Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland (178704 Views)

Poll: Who?

Beyonce: 39% (100 votes)
Kelly Rowland: 60% (153 votes)
This poll has ended

Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland: Who Looked Prettier While Pregnant? / The Matter Of "Beyonce" Vs "Mrs Carter" / There Is A New Nollywood Film Called Beyonce Vs Rihanna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by toboy: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
beyonce is beautiful but i love kelly so much more than beyonce.she is cool and will make a good loving wife more than beyonce
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by mamagee3(f): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2010
I personally think Beyonce is prettier than Kelly rowland.

But Kelly rowland is more talented than beyonce.
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Vedren(f): 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2010
I think Kelly is cute and Beyonce is pretty.
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by mamagee3(f): 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^Couldn't have said it any better.
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Curtwill75: 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2010
Travelista, your insight is nice but I don't believe you. Not fully. Sorry *shrugs* Especially on this: if anything, she was known at the time as the weakest singer and had to get extra singing lessons (that's where her operatic training comes from) and this, Beyonce was the weakest singer in the group; go back and check on that one. She had private lessons when the other girls thought she was getting extra help with school (school that she dropped out of in 8th grade, so they're silly to have believed that lie in the first place).

Because of this: [David] Brewer is wistful when he recalls how he taught the girls not just to sing, but to understand the technical and physiological concepts underlying the musical instrument that is the human voice. Even now, reeling with disappointment over what he sees as a change in her character, [b][/b]Brewer marvels at Beyoncé’s natural gifts. "Beyonce was the only one that came with this phenomenal voice. Kelly’s voice was little more than air. With LeToya, I thought ‘she will take a longer time to learn to sing in a pop or R&B style’ because she had a very naturally high placed voice. I had to teach her to sing in her "chest" voice." shocked

"I taught Beyonce how to instruct – so she could teach the chords she composed(that's part of songwriting, you know) to the others. I taught them how to hear cords, how to sing in tune. Their background vocals are very tight, as you’ll notice, because they were taught to sing "in vowel" – everybody understands the same placement for "ee" or "ah" – they place each phrase in the same part of the mouth. Each girl’s technique is the same. When they sing "ah’ they do it the same way, so that’s why it’s tight." He seems proudest of the time he spent with Beyoncé separately, and he still regards her as a rare talent. He sounds like a proud papa when he describes how he taught her to build chords. "She learned very, very well. She was a very bright girl."

That was their former vocal teacher and he said this while defending Toya and Tavia which is why he said that he was disappointed in her change in character so if he can say this while mad at her, that's true objectivity because he could have dogged her out if that was the case. It's a fact that BEYONCE was the one arranging their vocals, in fact they are videos doing it when she was a child. Of course, they have credits in the composition of their songs, no one argues that. But arrangements is Beyonce's lane. Everyone know that. So any shine that Kelly and Michelle had with their vocals is because Bey arranged their voices to fit their strengths for the most part. In fact, Bey can sight read(read music) which is how she was able to get into the High School of Performing Arts(One of the adminstrators said it herself in an interview). So can Toya, which is why if you said she did the most writing, I would be more inclined to believe as opposed to Tavia because she was the weakest really because she was a rapper. She didn't know how to sing at first. Unless you are talking about lyric writing which no one really speaks of Beyonce being a great lyricist. But they talk about how great her ear is for music.

Also, you said in that you used to be in the industry. Well, you do realize that 7 million WW in today's industry is outstanding especially since, music is not selling period. No one, other than the BIG ARTISTS even make money off their music. Beyonce does. Music has been in a huge sales slump since 2003. In fact, she did better than B'day sales wise. I can believe that they prepare Sasha Fierce back in 2003, everything is prepared in advance in the mainstream industry but the poster was right about Kelly's first album being pushed up to take advantage of Dilemma to get maximize her sales. Bey pushed her album back. These things I know. I would never argue that Bey didn't get more promotion or that the group was built around her. But, your info seems to be geared to attack Beyonce, and I love Kelly but it is what it is.
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Geeborlah(f): 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2011
kelly would always nd ever be beta dan beyonce knowles, i'm nt sayin dey re nt both gud bt kelly is jst beta,
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Afam4eva(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2011
Kelly Rowland takes this one.
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by ekubear1: 5:53am On Mar 15, 2011
Gimme Kelly.
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by labaks(f): 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
Kelly is not just pretty but very pretty/attractive, BEYONCE is fine/sexy. They' r both diff.
Dat 1 they call Michelle Williams, wat exactly was she doin in da group, always singing the last verse? i dnt like her 4 any reason. swegbe buruku
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by suzannah: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2012
omogenaija: i got it on my computer and replayed it 1000000000 times. it was funny
cld u show us d vid
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Go listen to kelly's new single "Dirty Laundry" there you get to hear the real kelly and how she felt about beyonce,when they were still in destiny's child. smiley
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Liamm(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gracito:
hey,guys.am new here.but i really , do prefer beyonce to kelly.pls,kelly,dont take it personal smiley wink cheesy cool kiss
your first post on Nairaland grin
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Gracito(f): 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
Liamm:
your first post on Nairaland grin
hahaha, yes sweetie cheesy
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Liamm(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gracito:
hahaha, yes sweetie cheesy
and you happen to be a veteran cheesy

I guess network then was challenging grin
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Gracito(f): 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
Liamm:
and you happen to be a veteran cheesy

I guess network then was challenging grin
yeah. And I also forgot my password, reason I stopped coming on for so long cry
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Liamm(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gracito:
yeah. And I also forgot my password, reason I stopped coming on for so long cry
hope you not planning on deactivating soon. Honestly I cherish Nairaland veterans. I used to visit Nairaland then albeit with Nokia 5200 grin and as a guest but it's a different story now. How time flies cool
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Gracito(f): 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
Liamm:
hope you not planning on deactivating soon. Honestly I cherish Nairaland veterans. I used to visit Nairaland then albeit with Nokia 5200 and as a guest but it's a different story now. How time flies cool
nah, I'm not planning on that. *rotflmao* time really does fly.
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Liamm(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gracito:
nah, I'm not planning on that. *rotflmao* time really does fly.
you wondering why I had to dig up your old post aren't ya? cheesy
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Gracito(f): 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
Liamm:
you wondering why I had to dig up your old post aren't ya? cheesy
you read my mind wink oya talk to me

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Liamm(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gracito:
you read my mind wink oya talk to me
Lol grin

Your reply to kestolove's derogatory remark on front page was a matured and intelligent one. had to check the Nairaland history of the ADVISER grin lol
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Gracito(f): 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
Liamm:
Lol grin

Your reply to kestolove's derogatory remark on front page was a matured and intelligent one. had to check the Nairaland history of the ADVISER grin lol

loool, well, most people on nairaland are known for their sharp tongues. Sometimes, I grow wear reading comments too. By the way, Nice to meet you grin
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Liamm(m): 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gracito:
loool, well, most people on nairaland are known for their sharp tongues. Nice to meet you grin
Yea. Been trying my best to keep them at bay but the more gentle you sound, the more insult and abuse you get. Reason why l chose to be violent, offensive and abusive at the same time. Lol. Don't mind me. Just kidding.

The feeling is mutual by the way smiley
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Gracito(f): 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Liamm:
Yea. Been trying my best to keep them at bay but the more gentle you sound, the more insult and abuse you get. Reason why l chose to be violent, offensive and abusive at the same time. Lol. Don't mind me. Just kidding.

The feeling is mutual by the way smiley
. My pleasure smiley smiley
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Liamm(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gracito:
. My pleasure smiley smiley
have a sweet night rest hun.

Lest I forget, your dp ain't bad wink
Re: Beyonce Vs Kelly Rowland by Gracito(f): 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
Liamm:
have a sweet night rest hun.

Lest I forget, your dp ain't bad wink
thanks! You too. Thanks again cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid's girlfriend VS Davido's girlfriend who is Hotter? / Moyo Lawal Leaked Sex Tape: Actress Reacts / Latest Celebrities Gossips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.