Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Yahoo Ceo - Carol Bartz Fired! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yahoo Ceo - Carol Bartz Fired! (549 Views)

How To Submit Your Website/blog To Google, Bing & Yahoo / Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Gets A Million-dollar Bonus After Six Months On The Job / Is Formspring Ceo Ade Olonoh A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Ceo - Carol Bartz Fired! by Jomiliny(m): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
According to sources at the company, Yahoo’s Carol Bartz is no longer CEO of Yahoo. CFO Tim Morse has been named interim CEO.

The situation around the departure is unclear, but Bartz has had a very rocky tenure in her 30 months at the company.

[UPDATE: Yahoo confirmed the departure of Bartz, but gave no further details.]

Bartz also sent a stunning email to staff, saying she had been ousted:

To all,
I am very sad to tell you that I’ve just been fired over the phone by Yahoo’s Chairman of the Board. It has been my pleasure to work with all of you and I wish you only the best going forward.
Carol

Several sources said the board, specifically Chairman Roy Bostock and Co-founder and director Jerry Yang, seems to have acted today, informing Bartz of the need to make a change.

What the next steps will be are unclear, but Yahoo needs desperately to explore a range of changes to bring it back to its former glory.

Read full news here:

http:///?p=2964
Re: Yahoo Ceo - Carol Bartz Fired! by DualCore1: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
Yahoo still does enough businss online to stay in biz and pay staff? Lol.
Re: Yahoo Ceo - Carol Bartz Fired! by yawatide(f): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2011
1) Firing someone over the phone is very tacky and unprofessional. If this can happen to a CEO, then no one's job means anything anymore

2) According to the CNN piece I watched on this about an hour ago, yahoo has 600m users. Not bad at all, if you ask me.

3) Sadly, these days it's all about shareholder value so that even if you are profitable, if you don't add to the bottom line, you are at risk.

(1) (Reply)

Chat Logs Needed Urgently / Damage Hard Or Flash Drive,you Can Retrieve That File Back. / Problem Opening .mbp Extension Files.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.