Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

How To Write A Sales Copy That Doesn't Look Like One - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Write A Sales Copy That Doesn't Look Like One (220 Views)

Direct Response Copy That Get You Maximum Results / How To Write High Converting Advert Copy That Will Sell Even Rotten Shit / How To Write Sales Copy That Sells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Sales Copy That Doesn't Look Like One by SplendorOchuko1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2023
Do you know why most copy fail?

People are very skeptical now more than ever and that's why if they see a copy they can recognize it almost instantly.

and that means no sales is gonna happen if they don't read it.

They only respond to copy that doesn't look like copy.

Why?
Because everyday they are bombarded with copy that does nothing but to sell to them.

Now will you waste your time reading a copy you know that have nothing to benefit you except to take money from you?

Of course NO..

That's why most copy flop today.

So how do you write a copy that does not look like one.

1. You write with the sole purpose of helping.

Yeah, don't get me wrong your copy is meant to sell but not to SELL directly.

That's what you see in content marketing,

Email marketing

And many others.
People are willing to give you their money if you can SHOW them you don't need it.

How then do you achieve this?

Glad you ask but you will notice that content provides value and people love to go where they will benefit from.

Even if you are fully aware that I have a product to sell, you will still read my content if you find value in there.

Lets take George Ten for example he is the copythinker on Twitter.

He gives out high valued threads on copywriting for free but do you know why?

He is building trust.

He is helping others too.

Now he his trying to tell you "I am not just any kind of copywriter but the copythinking copywriter".

I read one of his thread on "THE ART OF COPYTHINKING ''

what I learnt from it was 🔥🔥

At the end he sold his cohort session and even Bruno Nwogu bought that cohort session.

Now why am I telling you these.

If you study carefully you will find out that he was giving out value to build trust and not only that.

He gave more value just to SHOW you he didn't want your money but he is here to help.

Then the second step is.

2. Avoid writing like robots.

I don't know but many won't agree with me.

Writing with templates might be okay for beginners but I don't think the real Gees of copywriting uses template.

Why?

Because of your market.

Now you can use AIDA formula to write copy and it will convert but then it might not work for every market.

You might need a different approach.

Sure you will need to get attention with your headline and hook your prospect but then you might need a different approach like:

Testimonials
Facts..
Story.
Disagreement with a certain subject
or even pure education.

In all I think the gees of copywriting write the whole stuff and fit it into a formula and not the other way round.

3. Don't use click bait headlines.

No, don't do it.
Read Boron letters by Gary Halbert and you will see it there too.

Click bait headlines are red flags to your prospects that you are trying to take their money.

Because they can sense it from the hook that your headline does not match your message.

4. Differentiate from the crowd.

You've heard "model what works".

But as you keep on writing more and more new ideas and methods will come to you naturally use them and double down on what works.

5. Answer objections majestically.

No guesswork be honest.

Don't be deceptive it will only give you short term gain.

An example....

".......No, it will take you up to XYZ time to get the results you desire but that's if you don't put much effort......."

6. Back up your weak points with a reason

Don't hide your weak points project it and back it up.

e.g NO MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.

"Yes there is no money back guarantee on this course because I want only serious persons to get it.

It is too bad most people buy a course and they think they will just get results like that without working after some time they ask for a refund

And they call the course creator a scam.

That's not going to be the case here , if you are ready to change your financial status I guarantee you this course will do it for you if you follow the steps in it."

This does not only notify your readers that you aren't after making a sale but after making people get results.

7. Think like your prospects will.

Don't forget you are writing to a target audience and they will start looking for every possible means to discard your copy.

Don't write to amaze, write to get them take action.

Don't hide the big deal far let it surface and make them curious to know more.

If you think like you prospects you will be able to know what's the next step they will likely take.

Is it to believe you and take action?

Or

To ignore you because you sound like the other guys out there.

7. Don't deceive your prospect that it's free whereas it's not.

You already know what I mean.

It's normal to feel like hiding the premium part of the copy but if you observe closely the premium part comes first.

In most copy written by badass copywriters the premium comes first with a powerful hook to make you curious.

Let me tell what this does.

By telling your readers that this is not free but premium you will filter low quality readers.

Those interested will read to see how it can help them achieve what they desire.

If you've read this far it means you are ready to write badass copy that doesn't look like copy but you might be thinking well I have something to sell you.

But NO that's not true.

But even if that's the case won't you buy from me.

Yes, you will because I am now in the position of helping you get pass the trap of writing copy that fails.

Now if you want a change of level from normal to OUTSTANDING as a copywriter then you need to START learning from the OUTSTANDING.

NOTE: the aim of this content is to help you write better persuasive copy that will convert by writing to help and not to look salesy.

Well I wrote all this to help you and if you are like me help someone else by sharing this.

If you need my assistance or you gat some questions hit my DM on WhatsApp 09157538157.

Till I write you again I remain

Splendor Ochuko
Certified copywriter.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Companies / The Easy Way To Wealthy Life For Those Who Are Fully Ready And Serious / Account Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.