257][/quote]

Very easy. Connect with reputable mortgage banks and company’s and see if you can fulfill their requirements.

Please note, I stated “Reputable”
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Creamcrest(m): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
You should be a guest of the anti crime body efcc.

How did you get such an amount of money in this tough buhari economy?

And you still have the guts to come online to pepper broke people.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Very easy. Connect with reputable mortgage banks and company’s and see if you can fulfill their requirements.

Please note, I stated “Reputable”

Thanks for the information, can you recommend.
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:

Thanks for the information, can you recommend.

I am sorry. I don’t leave traces online. Do a little research. So many of them. Google can help out
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by ahiboilandgas: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:
Hello House,

I need some advice.

I just got a job in Poland and the work permit has been sent to me, as a software engineer I have dreamt of getting a second leg in a country in Europe and now this happened (a dream came through)

But then, the salary is small compared to what I am currently earning as a remote engineer.
Since it has always been my dream I have decided to give it a shot , get the PR and probably come back to Nigeria and now the thought of getting a house before leaving sets in. The total cash I have is 97m aside the investment in shares which is around 10m and also the pension worth 8m I don't have any other property even a car.

Therefore I have been in the lookout for a house in Lagos but those that meets my standard are between 50-60 million.

Please experts in the house, is it a smart decision to spend such amount of money in property at this point.
buy block of apartment ! So you collect rental income while not around and houses appreciate and keep a single apartment for yourself and used for Anb rent and would use it when you are in town.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
For someone with 97M cash, you talk too much.

For a software engineer...you actually are not smart.

So, you choose to come to naira land, a faceless forum populated by the good , the bad , the ugly , to announce yourself?

You mean ..at this age and level, you have no clue the things to do, such that you have to ask on here?

You don't have trusted fam? Or reasonable friends?

You can't think for yourself?

Dude.

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by mokset123: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:
Hello House,

I need some advice.

you could purchase a decent land in a good place with half or less for the quote given on choice properties that meet your taste. Then secure it by doing cofo, fence and install a gate.

After you migrate to work in Poland, you can start a building project, that way you would still have substantial amount with you when leaving for poland
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by gaby(m): 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:
Hello House,

I need some advice.

Save your cash in dollars and if possible invest it in the same Poland or anywhere else but Nigeria.

As it is right now, do you know that your account balance quoted above are mere figures?

Go to the bank and request to withdraw your funds na that time you go hear story say either the new currency no dey available or you can't withdraw the entire amount.

Until you are able to pull the cash out from the rotten Nigeria banking system and can touch, feel, and smell it, brother, it is still very audio.

Modified:

I just read you already have a major chunk of the cash in dollars, way to go.

No buy any house my brother. Na waste for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
topcatking:
For someone with 97M cash, you talk too much.

For a software engineer...you actually are not smart.

So, you choose to come to naira land, a faceless forum populated by the good , the bad , the ugly , to announce yourself?

You mean ..at this age and level, you have no clue the things to do, such that you have to ask on here?

You don't have trusted fam? Or reasonable friends?

You can't think for yourself?

Dude.

Thanks so much, I know you are smarter. Could you let me know why I shouldn't post here

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:

Thanks so much, I know you are smarter. Could you let me know why I shouldn't post here

Think about it.

You'll figure it out.
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
topcatking:

Think about it.

You'll figure it out.

If I could figure it out , I would not have posted it here and as you know I learned everyday. Please can you explain.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nice2023(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2023
Let me advice u.

First of all,sit down and do the math before buying any property.

If u buy a property for 60million and u get say 6million as rent every year. For me that is a useless investment.

If u invest in treasury bill or possibly an alternate investment that is more liquid than real estate and with similar amount of money that gives u say,10million naira per annum which would u do?

Remember,some people buy real estate for prestige and not for the real purpose of making money that is why,I doubt if I can advice u to put ur money into real estate,not because everyone is into it that makes good. Remember the cost of maintenance is also another factor to be considered when investing in real estate.

Advice:
Go and invest in liquid assets except u want a place u might live in whenever u come into the country any day.

Good luck to u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
Thank you 💖
Nice2023:
Let me advice u.

If u buy a property for 60million and u get say 6million as rent every year. For me that is a useless investment.

If u invest in treasury bill or possibly an alternate investment that is more liquid than real estate and with similar amount of money that gives u say,10million naira per annum which would u do?

Remember,some people buy real estate for prestige and not for the real purpose of making money that is why,I doubt if I can advice u to put ur money into real estate,not because everyone is into it that makes good. Remember the cost of maintenance is also another factor to be considered when investing in real estate.

Advice:
Go and invest in liquid assets except u want a place u might live in whenever u come into the country any day.

Good luck to u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nice2023(m): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:
Thank you 💖

U are welcome.
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by SavageResponse(m): 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nice2023:
Let me advice u.

Advice:

Good luck to u.

Mr man an investment of 60million in treasury bills will NEVER give an annual return of 10 million!

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by SavageResponse(m): 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:
Hello House,

I need some advice.

My advise to you is to buy a bock of 4 flats in a decent area in Lagos. Retain 1 flat for yourself and rent out the remaining 3.

The main purpose for buying the house should be for capital preservation and not necessarily for the rental income.

Forget about buying a house in Europe for now until you go over there and understand the system of how things work there

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nice2023(m): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
SavageResponse:

Mr man an investment of 60million in treasury bills will NEVER give an annual return of 10 million!

Mr reader,I gave an analysis using the key word "alternate investments"

Don't get it twisted Mr man.
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by SavageResponse(m): 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nice2023:

Mr reader,I gave an analysis using the key word "alternate investments"

Don't get it twisted Mr man.

Oh! You mean those Ponzi schemes masquerading as alternative investments because I'm very sure there is no legit company that can consistently pay annual returns of 16% in the current Nigeria economy grin

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by TopFxManager: 4:10am On Jan 22, 2023
codedcoder:
Hello House,

I need some advice.

You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-20%+ monthly profit on your savings/investment. Funds in a secured government licensed, audited, and regulated forex brokerage firm. You can monitor your savings/investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet-enabled device by logging into your trader/client’s cabinet. Deposits/withdrawals are 100% controlled by the investor (We only have access to trade your account through the PAMM trading platform and are not given access to withdraw). You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before saving/investing fully with us.

We are giving to the market back to back, and heaven will not fall. Even if heaven falls now, we will be happy that it was in our time that heaven came down. For more information visit the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 5:10am On Jan 22, 2023
Lols, I am not interested.
TopFxManager:
You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-20%+ monthly profit on your savings/investment. Funds in a secured government licensed, audited, and regulated forex brokerage firm. You can monitor your savings/investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet-enabled device by logging into your trader/client’s cabinet. Deposits/withdrawals are 100% controlled by the investor (We only have access to trade your account through the PAMM trading platform and are not given access to withdraw). You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before saving/investing fully with us.

We are giving to the market back to back, and heaven will not fall. Even if heaven falls now, we will be happy that it was in our time that heaven came down. For more information visit the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by mendoza9(m): 6:08am On Jan 22, 2023
WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER INVEST JUST ANYWHERE

Making smart, sustainable investments is the key to financial success.

To invest wisely, it is not enough to jump on the first opportunity that comes your way. Consider factors such as potential return, risk level, and timeline carefully. Make sure you diversify your investments to spread out the risk and avoid potential losses.

By taking these steps, you can set yourself up for financial success and achieve your goals.

You can live where ever you want to live but INVEST WHERE the NUMBERS make SENSE..

Lagos State Real Estate market has the Potential to grow and multiply your investment by over 200,000%

This LOCATION will make you WEALTHY in the shortest Possible time.

If 2023 is your year to make positive change, I encourage you to send a direct message so that we can help you acquire more wealth and become financially free

It’s 100% free for you, and I expect will be very helpful during these times.

To achieving your financial freedom,
Babatunde...
+2347039079656

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by Nice2023(m): 6:35am On Jan 22, 2023
SavageResponse:

Oh! You mean those Ponzi schemes masquerading as alternative investments because I'm very sure there is no legit company that can consistently pay annual returns of 16% in the current Nigeria economy grin

Be calming down.
I am very sure that u are still being spoon feed at home. Many of u here come to talk as experts in everything but can't dish out any reasonable advice.

Currently,branch has consistently pay 20% annual return on investment for over 4years without folding up, First ally mutual fund premium is at 16% for over 5months now yet they are waxing very strong and many more which only depends on ones appetite.

Personally,I used 24million to make about 27million last year,is that not over 100% in returns? People with ur kind of appetite always believe in the impossibilities of everything.

Change that and see your life take a fantastic turn around.

I give advice based what I do and know...not by what I heard.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by SavageResponse(m): 7:07am On Jan 22, 2023
Nice2023:

Be calming down.
I am very sure that u are still being spoon feed at home. Many of u here come to talk as experts in everything but can't dish out any reasonable advice.

Currently,branch has consistently pay 20% annual return on investment for over 4years without folding up, First ally mutual fund premium is at 16% for over 5months now yet they are waxing very strong and many more which only depends on ones appetite.

Personally,I used 24million to make about 27million last year,is that not over 100% in returns?
People with ur kind of appetite always believe in the impossibilities of everything.

Change that and see your life take a fantastic turn around.

I give advice based what I do and know...not by what I heard.

I'm sure you are the one who is spoonfeeding me at home grin

Any person who advises an individual to invest his life savings in an investment scheme with a track record of just 5 month is either very wicked, ignorant or both.

If you say you used 24million to make 27million in an investment scheme in 1 year then I hereby challenge you to mention the name of the company here!

People like me believe in applying prudence and sound judgement when making investment - If it sounds too good to be true then it should be avoided!

7 Likes

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by mendoza9(m): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2023
I have a better offer of 30% for anyone who is open to new informations.

Please drop your phone number or call me on
+2347039079656

Best Regards,
Babatunde
Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by codedcoder: 8:35am On Jan 22, 2023
Count me out of contacting you 🤠
mendoza9:
I have a better offer of 30% for anyone who is open to new informations.

Please drop your phone number or call me on
+2347039079656

Best Regards,
Babatunde

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Buy House Before Travelling by TopFxManager: 9:53am On Jan 22, 2023
codedcoder:
Lols, I am not interested.
what could be the reason? We just want to understand you from the angle that you are coming from.

You can try us with just the recommend minimum of $1,000. There is a recommended capital protection of 60%, leaving you risking just 40% of your investment portfolio, while we are doing everything possible to stay under 20% drawdown/drop in equity(currently under 16%).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Halliburton & Baker Hughes Reach Agreement To Combine In Stock&cash Transaction / ​PROFESSIONAL BASIC TRAINING IN PEST MANAGEMENT​/FUMIGATION. LAGOS,PHC AND ABUJA / For Sale !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.