Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer (1474 Views)

Intermediate - Senior C# Developer Needed / Experienced C# Developer Wanted / C# Developer Needed In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by cokeryusuf09(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
I need advice from a developer
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by Devdevdev(f): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
You need to understand #C before you move to .net framework..

Start from YouTube. Don't waste money and data on a Udemy course yet. Just download a short course on #C from YouTube and see if you like the language. If you don't, then no point learning further.

Besides, why did you choose to learn #C?
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SodiumValproate: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
C# is a shitty language limited to windows OS.
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by DriggityDre: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2023
SodiumValproate:
You go just open mouth waah

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SUPREMOTM: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

Since you want to learn it for web development, I'll suggest you follow the order below.

UPDATED COMMENT-----DECEMBER 2023-----

A--TO HAVE A SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF C# and.NET

-1-
From Udemy, get ULTIMATE C# MASTERCLASS FOR 2024 by Krystyna Slusarczyk (Recommended)

OR

-2-
From Udemy, get C# 10 | ULTIMATE GUIDE - BEGINNER TO ADVANCED | MASTER CLASS by Dr Harsha Vardhan

B--TO BECOME A BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER

If you want to become a Backend Developer (Developing scalable APIs for small to large businesses/corporate enterprises), you need to understand relational databases, how to create and manipulate relational databases and also how to create secure RESTful web services (API) that allow frontend developers, mobile application developers, desktop developers to access/manipulate data from the database through your API endpoints without knowing anything about the database.

After picking one of the options in A above, do the ones below sequentially.

-1- From Udemy, get "SQL Development with MS SQL Server Beginner to Master" by Dominic Tripodi
--- You will learn SQL (the common/general language for writing queries for relational databases), Transact-SQL (Microsoft's flavour/modification of the SQL language for SQL Server) and understand SQL Server (the relational database management system -RDBMS- from Microsoft) with lots of hands-on experience with Azure Data Studio (the modern cross-platform development tool for cloud and on-premises databases)

THEN

-2- From Udemy, get "LINQ TUTORIAL: MASTER THE KEY C# LIBRARY" by Krystyna Slusarczyk
LINQ is a library that helps you to manipulate collections/data from any kind of data source with a consistent C# syntax - the data source does not matter to you, you write the same C# code for them and LINQ will give the appropriate Query - (you will be able to manipulate data from any kind of database eg Oracle, MySql, SQLServer, SQLite etc, any kind of in-memory data structure like array, list, queue, stack, dictionary etc, any kind of text file like json, XML etc)

THEN

-3-From Udemy, get "Entity Framework Core - A Full Tour" by Trevoir Williams[b]

THEN

-4- [b]From Udemy, get "Build ASP.NET CORE WEB API - SCRATCH TO FINISH (.NET 7 API)" by Sameer Saini

In the course, you will use C#, LINQ, T-SQL, SQL Server, AutoMapper, Postman/Swagger, Entity Framework Core to develop RESTful API endpoints secured with JWT authentication; you will learn to implement Dependency Injection/ Inversion of Control, repository design pattern as well as Interface Segregation principle and some other software design principles/best practices in your projects.

THEN

-5- Gather your practice projects and create 1 or 2 relatable personal API projects, create gitHub repos for them, and APPLY for Intermediate/Mid-Senior level .Net Backend Engineer/Developer jobs in Corporate organisations (banks, telecomms, oil and gas, FMCG, IT/Tech companies just to give you an insight to the types of companies that use .Net/Java)

C--TO BECOME A FULL STACK .Net DEVELOPER

In addition to A and B above,

-1- You must learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript very well(add TypeScript/Angular to the mix if you have the time)

THEN

-2a- From Udemy, get "ASP.NET CORE MVC | BUILD A COMPLETE eCOMMERCE APP" by Ervis Trupja

OR

-2b- From Udemy, get "ASP.NET CORE 7 (.NET 7) | TRUE ULTIMATE GUIDE" by Dr Harsha Vardhan

THEN

-3- Create a couple of relatable MVC projects and apply for FULL STACK .Net jobs in corporate entities

STEP 1: Learn HTML and CSS well.

STEP 2: Learn the basics of C#, creating console applications only; your focus at this stage should be understanding the syntax (No WebForms, WPF, Xaml, MAUI, WinForm, UWP, UNITY, Razor, Blazor, MVC, WebAPI etc)

STEP 3: Learn Object Oriented Programming (OOP) with C#, creating console applications only; your focus should be understanding how to correctly create classes, interfaces, delegates and their members, understanding OOP principles (polymorphism, abstraction, encapsulation, composition, aggregation, inheritance etc) and how to apply them to your projects.

OOP is a way of thinking, so, it may be challenging for some time, but stick to it and it'll soon become natural to you.

OOP gives you the power to create applications with very high complexities with relative ease.

NOTE: You can't progress without understanding OOP, so, you have to learn it.

STEP 4: Learn LINQ and apply it to your console projects; this is a technology that is unique to .Net, it is used to query data from any source with the same C# syntax. You will be able to write consistently similar C# syntax to query data in XML files, JSON data, any type of database, in-memory data, arrays, dictionaries etc without needing to learn the individual query languages for the underlying data sources; it saves you a lot of time and the query it writes for the underlying database, for instance, will mostly be better than what you would have written yourself if you had to go and learn each of the query languages.

STEP 5: Learn T-SQL with SQL Server or MySql

STEP 6: Learn Entity Framework Core with Code-First Development: remember that your secondary school colleague who used to submit his exam papers 1 hour early and still outscore everyone else? You are now that guy; you focus mostly on your business logic, the database tables and queries will be created automatically as you run migrations and write LINQ; you don't need to write one line of SQL yourself; your C# code will create valid SQL queries for your database.

STEP 7: Learn ASP.Net Core MVC; this is where you will have to make use of all you have been learning from the beginning for full stack web development. You will learn how to use the MVC architectural pattern for the presentation layer of your application on ASP.Net Core framework.

NOTE: I deliberately skipped asking you to learn JavaScript at the beginning because I feel it's best for you to learn it after C#, then you can learn JavaScript with ease and spot its weirdness and aberrations for yourself; the team is continuously making it conformist though.

There's another language, Typescript, designed by the same software architect who designed C# for Microsoft; you will feel very much at home learning it after C# instead of JavaScript. Typescript is transpiled to JavaScript meaning it will change to the JavaScript that your browser understands.

If you still feel very excited about C# and want to explore further, you can create full stack web applications using C# for both your client side instead of JavaScript and server side with Blazor.

ALSO NOTE: Everything you learnt from steps 2-6 is requisite for cross-platform mobile development for Android and iOS devices as well as desktop applications for Windows and Mac (with .Net MAUI), Games development/Extended Reality Software Development i.e Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality (with Unity Game engine), IoT development, Web services and cloud-based services etc.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by cokeryusuf09(m): 4:21am On Jan 23, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

Since you want to learn it for web development, I'll suggest you follow the order below.

STEP 2: Learn the basics of C#, creating console applications only; your focus at this stage should be understanding the syntax (No WebForms, Xaml, MAUI, WinForm, UWP, UNITY, Razor, Blazor Web Assembly, MVC, WebAPI etc)

STEP 3: Learn Object Oriented Programming (OOP) with C#, creating console applications only; your focus should be understanding how to correctly create classes, interfaces, delegates and their members, understanding OOP principles (polymorphism, abstraction, encapsulation, composition, aggregation, inheritance etc) and how to apply them to your projects.

OOP is a way of thinking, so, it may be challenging for some time, but stick to it and it'll soon become natural to you.

OOP gives you the power to create applications with very high complexities with relative ease.

Your client or your employer will only tell you they want an application that does this and that; your knowledge of OOP will tell you how to convert the Business Requirements to valid code.

STEP 4: Learn LINQ and apply it to your console projects; this is a technology that is unique to .Net, it is used to query data from any source with the same C# syntax. You will be able to write consistently similar C# syntax to query data in XML files, JSON data, any type of database, in-memory data, arrays, dictionaries etc without needing to learn the individual query languages for the underlying data sources; it saves you a lot of time and the query it writes for the underlying database, for instance, will mostly be better than what you would have written yourself if you had to go and learn each of the query languages.

STEP 6: Learn Entity Framework Core with Code-First Development: remember that your secondary school colleague who used to submit his exam papers 1 hour early and still outscore everyone else? You are now that guy; you focus mostly on your business logic, the database tables and queries will be created automatically as you run migrations and write LINQ; you don't need to write one line of SQL yourself.

STEP 7: Learn ASP.Net Core MVC; this is where you will have to make use of all you have been learning from the beginning for full stack web development.

NOTE: I deliberately skipped JavaScript for you because it is not best for you to learn it before C#; after C#, you can learn JavaScript with ease and spot its weirdness and aberrations for yourself; the team is continuously making it conformist though.

There's another language, Typescript, designed by the same software architect who designed C# for Microsoft; you will feel very much at home learning it after C# instead of JavaScript. Typescript is transpiled to JavaScript meaning it will change to the JavaScript your browser understands.

If you still feel very excited about C# and want to explore further, you can write C# for your front end making use of Blazor Web Assembly; this means that you can write the frontend and server-side of your web application with C#.

ALSO NOTE: Everything you learnt from steps 2-6 is requisite for cross-platform mobile development for Android and iOS devices as well as desktop applications for Windows and Mac (with .Net MAUI), Games development/Virtual Reality Software Development (with Unity Game engine), IoT development, Web services and cloud-based services etc.
Which website can I learn what you have listed, I have finished the basic with w3school
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SodiumValproate: 5:14am On Jan 23, 2023
DriggityDre:

You go just open mouth waah
Truth hurts
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SUPREMOTM: 8:54am On Jan 24, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

Which website can I learn what you have listed, I have finished the basic with w3school

I mostly used books and Kudvenkat YouTube channel.

You can also learn from www.tutorialsteacher.com
Microsoft Learn: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/

You can't learn C# and .Net Core framework by passively reading from a website; there are lots of concepts and best practices to understand before you become a .Net developer: the entry barrier is high but the opportunities that come after learning too are boundless, so you need to write codes, jot down concepts and note their implementations while learning.

You need to install Visual Studio 2022, 2019 or 2017, SQL Server Management Studio with SQL Server on your system.

Your peers who choose to learn other easier-to-get-started-with technologies will certainly start developing fun applications earlier than you, but when you eventually understand the concepts that .Net forces you to understand, you will be developing applications that have complexities they cannot comprehend unless they learn those same concepts in their technologies of choice, which are not taught to beginners in those technologies.

If you drop your email address, I will send you about 5 books and you can start studying with anyone you understand better, but I'll advise you start with Kudvenkat's YouTube C# tutorials series.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by Alphabyte1: 11:09am On Jan 24, 2023
You can Google Microsoft learn .NET it is free.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by Alphabyte1: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2023
SodiumValproate:

C# is not limited to windows u can build iOS and Android apps using MAUI or xamarin and blazor components for web .

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by CodingSoft: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

As you want to learn C# for the web, best you start with ASP.Net Core 3.1 as this version and above can run on different platforms like Windows, macOS and Linux.
You can start by watching these video series on ASP.Net Core 3.1 by kudvenkat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgC2Q5-yDE&list=PL6n9fhu94yhVkdrusLaQsfERmL_Jh4XmU&index=1

To learn C# syntax here is another good video series with a console app by kudvenkat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmVym6L8dw&list=PLAC325451207E3105

Another place you can learn C# syntax: https://www.w3schools.com/cs/index.php

With C# you can create Web app, Windows app, Console app and more. The Console app will help you to learn the syntax for C#.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by CodingSoft: 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
SodiumValproate:

C# .Net Core 3.1 and above can run on different platforms like Windows, macOS and Linux. It's not shitty at all but one of the most powerful and popular language today used by large, medium as well as small organisations.
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by trytillmake(m): 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

STEP 2: Learn the basics of C#, creating console applications only; your focus at this stage should be understanding the syntax (No WebForms, Xaml, MAUI, WinForm, UWP, UNITY, Razor, Blazor Web Assembly, MVC, WebAPI etc)

Your client or your employer will only tell you they want an application that does this and that; your knowledge of OOP will tell you how to convert the Business Requirements to valid code.

STEP 6: Learn Entity Framework Core with Code-First Development: remember that your secondary school colleague who used to submit his exam papers 1 hour early and still outscore everyone else? You are now that guy; you focus mostly on your business logic, the database tables and queries will be created automatically as you run migrations and write LINQ; you don't need to write one line of SQL yourself.

STEP 7: Learn ASP.Net Core MVC; this is where you will have to make use of all you have been learning from the beginning for full stack web development.

NOTE: I deliberately skipped JavaScript for you because it is not best for you to learn it before C#; after C#, you can learn JavaScript with ease and spot its weirdness and aberrations for yourself; the team is continuously making it conformist though.

There's another language, Typescript, designed by the same software architect who designed C# for Microsoft; you will feel very much at home learning it after C# instead of JavaScript. Typescript is transpiled to JavaScript meaning it will change to the JavaScript that your browser understands.

If you still feel very excited about C# and want to explore further, you can write C# for your client side instead of JavaScript by making use of Blazor Web Assembly; this means that you can write the client side and the server side of your web application with C#.

ALSO NOTE: Everything you learnt from steps 2-6 is requisite for cross-platform mobile development for Android and iOS devices as well as desktop applications for Windows and Mac (with .Net MAUI), Games development/Virtual Reality Software Development (with Unity Game engine), IoT development, Web services and cloud-based services etc

Oga u wan kill person all this for person head, hahahha i dey joke o
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SUPREMOTM: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
trytillmake:

Oga u wan kill person all this for person head, hahahha i dey joke o

Everything here no reach wetin you dey do for just one session for higher institutions; yet you go study hard to pass dem even when you sef know say dem no dey useful for real life. Dis one na something wey go give you skills wey go change your life.

It just takes discipline and focus.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by cokeryusuf09(m): 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
CodingSoft:

As you want to learn C# for the web best you start with ASP.Net Core 3.1 as this version and above can run on different platforms like Windows, macOS and Linux.
You can start by watching these video series on ASP.Net Core 3.1 by kudvenkat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgC2Q5-yDE&list=PL6n9fhu94yhVkdrusLaQsfERmL_Jh4XmU&index=1

To learn C# syntax here is another good video series with a console app by kudvenkat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmVym6L8dw&list=PLAC325451207E3105

Another place you can learn C# syntax: https://www.w3schools.com/cs/index.php

With C# you can create Web app, Windows app, Console app and more. The Console app will help you to learn the syntax for C#.
I have finish w3school c# course
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by cokeryusuf09(m): 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
Devdevdev:
You need to understand #C before you move to .net framework..

Start from YouTube. Don't waste money and data on a Udemy course yet. Just download a short course on #C from YouTube and see if you like the language. If you don't, then no point learning further.

Besides, why did you choose to learn #C?
YouTube content for c# is not encouraging at all based on my research
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by cokeryusuf09(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

I mostly used books and Kudvenkat YouTube channel.

You can also learn from www.tutorialsteacher.com

You can't learn C# and .Net Core framework by passively reading from a website; there are lots of concepts and best practices to understand before you become a .Net developer: the entry barrier is high but the opportunities that come after learning too are boundless, so you need to write codes, jot down concepts and note their implementations while learning.

You need to install Visual Studio 2022 or 2019, SQL Server Management Studio with SQL Server on your system.

Your peers who choose to learn other easier-to-get-started-with technologies will certainly start developing fun applications earlier than you, but when you eventually understand the concepts that .Net forces you to understand, you will be developing applications that have complexities they cannot comprehend unless they learn those same concepts in their technologies of choice, which are not taught to beginners in those technologies.

If you drop your email address, I will send you about 5 books and you can start studying with anyone you understand better, but I'll advise you start with Kudvenkat's YouTube C# tutorials series.
I have Sent you a message
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by jbreezy: 3:23pm On Jan 25, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

Check kudvenkat on youtube. The best tutorial I’ve ever seen
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SUPREMOTM: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

I have responded, you may delete your mail address.
I recommend you study Farrell J. - Microsoft Visual Csharp 2010 An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming thoroughly.
It is the most beginner-friendly C#-centric book I have ever read.
Go through Kudvenkat's C# playlist on Youtube alongside this.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

Cokeryusuf09@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

I don't think that feature works; I get the message notification but my inbox is empty.
Are you currently working c# space?
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by Alphabyte1: 10:36am On Jan 29, 2023
To stay updated about the latest specifications it is recommended to use ASP.NETCORE documentations it will is informative about the latest features. If you are through with the basics you have to learn microservice and monolithic architecture

https://github.com/dotnet/AspNetCore.Docs/tree/main/aspnetcore
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by plantist: 7:16am On Feb 04, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

I have responded, you may delete your mail address.
I recommend you study Farrell J. - Microsoft Visual Csharp 2010 An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming thoroughly.
It is the most beginner-friendly C#-centric book I have ever read.
Go through Kudvenkat's C# playlist on Youtube alongside this.

Here is my email too to send those books: toyinabefe@yahoo.com

Thank you in anticipation of your kind response.
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by awesomeJ(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

nity Game engine[/b]), IoT development, Web services and cloud-based services etc.

Nice breakdown SUPREMOTM.

You also talked about .net having better opportunities than other easier to learn frameworks. Could you share more about the opportunities and pay obtainable with the skillset? How high in demand is it, and how could one take some of the available opportunities.

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SUPREMOTM: 1:59am On Apr 11, 2023
awesomeJ:

Nice breakdown SUPREMOTM.

You also talked about .net having better opportunities than other easier to learn frameworks. Could you share more about the opportunities and pay obtainable with the skillset? How high in demand is it, and how could one take some of the available opportunities.

Thanks.

This is not an apologia and the point is not a comparison between frameworks; you obviously did not get it. I wasn't making any persuasive argument on what's better as you are alluding to in the highlighted statement: Michael Phelps is not better than Usein Bolt, but I would gladly borrow to stake a bet on Phelps against Bolt in a swimming competition.

Just research what you want out of technology, compare the available tooling and opportunities (Google will help) and decide what's best for you; ultimately, it is your own time and efforts that get wasted or rewarded!
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by awesomeJ(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

This is not an apologia and the point is not a comparison between frameworks; you obviously did not get it. I wasn't making any persuasive argument on what's better as you are alluding to in the highlighted statement: Michael Phelps is not better than Usein Bolt, but I would gladly borrow to stake a bet on Phelps against Bolt in a swimming competition.

Just research what you want out of technology, compare the available tooling and opportunities (Google will help) and decide what's best for you; ultimately, it is your own time and efforts that get wasted or rewarded!

Oga, no need for the tone na.

Answer question or ignore,
Which one is "you obviously did not get it".

What are you feeling like now?
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by awesomeJ(m): 6:48am On Apr 11, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

You should wish it is your own time that gets wasted.

You're officially the most arrogant "person" I've quoted on nairaland ever- At least at among the most arrogant.
What kind of useless response!
And I thought you had sense.
It was my honest and hasty assumption that you actually had some sense. Obviously, I asserted wrongly or at least too quickly.
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SUPREMOTM: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2023
awesomeJ:

You should wish it is your own time that gets wasted.

You're officially the most arrogant "person" I've quoted on nairaland ever- At least at among the most arrogant.
What kind of useless response!
And I thought you had sense.
It was my honest and hasty assumption that you actually had some sense. Obviously, I asserted wrongly or at least too quickly.

I'm sorry, no offence intended!
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by SUPREMOTM: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

From Udemy, get ULTIMATE C# MASTERCLASS FOR 2023 by Krystyna Slusarczyk

OR

From Udemy, get C# 10 | ULTIMATE GUIDE - BEGINNER TO ADVANCED | MASTER CLASS by Dr Harsha Vardhan
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by Alphabyte2: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2023
Who is currently using blazor SSR on .NET 8?Blazor Server-Side Rendering (SSR) is a feature introduced in .NET 5.0 to .NET 8 for Blazor applications. SSR allows you to render Blazor components on the server and send the rendered HTML to the client, reducing the amount of JavaScript needed to be executed on the client side.
Re: How Do I Learn Web .net From C# Developer by Alphabyte2: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
By exploring this repository and working on its examples and projects, you can gain practical experience in various aspects of ASP.NET Core development.

https://github.com/dodyg/practical-aspnetcore

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Become A Good Web Programmer (esp If I Dont Have Aptech Bucks) / Are You Around Lekki,ikoyi, Victoria Island, Eti-Osa and Environment? / Virtual Top Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.