Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? (475 Views)

20ft Julius Berger Container With High End Interior Finishes. 800k At Abuja / Casavilla Estate, Magboro Behind Punch News Paper 10mins Drive From Berger Lagos / The Only Cheap Estate On The Mainland 12mins From Berger At Nasfat Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by edoman2016: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2023
Currently, it appears CCECC has overtaken Julius Berger as the biggest construction company in Nigeria. Huge contracts such as 4th mainland bridge, railway etc are awarded to CCECC by our government.

Between these two construction giants in Nigeria, Which one do u think is the best and why?
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by gfelo(m): 2:15pm On Jan 23, 2023
Julius berger is archaic company we need modernization like CCECC
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by crestedaguiyi: 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2023
i prefer Berger.

From the appearance of a company worker, you will know how organized and well run the company is.

compare their work sites, compare their operational base , compare their workers PPE quality, compare their staff bus, compare their equipment on work site .

I prefer berger

they create alternative route for road users so they can focus on the job without distraction

they water the area to reduce dust

they receive reasonable percentage before mobilization to avoid abandonment and bad name for them.

CCECC on the other hand is a joke.

go and see the rubbish they are doing from aba to port Harcourt for several years

2 Likes

Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by Omihanifa: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
i prefer Berger.

From the appearance of a company worker, you will know how organized and well run the company is.

compare their work sites, compare their operational base , compare their workers PPE quality, compare their staff bus, compare their equipment on work site .

I prefer berger

they create alternative route for road users so they can focus on the job without distraction

they receive reasonable percentage before mobilization to avoid abandonment and bad name for them.

go and see the rubbish they are doing from aba to port Harcourt for several years

You have said it all. There's no construction company in nigeria that can go head to head with julius berger.

Julius berger is so go that they have even diversified into furniture, glass, marbles, cashew processing, oil and gas, real estate, iron fabrication etc.

If you really want to know how good julius berger is just take a trip to abuja and see world class construction. Ordinary the thick of asphalt alone go burst your brain.

The only issue most state government and private sector have with them is cost of doing projects.
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by edoman2016: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
Omihanifa:

You have said it all. There's no construction company in nigeria that can go head to head with julius berger.
Really, maybe you forgot that all the billions of dollars railway projects nationwide are done by CCECC. The 4th mainland Bridge is just awarded to CCECC that costs 2.5 billions dollars. Lagos blue and red line rail is being constructed by CCECC. All this huge projects are multi billions dollars and majority is constructed by CCECC. They have quietly overtaken Julius Berger in my opinion.
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by 2special(m): 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
i prefer Berger.

I prefer berger

Julius Berger has been rehabilitating the Lagos-Ibadan expressway long bridge for years now
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
Berger of course!

Can you compare any CCECC with that of JB

The difference in quality and standards are visible.

The only reason Nigeria started patronizing China is because of cheaper and substandard construction.
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by F117nighthawk: 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2023
The 2 of them are not on same level by any standards, it's only when u are look for cheaper labor and model of construction u engaged CCECC, I am not saying here Julius berger seem to be the best, but as far Nigerian standard is, berger have an edge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by Omihanifa: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2023
edoman2016:
Really, maybe you forgot that all the billions of dollars railway projects nationwide are done by CCECC. The 4th mainland Bridge is just awarded to CCECC that costs 2.5 billions dollars. Lagos blue and red line rail is being constructed by CCECC. All this huge projects are multi billions dollars and majority is constructed by CCECC. They have quietly overtaken Julius Berger in my opinion.

Lol I dey laugh you. Abuja- kaduna-kano is being constructed by julius berger for almost 1 trillion naira.
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by edoman2016: 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2023
Omihanifa:

Lol I dey laugh you. Abuja- kaduna-kano is being constructed by julius berger for almost 1 trillion naira.
you are funny. The same Abuja-Kaduna-Kano rail that is awarded to CCECC

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/fg-ccecc-sign-875m-abuja-kaduna-rail-deal/amp/
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by Omihanifa: 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2023
edoman2016:
you are funny. The same Abuja-Kaduna-Kano rail that is awarded to CCECC

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/fg-ccecc-sign-875m-abuja-kaduna-rail-deal/amp/

You don't know what you are saying. I pass that road every week to maiduguri. Nah berger dey construct am. The CCECC you are seeing on that road is handling railway that leads to kano. Even the link you sent say it all.
Re: CCECC Vs Julius Berger, Who Is The Best? by jesmond3945: 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2023
edoman2016:
Currently, it appears CCECC has overtaken Julius Berger as the biggest construction company in Nigeria. Huge contracts such as 4th mainland bridge, railway etc are awarded to CCECC by our government.

Between these two construction giants in Nigeria, Which one do u think is the best and why?
because there is some incentives like countepart funding from chinese. The germans will not do that.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Flats Duplexes For Sale In Kubwa Abuja / Property For Sale At Old Ikoyi / Exquisitely Finished 6-bedroom Detached House For Quick Sale In Magodo Gra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.