Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada (12176 Views)

Viral Video Of Defence Minister Wielding A Gun Is Fake - Nigerian Army / Video Of Werewolf Reportedly Killed In Benue Is Fake - Nigerian Army / 50 Percent Of Nigerian Immigration Officers To Now Work At Border Posts - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Jerrydox(m): 9:25am On Jan 26, 2023
Is well
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by ednut1(m): 9:28am On Jan 26, 2023
Many people have told me to stop giving free advice on nairaland and monetize it. I no be qualified agent why should i be doing that. All those idiots on YouTube and tiktok forming agents/ immigration consultants this may be your portion soon.

1 Like

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by portplus: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2023
I saw this coming...
with number of us there...I know they will start doing illegal stuffs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Corrinthians(m): 9:38am On Jan 26, 2023
Psalmistproject:
This is what bad governance in this country has caused.

His crime is not really serious.

I know a lot of agents in this country that helps one prep basic documents to meet the standards needed.

But I think there's a new security protocols in immigration especially for those traveling to Canada. Others should take note.

Vote Peter Obi and let's stay back and build this country.
This has got to be the stupidest comment I've read on this forum in a long while.

Why do you Zombiedients have such weird orientation. Condemn criminality and stop excusing criminals. This attitude is the reason why gunmen/IPOB has been hacking down the lives of Easterners for years without fear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by FireUpNow(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2023
Naija now exports scam
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by nairavsdollars(f): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2023
Chineye scammer

1 Like

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by ZombieSlayer1: 9:45am On Jan 26, 2023
Stargangz:
Na dem developers, flat head miscreants angry
If only you on now how incredibly stupid you sound
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by ZombieSlayer1: 9:46am On Jan 26, 2023
Corrinthians:
This has got to be the stupidest comment I've read on this forum in a long while.

Why do you Zombiedients have such weird orientation. Condemn criminality and stop excusing criminals. This attitude is the reason why gunmen/IPOB has been hacking down the lives of Easterners for years without fear.
He helps people to prepare documents to run away from this shithole. That's what your government caused, everyone now wants to run.

Fulani herdsmen have been taking over communities in the West but urchins will never see this
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Godwin4444: 9:57am On Jan 26, 2023
Psalmistproject:

I know a lot of agents in this country that helps one prep basic documents to meet the standards needed.

But I think there's a new security protocols in immigration especially for those traveling to Canada. Others should take note.

how did Peter obi build anambra?
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by just2endowed: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2023
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by jaxxy(m): 10:06am On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
Another black sheep.

Some nigerians are cursed

What he did was like what agents everywhere do, even licenced one. They are just biased he's Nigerian and not authorised. unless I'm not getting the story right bt I don't think he scammed anyone.

He paid money for immigrants ehen? Fake account balance ok? which made up lies? Na 2day?

1 Like

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Mrtaye: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2023
olisaEze:
Better to quietly do the time there than to be sent back home here. The village pipo of the last person that guy helped to escape Naija just sent their last warning. undecided
Na advert wey im do online cast am oo
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Truthshscrazy: 10:48am On Jan 26, 2023
Emeka

1 Like

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Sholaco: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2023
Useless people, this are the people calling Nigeria zoo yet, they hold Nigeria passport, use Nigeria identity to scam. Foolish ignorant people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by chaseblack(m): 10:56am On Jan 26, 2023
Yankiss:
Nigerians never cease to amaze me. All these energies channeled to faking can be used to obtain double the original.

How? You don't understand what is going on.
This is a normal case in Nigeria, although illegal most people use this avenue to travel abroad.

How does a person from a poor background afford millions of naira?
How do you think he can make a poor person become a millionaire, do you expect him to be dashing them his money so they can meet up Canada's financial requirements?

What he does is that he transfers his own money into poor students account so they can meet financial requirements for travelling, then remove the funds after they've settled.

That's the crime is been charged for.

It is a crime anyways.
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by sacajawea: 11:07am On Jan 26, 2023
Houseofglam7:
šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Why are you laughing so hard??
Is this not normal japa thing most agents do??
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by ojex004: 11:31am On Jan 26, 2023
Na Dem again. Three differents diaspora crime committed on front page as at this morning alone, Na our developers from Afghaneastern part of Nigeria .
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by uuzba(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
Another black sheep.
Some nigerians are cursed
You people should calm down O.
Every nation has their own beliefs.
British believe they are great discoverers and colonist.
Americans believe they are the best in science and technology.
Switzerland believe they are experts at making wristwatch, chocolate and saving international money in banks.
Japanese believe they can make more advance tech than America.
Chinese believe they can make everything for everybody for the cheapest price.
Philippines believe they are very good domestic servants.
Indians believe they are the best vegetarians and best at offering customer service....
--
Nigeria is a collection of different tribes of people who were forced to belong to one country.
We don't have any belief in anything as a nation.
Hence the people easily misbehave all the time. No leader has told us what to do.
The leader sef, doesn't even know what to do. Just use police to be flogging everybody everytime.
We are already angry just being together inside our country. And that anger is not resolved yet.
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Psalmistproject: 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
Corrinthians:

If Nigerians are not desperate to flee the country with or without proper prerequisites can't that tell your shallow mindedness that we have a leadership crisis in this country.

Anyway if you people can vote for Buhari and after tinubu, you have been eluded from reality.
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Psalmistproject: 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
how did Peter obi build anambra?

Since you are from planet Ur-anus, welcome to Earth!

Now use your Google!

By the way you're welcome!
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Originalsly: 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2023
Nickisindigo:

Those people now cannot get citizenship

Citizenship? ... they are likely to be deported for filing false claims. 2 years for the agent plus $29K fine..... maybe his citizenship be revoked be face deportation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Evergreen12345(f): 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
In one way or the other Everyone is into fraud! your father must be an idiot and your mother a prost"itute For calling an innocent man like Obi fraud while you see Tinubu is a savour !
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Evergreen12345(f): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
That's a very simple fraud here in Nigeria is everywhere in Lagos in Nigeria even abroad is there too so ship up and vote WISELY

1 Like

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by ASAPFERG: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2023
another igboman
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by babatunji91185: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
Na themNa them...
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by NaBanga: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2023
Only 5 people were let in based on his services. Hmmm... undecided
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2023
Psalmistproject:

Bad governance had nothing to do with former citizens committing crime the same way good governance wonā€™t automatically turn citizens good.
Not really a serious crime? Itā€™s a federal crime. Falsifying information and creating fraudulent documents is a very serious crime and itā€™s very unfair to Nigerians who actually have the means to immigrate. Iā€™m surprised that he didnā€™t receive a harsher sentence. If he was here in the US, heā€™d be facing more time and those he helped would be deported just as they will be in Canada. Thereā€™s a strong probability that those 5 people are facing jail time before theyā€™re deported. Depending on his status, thereā€™s a big chance heā€™ll also be deported after serving his sentence.
I guarantee that this will put other potential Nigerian immigrants and their documents under a strong microscope, causing the Canadian government to use stronger verification methods such as electronic funds verification like many other countries. Because of this, the amount of visa denials will soon increase.

1 Like

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
NaBanga:
Only 5 people were let in based on his services. Hmmm... undecided

For now but that number will soon increase. Do you know why? Instead of accepting their wrongdoings and their punishment, those 5 people will tell on other Nigerians who did similar, causing them to be investigated. It happens all the time here in the US and other countries. Once a Nigerian is picked up by ICE, they voluntarily start throwing others under the bus by giving names and most times, the people they tell on are the ones that helped them with money, food, accommodation, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2023
jaxxy:

What he did was like what agents everywhere do, even licenced one. They are just biased he's Nigerian and not authorised. unless I'm not getting the story right bt I don't think he scammed anyone.

He paid money for immigrants ehen? Fake account balance ok? which made up lies? Na 2day?

With all due respect, no sir. What he did is not what licensed agents do at all. Maybe you missed the part about the authorities finding evidence of him creating false documents like bank statements and helping them come up with lies to deceive immigration? The transferring of money for the purpose of deceiving immigration isnā€™t legal either and thatā€™s why so many people struggle after immigratingā€”they didnā€™t really have the funds necessary to survive and had plans to get by on ā€œhustlingā€ and those plans fail.

1 Like

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Cantonese:
Hmmm.

Age long business of Nigerians in the entire south. Visa agents/immigration facilitation is an international practice. The young manā€™s offence is that he is unlicensed, unlike the practice in Nigeria where it is open to everyone and most people are not licensed.

Licensing requires an oath of honesty and integrity. His offense is that he committed fraud. Submitting fake bank documents to a government agency is a crime everywhere outside Nigeria in fact just like lying about income on a bank application.
Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by Almaigaa: 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
BeardGangJnr1:
Igbos are like the Greeks....
give them opportunity they will develop and influence the whole world

Why cant they develop their tiny Eastern Region? Remember the East is the least developed Region in Nigeria.

Re: Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada by zinizta: 7:29am On Jan 27, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

He helps people to prepare documents to run away from this shithole. That's what your government caused, everyone now wants to run.

Fulani herdsmen have been taking over communities in the West but urchins will never see this

Forgery is a crime in most countries of the world

Well, maybe Nigeria is a shit hole because of its tolerance for forgery etc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interim Govt Plot: Govs Slam DSS For Raising Alarm Without Arrests / Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading / Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.