Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Urgent!! Can I Use PREDNISOLONE Without Prescription? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urgent!! Can I Use PREDNISOLONE Without Prescription? (293 Views)

Menstrual Cramps Disturbing Me Badly. Please What Can I Use For It? / "Take 2 In The Morning Before You Wake Up": Check Out This Drug Prescription / I Need A Medical Prescription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent!! Can I Use PREDNISOLONE Without Prescription? by Adonis3: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2023
My partner has recurring chest ache due to asthma and a friend with similar condition recommended PREDNISOLONE (image inserted).

I’m concerned because of the caveat but I’d like to know how safe it is to use the drug without prescription as We can’t get immediate access to a medical practitioner.

Urgent please

Re: Urgent!! Can I Use PREDNISOLONE Without Prescription? by dawnomike(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2023
Adonis3:
My partner has recurring chest ache due to asthma and a friend with similar condition recommended PREDNISOLONE (image inserted).

I’m concerned because of the caveat but I’d like to know how safe it is to use the drug without prescription as We can’t get immediate access to a medical practitioner.

Urgent please
Well, it is not really harmful... But, it is always better to get doctor's prescription. But your partner and go ahead with it
Re: Urgent!! Can I Use PREDNISOLONE Without Prescription? by pandax: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2023
Adonis3:

Urgent please

I will seriously advice against using this particular drug without prescription as some of the side effects are irreversible, especially when used beyond 5 days.

Please consult a Pulmonologist (go to a teaching hospital) so you can be assessed and monitored whilst on the medication

If you must give the tablet, please do not exceed 5 days duration without consulting a doctor
- Avoiding loading yourself with carbohydrates whilst on the drug and be active
- Watch out for early side effects - blurred vision, elevated blood sugar, insomnia, restlessness & mood changes etc

(1) (Reply)

Too Much Of A Good Thing? The Dangers Of Daily Bathing / How To Get Rid Of Mucus In Throat Fast At Home / Bungling Doctor Mistakenly Amputates Patient's Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.