Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity (7518 Views)

Fresh recapitalisation: Bank CEOs, others In merger, acquisition talks / Femi Falana: Senate Has No Power To Summon President, Governors (2018) / Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by Owerriboi: 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
Central bank
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by xristos(m): 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
ok..summon...na ghost d em be?
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by FunkeAyorinde: 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
Politicians are taking all the new notes for next months vote buying. Banks should limit the withdrawable amount
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by gfelo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
this is long over due
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by CodeTemplar: 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Thomthom:
From fuel scarcity to Currency Scarcity nawaoo
...all preceded by sense scarcity in Abuja.
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by vic4real22: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ok o
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by boladale123: 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
The nonavailability of the new notes is on CBN.
All the banks ATM will not work untill the CBN supply them.
Even cash collection on the counter is a NO.
I know this because I dey the industry.
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Angelfrost:
I will keep saying it...

Banks are the ones creating this scarcity of new notes.

I suspect they are trading the new notes to elite politicians who intend to use them for votes buying.

The corruption in the banking sector will shock Tinubu, Atiku, Ganduje, and Jonathan! grin

A bank worker told me just yesterday that they don't have the new notes in her branch (their ATM still dispenses old notes)

UBA bank somewhere in Surulere... I begin who wonder who actually is saying the truth, CBN or the banks
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by fxexperts: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
polari:
Let them cry me a River.

The scarcity of the new Naira Notes is all part of the plan. So the criminals don't start storing them up in place of the new Naira Notes.

Guys please my appeal, please Deposit all your Old Nairaland note into your Account via the POS and pipe low for now until after the Deadline.

Let the enemies of this country bring out all the Notes they have stored up in their GP Tanks and Underground.

Guys make no mistake. This is the Buhari you Voted for in 2015.

Better late than Never
You can imagine how these ignorant guys are salivating at their own detriment. You think this will affect the politicians i pity for you. It is you poor folks who will feel the heat of this dead policies. my guess is Emefilelefe is clueless and useless.

Seun:
Please let journalists or the NASS ask the CBN how much money they have printed so far and how much they have distributed. Also, how much old notes they plan to withdraw and how much they have withdrawn. These are the basic facts that we need in order to ascertain the nation's readiness for the withdrawal of old naira notes at the end of this month. If we don't have these facts, we can't debate sensibly on the matter.
Wise comment, most Nigerians don't know what is about to heat them.
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by unclejb2(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
Seun:
Please let journalists or the NASS ask the CBN how much money they have printed so far and how much they have distributed. Also, how much old notes they plan to withdraw and how much they have withdrawn. These are the basic facts that we need in order to ascertain the nation's readiness for the withdrawal of old naira notes at the end of this month. If we don't have these facts, we can't debate sensibly on the matter.
there is nothing to debate about. The deadline for the old notes is sacrosanct and it's not going to change
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by fxexperts: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2023
vowiski:
Criminals…

The masses are not complaining 😂

Anything to stop the drug baron from nearing the entrance of Aso rock is a welcomed development.
So you dont mind sacrificing the economy of over 200 million people, just because you want to hurt one man. You want put over 200 million people in suffering just because of one man. you guys are kidding me. To begin with it is not the Job of Emefielefe to prevent election vote buying, dude has failed woefully in his assignment, he should not bite more than he can chew. he is the most incompetent CBN governor i have ever known. You cannot use the economy of over 200million people to play politics.
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by Berryking(m): 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
The commercial banks don’t have sufficient of the new notes. CBN is lying to the media. How can you give a full branch 3 million for a week.
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by maasoap(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
mannobi:
In all of these, Emefiele deserves straight slaps from every Nigerian for the nonsense he did

Well, some Nigerians are actually praising and clapping for him. They said that they are standing with him. That's because they are ignorant of this rash decision and consequences for every Nigerian.
They said that it is a decision targetted at politicians, most especially Tinubu. That he won't be able to buy votes next month grin grin grin. Which among the four major candidates won't try to buy votes?
But what they don't know is below from another thread here:
reliable source informing Daily Trust that only about N200billion of new Naira notes were produced to cater for a system with about N3.1trillion in circulation, thereby making the new notes inaccessible to residents.

This is even as many businesses have closed up and markets are operating at a reduced capacity as the deadline for the collection of old naira notes draws nearer.
“Even some shops inside the town are closing, which led us to buy a mudu of local rice at N2000, something that was normally sold at N1300. The consequences have already started,” he said.

He lamented that if the situation continues, many people, especially business owners will lose a lot, as people from villages have cash in their hands that are yet to be deposited.

“I know of people that come to these markets from Niger Republic, Kano, Jigawa, and other states. But today, (Sunday) they have not come. Imagine the millions we are going to lose today alone,” he said.

Umar Madu Bukar, a shop owner in Nguru LGA of the state said the fear of losing one’s capital forced many of them to issue the deadline, adding that he will stop collecting on Monday 30th January, 2023.

“Even this one I’m just taking risk, how can I deposit it within one day. The banks are congested and before you get your money deposited you have to spend the whole day there. So it is necessary and we have no option than to do that,” Bukar said.

Daily Trust equally gathered that residents are expressing fear as the situation has led to the price hike in almost all food stuffs.
https://www.nairaland.com/7538580/old-naira-notes-nigerians-fear#120328613
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by stallionng: 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
Methinks the banks may be "selling"the new naira note they have received from CBN from back doors to the politicians and fraudulent men who stockpiled their wharegiuses and homes with naira notes to beat the date while the banks in turn dishes out the old notes from the politicians back to the public.this way the politicians end up exchanging their I'll gothen money and restock in their wharegiuses.do you see a game here?? You can't beat Nigerians.
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by oluplus(m): 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
Angelfrost:
I will keep saying it...

Banks are the ones creating this scarcity of new notes.

I suspect they are trading the new notes to elite politicians who intend to use them for votes buying.

The corruption in the banking sector will shock Tinubu, Atiku, Ganduje, and Jonathan! grin

Not true.

CBN is the problem. They want us to go cashless and did not print enough money. Have you wondered why they have not sanctioned those banks?
All ATMs in my state are not working because CBN asked them not to load old notes. By this, banks are loosing revenues. They would rather load old notes that to allow their machines be empty.

They give limited amount on daily basis and ask bank to be coming everyday. This has cost implication on banks. They pay CIT company and the security men for each trip. CBN would have given them enough money needed if its available.

CBN is not truthful.
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by ayodele17893: 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
APC has no business with governance. These people don't know anything.APC has no business with governance. These people don't know anything....
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by okorogodwin4(m): 9:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
I love the way emefiel is pressing the neck of the urchins no more note to share on election day
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by being(m): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
What a clownish statement-This is d buhari u voted for.. Of course d buhari u voted for has been showing himself ever since with nepotism, indolence, dogmatism etc
Hw can u be so wicked at heart as to support a policy that seems to have 1 benefit but will cause a lot if crises in d economy?
Does it make sense to profer 1 solution and add 10 problems?
polari:
Let them cry me a River.

The scarcity of the new Naira Notes is all part of the plan. So the criminals don't start storing them up in place of the new Naira Notes.

Guys please my appeal, please Deposit all your Old Nairaland note into your Account via the POS and pipe low for now until after the Deadline.

Let the enemies of this country bring out all the Notes they have stored up in their GP Tanks and Underground.

Guys make no mistake. This is the Buhari you Voted for in 2015.

Better late than Never
Re: Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity by vowiski(m): 11:44am On Jan 25, 2023
fxexperts:
So you dont mind sacrificing the economy of over 200 million people, just because you want to hurt one man. You want put over 200 million people in suffering just because of one man. you guys are kidding me. To begin with it is not the Job of Emefielefe to prevent election vote buying, dude has failed woefully in his assignment, he should not bite more than he can chew. he is the most incompetent CBN governor i have ever known. You cannot use the economy of over 200million people to play politics.

If that one man gains access , not only Nigeria but Africa is doomed!

Sacrifice is a normal thing. We are ready to make that sacrifice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Administration Sabotages UNN Conference In Honor Of Achebe / Abia Lifts Embargo On Employment / Abia SDP Mobilizes Support For Buhari, Rejects Duke, Gana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.