Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting (28259 Views)

Chidi Mokeme's Sister And Cousin Are Dead (Photos) / Genevieve Nnaji, Chidi Mokeme And Hanks Anuku (Throwback Photo) / I Want To Quit Acting - Gideon Okeke Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Staywithbina: 6:54am On Jan 26, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
This life no just balance

A talented young man get incurable illness, my friend grand papa smoked for over 80 years still died at 103 without any sickness.

Problem is the food people eat,after meeting all this toxic things, people don't eat good natural food
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Bluesearoll(m): 6:54am On Jan 26, 2023
People are their own worst enemy,God bless you finish you go dey sell intimacy gadgets
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by 9jaBloke: 6:54am On Jan 26, 2023
angry
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Okhuadams(m): 6:57am On Jan 26, 2023
benjackugo:
Actor, Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Stop Acting

https://igberetvnews.com/1437597/actor-chidi-mokeme-says-suffered-bells-palsy-made-stop-acting/

at least thank God he is not begging for food
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by powerhouse3(m): 6:58am On Jan 26, 2023
... Doctor will sha find one name to give

But we ,wey know know..

But those wey slept with woman that's heavily involved in tradition will have a story to tell if it's goes haywire...

You even do it with EKPE initiate and ANANSA devotee...
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Moh247: 6:58am On Jan 26, 2023
My dad once had bells palsy... We all thought it was stroke until we got to the clinic and the doctor gave him a baloon to constantly blow as treatment ... A former IG of police also had it

Some sickness are just annoying, waste of money and complete joke

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by adecz: 6:59am On Jan 26, 2023
Old Sugar 💔mummies don suck his
destiny and good looks..😏

Nothing in life is free as nemesis
always watches.. 😏😏
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by modsfucker: 7:02am On Jan 26, 2023
lawsbanks:
Did your Doctor refer you to a Physiotherapist? If not, he has messed up. I could help you with one if you need

Forget physiotherapist, my friend has a similar issue, though his own is mild, he couldn't raise one eyebrow, and he's been going for physio for almost a year now, and nothing has changed.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by delzbaba(m): 7:03am On Jan 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

While that is true, some illnesses are genetic and only manifest at a later stage in life.
yes that is true also.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by modsfucker: 7:04am On Jan 26, 2023
rasazee:
Medications & physiotherapy sessions are needed to manage the facial paralysis. The thing do me back ln secondary sch. E no funny at all.

What medication were you given?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by dfrost: 7:10am On Jan 26, 2023
delzbaba:
One important thing I've learnt in life is that,what ever lifestyle you live in your twenties and early thirties will affect your general health much later in life, sure banker

Simple.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by sonofElElyon: 7:13am On Jan 26, 2023
He had it while still acting .. while talking in movies, the droop or contorted mouth was noticeable.. maybe it just got worse prompting him to leave Nollywood

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by webincomeplus(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2023
FireUpNow:
Bells palsy also affect the sufferer speech, there are some words that cannot be pronounced properly just like some alphabets. Chewing is also a problem too. An underlying condition can cause it especially diabetic leading to peripheral neuropathy. Though experts say there are some medication that can help to improve it. So sad to hear this, Chiro Mokeme and may God almighty the great healer perfect your healing. Chewing chew gum all the time will help in giving the facial muscles strength and recovery as well
It varies in degree from patient to patient, depending on which muscle groups are involved. If the muscles of speech aren't involved, speech remains normal, but facial drooping persists-- and that's a constant sign. Even the facial deformity varies in severity -- from just a slight drooping of the eyelids on the affected side to a complete deformity of the mouth and cheeks.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by densiks: 7:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Does this have anything to do with the unconfirmed rumors of tryst with some known old woman(women)

Reason why I advise young men to desist from engaging in amorous relationships with older women no matter the motives.

Good luck to him regardless but it should be a lesson for other young men.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by LeapsNbounds(m): 7:30am On Jan 26, 2023
kayo80:
Same thing, American rapper, Conway the Machine has...Conway got shot in the back of the head, that's what caused his.

And it’s crazy how they always diss him with that.
A particular rapper said “ rappers talking at the side of their mouth, I feel a kind way( Conway) must be a real hiphop head , I’m sure you know the bennny the butcher too

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Dshocker(m): 7:40am On Jan 26, 2023
lawsbanks:
Did your Doctor refer you to a Physiotherapist? If not, he has messed up. I could help you with one if you need

Brother rest in Jesus name
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by kayo80(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2023
LeapsNbounds:

And it’s crazy how they always diss him with that.
A particular rapper said “ rappers talking at the side of their mouth, I feel a kind way( Conway) must be a real hiphop head , I’m sure you know the bennny the butcher too

Yeah, and Westside Gunn...Griselda. I have a hip hop page on Instagram (@kaysrapzone)...I've been a hip hop head since the 90s.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by crafteck(m): 7:45am On Jan 26, 2023
Icyboy:
Make I drop quote: "You see this life ehn, if you give up, life no go send you. No matter the challenge wey you dey face, always keep your head up. Na why God give you brain. Use am. Anybody can be somebody"

Its sweet to say, pray not to meet real challenges, its when you believe what is ahead compared to struggling go continue is worth it, a lot of times, its not worth it, your idea of being sombody based on making more money or a name is minute compared to the struggle of some people, get off that high horse and look round you, people de suffer.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by LeapsNbounds(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2023
kayo80:

Yeah, and Westside Gunn...Griselda. I have a hip hop page on Instagram (@kaysrapzone)...I've been a hip hop head since the 90s.

The whole Griselda records artist are crazy mehn, look at fuego base too, and romestreetz maybe Rome is just affiliated though, can’t tell.

But there is this nigga called rj Payne , Another crazy ass monster , I think he’s independent , but he also run with this guys,

Ransom is another beast

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by drololaaof: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2023
benjackugo:
Actor, Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Stop Acting

https://igberetvnews.com/1437597/actor-chidi-mokeme-says-suffered-bells-palsy-made-stop-acting/

Sorry oh . You are one of the few to come out strait. The God of wonders will do wonderful things in your life. But you can act the condition in script like the late Dejo in yoruba film . There is no inability in disability.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by safarigirl(f): 7:51am On Jan 26, 2023
delzbaba:
One important thing I've learnt in life is that,what ever lifestyle you live in your twenties and early thirties will affect your general health much later in life, sure banker

LOL

Go and read up on genetics. You should know how genetics affect people, even more than lifestyle. Genetics is why somebody can eat like a thief and remain the same size, while another can eat the same and become obese.

A lot of illnesses are hereditary and if Nigerians bothered to check up on their family's health history, they would not think someone got cancer or something like this Bells palsy because they took one or two bottles of beer in their youth.

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by JBArokonkwo1(m): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2023
Newyorkitis:
May God grant him recovery by His grace.

All these type of strange illness.... God we dey your hand abeg.

Typical ignorant African.....what is strange about Bell's palsy...?

This is why una pastors dey use una head.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by okeke6969: 7:58am On Jan 26, 2023
If you watch him closely in all the movies he acted in, you will notice that his lips always shift to the right side of his face. I knew he will have some facial defect from the onset.
Also check out Zubby Michael, his lips shift to the right side whenever he speaks. He should watch it.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by PROPEACE: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2023
lawsbanks:
Bells palsy has no cure.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Amayabor1: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2023
webincomeplus:

It varies in degree from patient to patient, depending on which muscle groups are involved. If the muscles of speech aren't involved, speech remains normal, but facial drooping persists-- and that's a constant sign. Even the facial deformity varies in severity -- from just a slight drooping of the eyelids on the affected side to a complete deformity of the mouth and cheeks.

You are contradicting yourself. Even facial dropping can affect speech.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Injera(f): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2023
delzbaba:
THIS is what is affecting the great man Asiwaju, making him older than his age

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by samsard(m): 8:17am On Jan 26, 2023
delzbaba:
You people think every disease is a result of lifestyle?
Maybe you'll blame cancer patients & glaucoma patients for causing their condition with their 20s lifestyle. E never touch you and that's why you can act perfect instead of sympathetic

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by cedeki(m): 8:29am On Jan 26, 2023
I suffered from same illness in 2015, it took the grace of God and therapy to have my face back to normal, many could not completely recover from it without some form of major or minor facial deformity. Bell's palsy also known as facial nerves paralysis.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by lastchild: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2023
PropertyScout:
It is well.

I was surprised when I saw him on set for Shanty Town.

was his face affected by the sickness on that movie?
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Weedhustler: 8:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Icyboy:
Make I drop quote: "You see this life ehn, if you give up, life no go send you. No matter the challenge wey you dey face, always keep your head up. Na why God give you brain. Use am. Anybody can be somebody"

From ur experience I no say u don see wetin pass shege....las las who give up na he Bleep up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by webincomeplus(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Amayabor1:

You are contradicting yourself. Even facial dropping can affect speech.
There’s a difference between "can" and "will". As a doctor, I've seen very mild cases that don't affect speech. And yes, there was facial dropping in those cases.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Enemyofpeace: 8:45am On Jan 26, 2023
I talk am. Bad belle to plenty for the movie industry, that is why him get the sickness

Nobody is trekking for any aspirants this time around, las las our mumu don do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rick Ross Live Performance with Red Carpet Pics / Rita Edochie Atikulates, Supports Atiku And Peter Obi / D’banj Gives Lady An Unexpected Job Offer For Opening A Twitter Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.