Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,236 members, 7,825,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Agent Wants My Money Paid To Him - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Agent Wants My Money Paid To Him (205 Views)

Estate Agent Wants Me To Pay 130% Of The Rent As Agent/Agreement / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / Refer A Client To Buy From Our New Estate And Get All Expenses Paid To Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agent Wants My Money Paid To Him by Bimstee: 1:46am On Jan 26, 2023
I had a land in d town where I stayed before relocating. I decided to sell but because I wasn't staying there it won't be easy for me to get a buyer, so I told the person that sold the land to me that I want to sell the land. He asked how much I want to sell the I told him 1.2m.
Three days ago he called that someone wants to pay 900 thousand I told him I can collect 1m. So yesterday he called me and said the person said he should come and collect the money, so I should send my account number so that he can send the money to me. Am confused I thought the person is supposed to pay to me directly. And this person is insisting I must pay 5% which I didn't dispute.
Please naira landers enlighten me
Re: Agent Wants My Money Paid To Him by ab1x: 1:48am On Jan 26, 2023
Bimstee:
I had a land in d town where I stayed before relocating. I decided to sell but because I wasn't staying there it won't be easy for me to get a buyer, so I told the person that sold the land to me that I want to sell the land. He asked how much I want to sell the I told him 1.2m.
Three days ago he called that someone wants to pay 900 thousand I told him I can collect 1m. So yesterday he called me and said the person said he should come and collect the money, so I should send my account number so that he can send the money to me. Am confused I thought the person is supposed to pay to me directly. And this person is insisting I must pay 5% which I didn't dispute.
Please naira landers enlighten me

He sold it more than 1M
Just collect the amount due to you and move on
Re: Agent Wants My Money Paid To Him by Papichulostunne(m): 1:54am On Jan 26, 2023
He sold more than that.
They send to him he takes his cut.. And his 5%.. And whip you 950k.
Re: Agent Wants My Money Paid To Him by PropertyScout(m): 4:20am On Jan 26, 2023
Which city or state is the land located in?

How long have you owned the land before you decided to sell?

It's possible that the seller understands that the land has appreciated more than the amount you listed the property for. He sold it slightly higher than how much you told him to sell.

Since he acted as an agent for you, he's charging you 5% for his services.

It's also possible that he may not trust you to send his 5% commission since you are not in the country, hence, he wants to remove his commission before sending you the money.

If you've not already sold the land, you can tell him to hold on while you do due diligence (find out how much that size of land is selling in that area, you can search online, call friends/families or speak to a Real estate agent operating in that area)..

If you don't want to go through the hassle, sell the land, collect the ₦950,000 (as far as it's above how much you paid for the land) and move on but learn from the experience in case of next time.

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month Of February / Land For Sale In Lagos / Affordable Luxury At Katampe Extension Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.