Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too (3093 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode To Obi: Do Us All A Big Favour, Go And Never Come Back / What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? / This Man Too Wan Contest For President Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by LocalStandard1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
My grand father forth in the Nigerian civil war many years ago. He was a brutal and ardent defender in the war that he got shot on the upper chest, a venomous snake beat him, his finger still carries the scars and vibrates cos of his exploits till his death. He even has a nickname among his pairs in the military. He was so active that even after his injuries instead of retiring he was made a Military Police who was stationed to guard the higher ranking officials. He knew a lot about the personalities of Buhari, Gowon and the likes.

In just a single week Peter Obi has done what I have never seen a single politician in Nigeria do. When Peter Obi visited Kaduna State I taught, well he tried. And that was it. Then just like rumors I read he is visiting Southern Kaduna, exclusively. I thought "ah, just a fake news". Until he actually did visit!

See, I and many others made a woeful mistake of supporting Buhari in 2015 elections, mistakes we are still paying for even till today. So I watched as the years went by and I did my best to not repeat such folly.

Peter Obi's visit to Southern Kaduna is a historic one cos normally no one, I mean no one remembers us in Southern KD when they're out for political voyage and gains. Not the State, not the federal government, not even private institutions. But Peter Obi, an Igbo. I mean this is a classical case of history happening here guys!

And so my promise is this, decades ago my grandfather forth against the Igbos, today and as far as the future goes I will do my best to defend and lend my voice to these people. I used to have to clarify online and offline I am not Igbo, but now you too can call me an Igbo, or even an Ipob, or even an OSU.

Cos an Igbo man has done what no one else ever did. Not only was Peter Obi able to unite the Southern Kaduna people in one voice, but in one fell swoop he has united the Middle Belt, the South South and the South East in one loud and deafening new word....

"OBIDIENTS!!!"

Cos of this man Nigeria will never be the same again win or loose. Something has been birthed right in our eyes.

Let's make history together....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdbmplkNwHk

NOTE: We have never had issues with Igbos in the entire Middle Belt, I have never heard of communal clashes with them here, if you have ever been to KD, Plateau State, Taraba, Abuja, Adamawa and the likes you will testify. So that says a lot. So I go carry these people matter for head like gala, deal with it!!

EDITED: I forgot to add, my grandfather's name is also PETER by the way.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by peter0071(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
Peter Obi, the true unifier

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Digriz(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
But urchin's still believe that this man has what it takes to make Nigeria a better place.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by MrEverest(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
Peter Obi is a good man, very selfless and compassionate.

I just pray Nigeria does not miss this great opportunity of resetting itself and truly become a great nation.

Obi is the real unifier, Atiku is fake.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by LocalStandard1(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
peter0071:
Peter Obi, the true unifier
Peter Obi is the real meaning of that word, "unifier". Not a confused old self-serving polygamist. So you can say that again.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by peter0071(m): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
i salute you my man....
LocalStandard1:

Peter Obi is the real meaning of that word, "unifier". Not a confused old self-serving polygamist. So you can say that again.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Conner44: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2023
Op you are an OSU

Me too, I am an OSU

In fact, I am a very very GIANT OSU

my brothers are OSU

My sisters are OSU

My parents are OSU

My children are OSU

Anybody that wants the best for me and my family are OSU

I love all OSU with my heart because they are me and I am them

Vote Peter Obi so we can all hold hands together as one big OSU family as we paddle Nigeria to the shores of greatness kiss

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by LocalStandard1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
Conner44:
Op you are an OSU
Me too, I am an OSU
In fact, I am a very very GIANT OSU
my brothers are OSU
My sisters are OSU
My parents are OSU
My children are OSU
Anybody that wants the best for me and my family are OSU
I love all OSU with my heart because they are me and I am them
Vote Peter Obi so we can all hold hands together as one big OSU family as we paddle Nigeria to the shores of greatness kiss

Yes oh my guy, there's a fine ring to that word I can't have enough of it.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by ImDStar: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
Thank you for your insightful message, I believe Peter Obi won't disappoint us all.

Urchin, you can't be suffering and crying and yet, you have APC as your preferred candidate, please think deeply, something must be seriously wrong somewhere.

Don't sacrifice your life and that of your children and generation on the platter of fulfilling another man's longtime ambition.

Don't vote him simply because Omo WA ni, mi o kin se omale., That's the must foolish thing to do.

Are Buhari's people in kastina not suffering today?
Are the people in kastina not been kidnapped and killed today?

Please use your common sense, suffering no no your papa language oo.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by potent5(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
LocalStandard1:
My grand father forth in the Nigerian civil war many years ago. He was a brutal and ardent defender in the war that he got shot on the upper chest, a venomous snake beat him, his finger still carries the scars and vibrates cos of his exploits till his death. He even has a nickname among his pairs in the military. He was so active that even after his injuries instead of retiring he was made a Military Police who was stationed to guard the higher ranking officials. He knew a lot about the personalities of Buhari, Gowon and the likes.

In just a single week Peter Obi has done what I have never seen a single politician in Nigeria do. When Peter Obi visited Kaduna State I taught, well he tried. And that was it. Then just like rumors I read he is visiting Southern Kaduna, exclusively. I thought "ah, just a fake news". Until he actually did visit!

See, I and many others made a woeful mistake of supporting Buhari in 2015 elections, mistakes we are still paying for even till today. So I watched as the years went by and I did my best to not repeat such folly.

Peter Obi's visit to Southern Kaduna is a historic one cos normally no one, I mean no one remembers us in Southern KD when they're out for political voyage and gains. Not the State, not the federal government, not even private institutions. But Peter Obi, an Igbo. I mean this is a classical case of history happening here guys!

And so my promise is this, decades ago my grandfather forth against the Igbos, today and as far as the future goes I will do my best to defend and lend my voice to these people. I used to have to clarify online and offline I am not Igbo, but now you too can call me an Igbo, or even an Ipob, or even an OSU.

Cos an Igbo man has done what no one else ever did. Not only was Peter Obi able to unite the Southern Kaduna people in one voice, but in one fell swoop he has united the Middle Belt, the South South and the South East in one loud and deafening new word....

"OBIDIENTS!!!"

Cos of this man Nigeria will never be the same again win or loose. Something has been birthed right in our eyes.

NOTE: We have never had issues with Igbos in the entire Middle Belt, I have never heard of communal clashes with them here, if you have ever been to KD, Plateau State, Taraba, Abuja, Adamawa and the likes you will testify. So that says a lot. So I go carry these people matter for head like gala, deal with it!!

This is the way to go in this country. The unity of this country is not a thing of words, it is by ac.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by LocalStandard1(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
El'rufai said it can't be done, Obi did it twice in one week.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Emmanuella00(f): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
No doubt,he is the chosen one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by ScamHunter: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
Supporting Buhari in 2015 was a grave error on the part of many in the MB. I remember I told and argued with many from Benue and Southern Kaduna in 2014 that a Buhari presidency would be lethal to their peoples but they didn't heed. Nothing beats having a neutral who can stand against genocide and Jihad in the region.

A Tinubu or Atiku presidency would simply be a final nail in the coffin of northern minorities.

May Obi win and give the people a new lease of life.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by beejaay: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
LocalStandard1:

"OBIDIENTS!!!"

I learnt my lesson after 2011 election and even the one of 2007, I supported Buhari then and even voted for him right there in kastina cos I was in kastina at the time, I was blinded by religion and tribe but the election thought me a very big lesson "don't ever defend your oppressor and its not about them but about the nation" so I read and did my research and since then I have made sure I'm neutral when it comes to leadership position, I tried as much as possible to eliminate bias and primordial sentiment and I have been able to see well..

So you @op u are not alone.. I am a bona-fide yoruba man but today I join you to become OSU to, I shall wear that name with pride.. Henceforth the word OSU shall become a thing of pride..
We are the OSU of nigeria

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by LocalStandard1(m): 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
beejaay:

I learnt my lesson after 2011 election and even the one of 2007, I supported Buhari then and even voted for him right there in kastina cos I was in kastina at the time, I was blinded by religion and tribe but the election thought me a very big lesson "don't ever defend your oppressor and its not about them but about the nation" so I read and did my research and since then I have made sure I'm neutral when it comes to leadership position, I tried as much as possible to eliminate bias and primordial sentiment and I have been able to see well..

So you @op u are not alone.. I am a bona-fide yoruba man but today I join you to become OSU to, I shall wear that name with pride.. Henceforth the word OSU shall become a thing of pride..
We are the OSU of nigeria

You are right my guy, the brotherhood has gone beyond tribe and religion now.

If I can support Buhari, a Muslim Fulani, why not an Igbo, a fellow OSU?!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by yarimo(m): 11:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
LocalStandard1:

"OBIDIENTS!!!"

But you didn't tell us OBI defrauded Anambra state as governor for 8 years

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 22, 2023
Nice written piece man! Honestly, I shake my head in dissapointment when I scroll through the politics section and see people tagging Obi supporters as Igbos..

Las Las, they all will realize that, some of us supporting obi are doing it based on the fact that; he's the most competent amongst the other presidential aspirants. It has nothing to do with tribe or religion.

Myself, I'll be voting for the first time in my life and it's all because of Obi. I'll do my part in making him the president of this great country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 22, 2023
yarimo:

Some say tinubu is still defrauding Lagos till this day.

Do you even know how low you need to condition your brain, to be able to pick tinubu over Obi?
A man (Obi) who has never taken a dime from his state Govt after leaving office? A man who even refused taking salary as an ex-governor which he rightly deserves!

Have you even taken your time to read the allocation tinubu alloted to himself?
No wonder his son would wear a Richard miles not less than 100million and your type would clap and cheer him on..
No wonder Tinubu's daughter would go to the US and acquire a house property not less than 2million dollars and your type would cheer her on and call critics "haters"..

I see why the Greeks described your type as "Idiots" and "tribesmen"..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by kay1one(m): 12:30am On Jan 22, 2023
Wonderful post

2 Likes

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by kay1one(m): 12:30am On Jan 22, 2023
yarimo:

This one no just get shame 😂🤦

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by kk2027: 12:43am On Jan 22, 2023
Nigeria is about to be great again in our very own eyes🙏

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Holybaddo: 2:40am On Jan 22, 2023
Speaking from personal relationships with the igbos

The Igbos are good people
They are naturally caring than any other tribe i have seen
Although they are kinda brutal in business
If you don't know how to communicate with them

Note; If from PERSONAL experience

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Urchinpainer: 5:34am On Jan 22, 2023
What I can tell you authoritatively is that in Obi's government the average man will be safe, happy and better! The thieves will be safe, unhappy and not better!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by TimFisher2: 6:29am On Jan 22, 2023
Holybaddo:
Speaking from personal relationships with the igbos

The Igbos are good people
They are naturally caring than any other tribe i have seen
Although they are kinda brutal in business
If you don't know how to communicate with them

Note; If from PERSONAL experience

The brutal part got me grin grin grin

Where are you from?

We are lovable...we have spirit of helping hands to succeed. Go back to the business man tomorrow and explain your genuine predicament. You will see him giving you 80% of the money you used for purchase the other day.

That's an Igbo man for you. But we hate injustice and intimidation. We believe equity for all irrespective of where you come from

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Gadafii: 6:57am On Jan 22, 2023
The only people left in the sinking boats of Apc are urchins, and I know many will secretly abandon the sinking boat leaving emi low corn and his family member including Mc oluomo to drawn in it, buhari don abandon the ship since, notable and liberal yoruba leaders don abandon emi low corn, meanwhile emi low corn is still sleeping on a bike, he won’t understand what will hit him after 😂😂

I just want him to share enough money from the bullion van before he sunk finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Mikeman123(m): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2023
Thank you for your insightful piece.
I live in Anambra ( though I'm not from the state), Obi's impact still resonates among the people.
Obi will be a succour to all peoples of Nigeria if he wins.
Nigeria deserves better.Nigeria deserves Peter Obi!

3 Likes

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by SaiOba: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2023
This post made my morning.. Thanks so much to my fellow OSU brothers n sisters 😜

Nigerians Vote Wisely
Vote Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by codedguy1(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2023
Felixamos:

Some say tinubu is still defrauding Lagos till this day.

Do you even know how low you need to condition your brain, to be able to pick tinubu over Obi?
A man (Obi) who has never taken a dime from his state Govt after leaving office? A man who even refused taking salary as an ex-governor which he rightly deserves!

Have you even taken your time to read the allocation tinubu alloted to himself?
No wonder his son would wear a Richard miles not less than 100million and your type would clap and cheer him on..
No wonder Tinubu's daughter would go to the US and acquire a house property not less than 2million dollars and your type would cheer her on and call critics "haters"..

I see why the Greeks described your type as "Idiots" and "tribesmen"..

Very disgusting disgraceful imbeciles that are hell bent on remaining slaves.

I just tire.

2 Likes

Re: After Seeing Peter Obi Do This I Promise You Can Now Call Me An Igbo Man Too by Penguin2: 9:55am On Jan 22, 2023
LocalStandard1:

"OBIDIENTS!!!"

I like your last lines…

“Win or lose, something has been birthed.”

Nigeria will not remain the same .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Ranking Soldier Lambast Gov Sanwo - Olu For Arresting His Boy (pic,video) / Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? / List Of Africa's Sit-tight Leaders- Who Is The Next Person We Are Removing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.