Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts (404 Views)

2 UNN Microbiology Students Raped In A Broad Day Light / Dog Tied Up And Gang Raped In South Africa (Photo) / Married Woman Gang Raped In Front Of Her Husband In Cross River State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by tellsblinks(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2023
A circular from NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY disregarded the news of 9 student being raped as false and Misleading

It also encourage journalist and media houses to stop falsifying information and should investigate properly.

It has come to the attention of the Management of Nnamdi Azikiwe University of the false information as published by a few national dailies and blogs wherein it was alleged that 9 students of the University were raped.

In as much as there have been some robbery incidents in the Ifite axis where most off-campus student lodges are domiciled, it is however untrue from our preliminary investigations that such level of rape incidence occurred. The news story which appears syndicated across these national dailies reeks of poor journalism.

The University Management recently had a meeting with officials from the state government and the Nigerian Police Force as part of efforts to provide maximum security in the student area..

Furthermore, the Management had also engaged the services of a private security agency to assist in fighting crime within the student area. While efforts are being intensified by relevant authorities, the University Management assures students of her commitment to a safe and conducive learning environment.

However, we urge journalists and bloggers to desist from publishing inaccurate information that seeks to cause undue tension and panic.
https://unizik.edu.ng/disclaimer-9-students-raped-in-unizik/

Re: Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by Kajaard: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2023
tellsblinks:
A circular from NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY disregarded the news of 9 student being raped as false and Misleading

It also encourage journalist and media houses to stop falsifying information and should investigate properly.

https://unizik.edu.ng/disclaimer-9-students-raped-in-unizik/

With the increase in fake news these days no one knows which stories to believe anymore undecided
Re: Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by Jashub: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2023
Kajaard:

With the increase in fake news these days no one knows which stories to believe anymore undecided
What makes you say it's fake news ? The pandemic in Nigeria was fake news yet all news media outlets kept reporting it as something real . So how do we separate fake from real in Nigeria? undecided

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by sweetlerica(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2023
Totally fake, I'm a student of unizik
The story is false
Re: Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by Smith414: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2023
Jashub:
What makes you say it's fake news ? undecided
Wetin the headline talk and why you still dey ask this question?? 🤔🤔
Re: Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by Kajaard: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2023
Jashub:
What makes you say it's fake news ? The pandemic in Nigeria was fake news yet all news media outlets kept reporting it as something real . So how do we separate fake from real in Nigeria? undecided

Lol, we are just saying the same thing cheesy

So who told you the pandemic was fake news? I am not refuting it but where did you read it? You see the hypocrisy of your statement?

Moreover I never said the post was fake, I was simply saying with the proliferation of too many fake news these days ( like your so called pandemic story) how do we separate the lies from the truth.

Comprehension bro, comprehension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by Jashub: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Kajaard:

Lol, we are just saying the same thing cheesy

So who told you the pandemic was fake news? I am not refuting it but where did you read it? You see the hypocrisy of your statement?

Moreover I never said the post was fake, I was simply saying with the proliferation of too many fake news these days ( like your so called pandemic story) how do we separate the lies from the truth.

Comprehension bro, comprehension.
The pandemic was fake . I say so because we didn't see the casualties and over hyping that the news media outlets were purporting.
Re: Disclaimer; 9 Students Raped In UNIZIK Are False! School Reacts by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
Damage control

(1) (Reply)

Check This Out....our New Naira Note. / Documentary Story Of A Bishop Turn K*ller / Pls I Need All The Help I Can Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.