Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,251 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 39. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 39. (93 Views)

Mbaka Says He Has 39 More Prophecies / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 39. by PastorSomba(m): 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 39.

Galatians 4:1-7 (KJV) "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

39. Because Jesus preached faith and by faith, it was only where the people were willing to hear His teaching or receive His teaching that He was able to do miracles and mighty works there. Faith only comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. For example see what happened in Nazareth His hometown where they rejected His teachings. The bible says Mark 6:1-6 (KJV) "And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching." We see a further description of this incidence in Luke 4:16-30.

Since the Abraham our father received the promise by faith it is only by faith that his seed can receive or partake of the same promise. Abraham did not receive the promise by the law or by keeping the law, so it is also impossible for anyone to receive the promise by the law. Hence the bible says Galatians 3:7-10 (KJV) "Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them."

If Christ had not died and paid the full penalty and demand of the law it would have been impossible for the promise of God to Abraham and his seed to be fulfilled. The curse of the law would have been a stumbling block. Till date the law is a stumbling block to many Jews. The bible says Galatians 3:13-14 (KJV) "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Till date the law is a stumbling block to many Jews and unbelievers. Just as the bible says 1Corinthians 1:23 (KJV) "But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;" Grace be with you. Matthew 6:30; 8:10,26; 9:2,29; 14:31; 15:28; 16:8; 17:14-20; 21:21; 1Corinthians 1:18-31; Romans 4:1-25; Galatians 4:1-7; Hebrews 4:1-11; 10:1-18; 11:1-40;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Telling It Like It Is / Are You "Called" Or "Driven"? / Daily Prophetic Blessings (episode 26)ps8:4-6-solution ENCOUNTERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.