Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 38. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 38. (91 Views)

Oyedepo Paid Graduate Pastors ₦38,000 Monthly — Sahara Reporters / Apostle Suleman's 38 Prophecies For 2021 / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 38. by PastorSomba(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 38.

Galatians 4:1-7 (KJV) "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

38. The bible says Jesus was born under the law in order to redeem those who were under the law. Which means Jesus was not under the law, but in order to redeem those who were under the law, He put Himself under the law by taking on flesh and blood, becoming sin, and also willingly subjecting Himself to death like a sinner according to the law or just to fulfill the law. The law demanded that the soul that sins shall die and that the only wages of sin is death. Jesus did this in order to set all men free from the bondage of slavery by the law to sin, so that we can all become no longer slaves but sons of God. Since we are no longer slaves, we are now sons and heirs of God through Christ. As the heirs of God in Christ we have also become the seed of Abraham and heirs fully entitled to the unconditional promises and blessings of God to Abraham otherwise called our inheritance in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:18 (KJV) "For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise." The law was not part of the promise of God to Abraham and his seed, therefore it was impossible to receive the promise of God to Abraham and his seed through the law. The promise being by inheritance it was impossible for the inheritance of the blessings of God in Christ Jesus to be received through the law. Also, since the promise was by inheritance, it can only be received by faith. The law being not of faith, it was also impossible to receive the promises and blessings of God in Christ Jesus through the law. The inheritance being by faith, was the reason why Jesus the seed of Abraham came with the gospel of faith. Before Jesus came no one preached faith nor demanded faith from people as a precondition to receiving the promises and the blessings of God.

Jesus as the seed of Abraham had to preach faith because that was the only means all the seed of Abraham including Christ Himself would receive the promise and blessings of God to Abraham. It is for this reason, Jesus intentionally avoided teaching the law or demanding anyone to keep the law or judging anyone according to the law. Jesus came by faith, preached faith, walked by faith, lived by faith and died by faith. And He was raised from the dead by the operation of the faith of God. If Jesus teaching and preaching were centred on the law, no one would have been healed or set free through His ministry. In fact there would have been no single miracle or manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit in His ministry. Under the law God overlooked unbeliefs from people like Manoah and his wife, Gideon, etc but because of the coming of faith God could not overlook the unbelief of Zacharias and the unbelief of people under the ministry of Jesus. Under the ministry of Jesus without faith it was impossible to receive anything from Him. Grace be with you. Romans 1:16-17; 3:23-26; 6:3-14,23; 2Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 2:6-18; 10:4-14; 11:6; Ezekiel 18:4; Galatians 3:6-29; Mark 5:34; 9:23; 10:52; 11:23-24; Colossians 2:12; Judges 6:11-40; 13:1-24; Luke 1:5-23;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/01/2023 / Completing The New Testament In A Year (day75) / Fundraising For Tolu Ilori Foundation Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.