Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Four Common Mistakes Business Owners Make - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Four Common Mistakes Business Owners Make (191 Views)

3 Common Mistakes People Make When Starting A Business / Four Common Mistakes To Prevent In Drupal Website / Four Common Financial Mistakes Most People In Nigeria Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Common Mistakes Business Owners Make by Holrange2(m): 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
~They sell to friends and family majorly

I have a friend that bakes, She is so good with this craft that i have always encouraged her to go more professional. I mean how would you be so good with your products and you still post on your personal WhatsApp status and facebook or instagram page.

As a small business owner that want improve sales and great brand awareness leveraging the cyberspace is your best bet, if you know how to do it well.

~ They Sell unbranded items majorly

There's the common phrase, you are addressed by your appearance. This quote goes for your product.
You have to make it enticing to the eyes to ascertain consumption.
Getting labels is getting more easy and cheap this days get to a print press or hire a graphic designer and get a renowned product.

~They under rate the power of Advertising

Catalyst helps in speeding up reaction rates, let’s bring it to a simpler term. When we add water to our garri we get a solution we can only drink this if what we wanted is the solid garri for swallow we all know we have to heat the water before adding the garri

~That’s what advertisement is to a Business, it’s a catalyst that speeds up and boost sales there are many forms of advert placement, none had beat the social media advertisement till date.

Facebook and google are the leading advertising platforms to showcase your product ( more on this in my next post)

~They sell cheaper to entice customers

Sometimes around 2019 I have a personal bike, it comes with responsibility like spare parts, lubricating oil among others. So being the inquisitive guy I asked around about the best oil in town (not the cheapest) I was told a particular brand so I started asking about other products the one that seems to amaze me was a particular brand (I won’t mention name) it’s the cheapest around that period

But it’s least preferred being the cheapest it’s looked at as inferior quality product.
Well I went for this product and my colleague used the preferred one.
Before pouring to the oil tank we poured in a digger container gave it to our mechanic to point out which is which. The rest is history
Don’t reduce your price it will bring customers but not regular customers and it comes with skepticism and questions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Looking For A Job, Look At My Skills May Be We Can Work Together / How To Get Your Husband To Have Sex With You Again / Group Berate Oil Marketers Over Lingering Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.