Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Is Your Existing Building Accessible? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Your Existing Building Accessible? (182 Views)

Land With An Existing Building For Sale At Lekki, Lagos. / The Impression Hub - A Fun & Accessible Coworking Space In Akoka / Five Advantages Of Developing Your Own Property Over Buying Existing Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Existing Building Accessible? by jasharon11(f): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2023
Accessible buildings are buildings that are fit to an acceptable degree for persons with any form of impairment. Is your building accessible?

Making a design accessible is a challenge in any design; digital or non-digital. Even websites have accessibility requirements such as alternate texts, font sizes, colours, etc. It's often easier to design believing that all users of our products don't have anything that affects them when using our designs.

I once wrote to you about a man who had gone for registration and was informed that he needed both eyes to complete his registration. That registration product did not obey the rules of universal design for a registration exercise that involved the public. If you haven't read it, do so here.

During my Master's degree, my final year project was to design a Performing Art Center with a focus on accessible buildings. I had to study the various requirements that when utilized effectively, will render a building fit and accessible for persons with any form of impairment. Note that universal designs are accessible designs.

ADA means American with Disabilities Act. It's an international standard document that provides guidelines for designing for accessibility. ADA requires all designers to provide equal access and opportunities to every user, irrespective of limitations.

Read more...https://mydesigngist.com/accessible-buildings-accessibility-checks/

(1) (Reply)

Nice And Lovely Shared Apartment For Rent At Sunny Villa Estate Badore Ajah / For Sale !!!! 2 Nos Of 3 Bedroom Flat All En-suite Level With Fish Ponds 13m / Fairmont Green & Smart Estate Development Update - Ibeju Lekki Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.