Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? (812 Views)

Is This Why Modern Christian Can't Do Miracles As Apostle Paul And Peter Did? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by AmeLonRo(m): 12:52am On Jan 26, 2023
The question on some lips is that in the betrayal case of Peter and Judas, it seems God love Peter more than Judas? Peter betrayed Jesus and he was pardoned while Judas also betrayed Him and was never pardoned.

Lets look at the content to know what is happening or what happened.

Jesus came to the world with a purpose and a mission - to serve, to redeem by being the sacrifice to pay for our sins, and to establish the church through His apostles until His return. The church was then to go out and spread the Gospel. Each of the twelve disciples, hand-picked by Jesus, followed Him in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XkUonGbcWc
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:35am On Jan 26, 2023
Peter recovered easily because he wasn't a greedy person, he betrayed Jesus just like all others who ran away and left Jesus behind out of fear but Judas sold Jesus for money! 1Timothy 6:6-10 embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by otipoju(m): 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
Denial and betrayal is not the same.

Peter denied Jesus in order to save his own life in a dangerous situation. He did not put Jesus in harm's way. He instinctively preserved his own life.

Judas took well planned active steps to put Jesus his master in harms way and profited financially for it.

That is betrayal.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by herlecks(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
Judas did not give himself the opportunity to start afresh but killed a person.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by AmeLonRo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Judas killed himself you mean to write sir?

herlecks:
Judas did not give himself the opportunity to start afresh but killed a person.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by AmeLonRo(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Both are betrayals, sir, abi?

otipoju:
Denial and betrayal is not the same.

Peter denied Jesus in order to save his own life in a dangerous situation. He did not put Jesus in harm's way. He instinctively preserved his own life.

Judas took well planned active steps to put Jesus his master in harms way and profited financially for it.

That is betrayal.

1 Like

Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by otipoju(m): 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
AmeLonRo:
Both are betrayals, sir, abi?

No. Peter did not betray Jesus. He lied to save his own life in the midst of those who could kill him.

Judas betrayed Jesus...by collecting money in exchange for bringing those who sought to kill Jesus to their private hangout.

Two different things entirely.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by sonmvayina(m): 9:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
Wetin concern agbero with over load..?
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:51am On Jan 28, 2023
AmeLonRo:
The my mi question on some lips is that in the betrayal case of Peter and Judas, it seems God love Peter more than Judas? Peter betrayed Jesus and he was pardoned while Judas also betrayed Him and was never pardoned.

Lets look at the content to know what is happening or what happened...

Judas Sold God!

God o. The Same One Who Spoke to Moses on the mountain and scattered Egypt!

The idiot did not fear inspite of all he saw and heard.

And then the idiot chose silver instead of God! Ah oti dabaru pata pata!

Peter's sin did not reach this one.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:52am On Jan 28, 2023
otipoju:

No. Peter did not betray Jesus. He lied to save his own life in the midst of those who could kill him.

Judas betrayed Jesus...by collecting money in exchange for bringing those who sought to kill Jesus to their private hangout.

Two different things entirely.

They are both betrayals. Denial is also a type of betrayal however in this case both do not have the same weight

Judas's own was greater and as you rightly said Peter was not intentionally seeking to harm The Lord but was only trying to preserve his own life.

But Judas intended to harm The Lord and he even thought that The Lord, The Lord Who went about doing only good, was not innocent. (Making False Axcusation against God)

If I draft up his crimes, it would reach up to 10 counts with each one carrying death penalty.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by otipoju(m): 6:48am On Jan 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

They are both betrayals. Denial is also a type of betrayal however in this case both do not have the same weight

Judas's own was greater and as you rightly said Peter was not intentionally seeking to harm The Lord but was only trying to preserve his own life.

But Judas intended to harm The Lord and he even thought that The Lord, The Lord Who went about doing only good, was not innocent. (Making False Axcusation against God)

If I draft up his crimes, it would reach up to 10 counts with each one carrying death penalty.

Betrayal is the sense of being harmed by the intentional actions or omissions of a trusted person. The most common forms of betrayal are harmful disclosures of confidential information, disloyalty, infidelity, dishonesty. They can be traumatic and cause considerable distress. The effects of betrayal include shock, loss and grief, morbid pre-occupation, damaged self-esteem, self-doubting, anger.

Peter did not betray Jesus. His lying did not bring harm to Jesus in any way shape or form.

I will expect my children to deny knowing me if acknowledging that I am their father will make them loose their lives. That is not betrayal.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by sonmvayina(m): 9:50am On Jan 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Judas Sold God!

God o. The Same One Who Spoke to Moses on the mountain and scattered Egypt!

The idiot did not fear inspite of all he saw and heard.

And then the idiot chose silver instead of God! Ah oti dabaru pata pata!

Peter's sin did not reach this one.

Does that not tell you the gospel story was written as a mockery of God.....

Christianity was created to mock God...by the Roman empire...there is nothing divine about it....same old recycled paganism from Babylon..

1 Like

Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Steep(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2023
AmeLonRo:
The question on some lips is that in the betrayal case of Peter and Judas, it seems God love Peter more than Judas? Peter betrayed Jesus and he was pardoned while Judas also betrayed Him and was never pardoned.

Lets look at the content to know what is happening or what happened.

Jesus came to the world with a purpose and a mission - to serve, to redeem by being the sacrifice to pay for our sins, and to establish the church through His apostles until His return. The church was then to go out and spread the Gospel. Each of the twelve disciples, hand-picked by Jesus, followed Him in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XkUonGbcWc
Peter believed in Jesus while Judas did not.
In other words Peter was christ sheep while Judas was not.

So even before Peter denied Jesus, He has already prayed for Peter.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:24am On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

Does that not tell you the gospel story was written as a mockery of God.....

Christianity was created to mock God...by the Roman empire...there is nothing divine about it....same old recycled paganism from Babylon..

Natural living already confirms it. When people see and meet a holy man they always wish to kill him if not for God's Solid protection when they can not get him to be unholy and unrighteous as they are.

So go back and tell your people that they are mad lying devils.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34am On Jan 29, 2023
otipoju:

Peter did not betray Jesus. His lying did not bring harm to Jesus in any way shape or form.

I wll expect my children to deny knowing me if acknowledging that I am their father will make them loose their lives. That is not betrayal.

Your children example does not meet the case but your wife is the perfect example.

As usual your wife promises to die with you and now police has arrested you and they ask "is this your husband" and she says "no, she does not ever know you".

Surely, this is a betrayal.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by sonmvayina(m): 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Natural living already confirms it. When people see and meet a holy man they always wish to kill him if not for God's Solid protection when they can not get him to be unholy and unrighteous as they are.

So go back and tell your people that they are mad lying devils.

God cannot be mocked...

No matter how you try..
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

God cannot be mocked...

No matter how you try..

See, change of post and off point.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by sonmvayina(m): 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See, change of post and off point.

Dummy..

My point still stands..
God cannot be mocked, irrespective of what Christianity and the gospels writers might think..
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

Dummy..

My point still stands..
God cannot be mocked, irrespective of what Christianity and the gospels writers might think..

Only in your drug induced mad mind!
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by sonmvayina(m): 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Only in your drug induced mad mind!

Are you implying that God can be mocked?..

Come clean..
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

Are you implying that God can be mocked?..

Come clean..

I expressly say that you are a mad person and therefore incapable of normal understanding and conversation.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
It is important to note that God did not kill Judas. He killed himself!
Judas made a choice to condemn himself, Peter made a choice to redeem himself.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by sonmvayina(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I expressly say that you are a mad person and therefore incapable of normal understanding and conversation.

Dtruthspeaker, my offer still stands

You are not well,

You really do need psychiatric help..

I will pay for it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

Dtruthspeaker, my offer still stands

You are not well,

You really do need psychiatric help..

I will pay for it...

Says the mad man of nairaland who shows his madness even right now as he does not see that his responses are disjointed. Stupid mad man!
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by otipoju(m): 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Your children example does not meet the case but your wife is the perfect example.

As usual your wife promises to die with you and now police has arrested you and they ask "is this your husband" and she says "no, she does not ever know you".

Surely, this is a betrayal.

Go and read the meaning of betrayal. Peter's denial of Jesus did not bring any harm to Jesus. It was to save his own life. We are human beings and it is a natural instinct for survival. If my wife denies knowing me so she can survive and take care of the children...then it is a very good move.instead of two of us dying and then our children become orphans.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
otipoju:

Go and read the meaning of betrayal. Peter's denial of Jesus did not bring any harm to Jesus. ...

You are just repeating yourself for I did confirm that Peter did not intend to harm Christ.

However betrayal does not always mean harm but it always means disappointment coming from a person who has a duty to not disappoint.

Vocabulary.com
Betrayal - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms
Betrayal means "an act of deliberate disloyalty.

Noun: the quality of aiding an enemy,
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by otipoju(m): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are just repeating yourself for I did confirm that Peter did not intend to harm Christ.

However betrayal does not always mean harm but it always means disappointment coming from a person who has a duty to not disappoint.

Vocabulary.com
Betrayal - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms
Betrayal means "an act of deliberate disloyalty.

Noun: the quality of aiding an enemy,

So how did Peter aid the enemy by his denial of Christ.

How did his denial harm Jesus. No long story just tell me how.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
otipoju:
So how did Peter aid the enemy by his denial of Christ

How did his denial harm Jesus. No long story just tell me how.

Are you sufferer of down syndrome? Twice have I said that I agree that Peter did not intend to harm Christ, so something is wrong with you o most especially as you saw the first definition and skipped it

Ha! There are too many mad and abnormal people on this forum this is definitely a pandemic.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by otipoju(m): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you sufferer of down syndrome? Twice have I said that I agree that Peter did not intend to harm Christ, so something is wrong with you o most especially as you saw the first definition and skipped it

Ha! There are too many mad and abnormal people on this forum this is definitely a pandemic.

Unless there is harm to someone wether Physical or emotional, betrayal cannot be said to have occurred.

Peter lied about not knowing Jesus Christ to save his life. His action did not bring harm to Jesus in any physical or emotional way so he did not betray Jesus which is what you are saying that he did.

If you agree that he did not harm Jesus, then you must agree that he did not betray him.

You cannot say he betrayed him, when his action did not bring harm to Jesus.

It's your logic that is flawed. It's like saying Brandon killed Williams but Williams did not die.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2023
otipoju:

Unless there is harm to someone wether Physical or emotional, betrayal cannot be said to have occurred.

Hmm you are not normal o.

Its okay, madly hold on to the single view other normal people already know that Betrayal means more than harm but included breach of loyalty and fidelity.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by otipoju(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Hmm you are not normal o.

Its okay, madly hold on to the single view other normal people already know that Betrayal means more than harm but included breach of loyalty and fidelity.

I took my time to give you the definition of betrayal by scholarly academic standards, you are telling me what " normal" people think they know. Who are the so called normal people. We call normal people like you " untrained bible readers".

On a very find day you are not worth discussing with over religious matters because you lack the scholarly training to do so. I spent 5 good years studying religion under the very best professors we had in Nigeria decades ago. We don't do emotions ,we do facts, we don't do fallacies, we do logic.

Peter did not betray Jesus. He denied him.
Judas betrayed Jesus and that is the end of the matter.
Re: The Betrayal Case Of Peter - Did God Love Peter More Than Judas? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
otipoju:

On a very find day you are not worth discussing with over religious matters because you lack the scholarly training to do so. I spent 5 good years studying religion under the very best professors we had in Nigeria decades ago.

And in all your bestness you all missed a very obvious second scholarly view, of what betrayal means?

You and your scholars are not as great as you should be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deeper Spiritual Consecration -rev Kesiena Esiri / What Is The Bible Meaning Of Speaking In Tongues? {glossolalia Or Xenoglossy} / Which Book Do You Read Most Volume Or Few Pages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.