Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria (508 Views)

Bishop Onuoha Still Upholding His Attribute Of Loyalty, Love — Obasanjo (video) / 3 Major Reasons Atiku Case Was Thrown Out Of Tribunal / Captivating Attribute Of President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by StonesA: 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2023
Coming from a northern minority...

1.HAUSA: one good habit i found out among the hausas is that, in every situation they express GRATITUDE. they see every disappointment as a blessings.

2: IGBO: one good attribute i like about the igbo people is their BRAVENESS. an Igbo man can travel across the seven oceans to an unknown country to start his business without the fear of the unknown, that is why i see so many of them in northern cities and villages, even with the issue of terrorism in maiduguri i still see so many igbo owned businesses.

3.YORUBA: one good thing i like about yoruba people is their TOLERANCE. in some families you will find out that a father is a christian while the mother is a muslim, and you will see them living peacefully without any form of division

3 Likes

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by God1000(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
You are right, but their dark underbellies is a big problem

1 Like

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by UrPapa: 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Afonjas have no good attributes
Their hate for igbos is what’s killing them

4 Likes

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by Isobug: 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
True to some extent

Hausas can love anybody as far as you can stay out of troubles and also manage to speak their language.

You are right about yorubas in religion tolerance No other good traits

But the first trait of the Igbos is that they don't support injustice, they can fight for the oppressed no matter who, more than they can fight for themselves

But Nigeria is not all about Hausas, Igbo and Yoruba. We have Efik, Bini, Ijaw, calabari, ibibio, Idoma, igala, Tiv, etc

6 Likes

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by StonesA: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
You are right, but their dark underbellies is a big problem
ur right. our prayer is.. may the good side prevail over the bad side.
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by tamdun: 3:44pm On Jan 26, 2023
UrPapa:
And yet,yoruba land is the safest place for igbos

1 Like

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by StonesA: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
Isobug:
True to some extent

Hausas can love anybody as far as you can stay out of troubles and also manage to speak their language.

You are right about yorubas in religion tolerance No other good traits

But the first trait of the Igbos is that they don't support injustice, they can fight for the oppressed no matter who, more than they can fight for themselves

But Nigeria is not all about Hausas, Igbo and Yoruba. We have Efik, Bini, Ijaw, calabari, ibibio, Idoma, igala, Tiv, etc
sure, we have many tribes and ethnic groups. i the person that create this thread i am from a michika tribe in adamawa. northerners refers to us as nyamiri arewa(i.e northern igbos) because our people like money and business. and just like igbos we are predominantly christians

4 Likes

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by Felabrity: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
The bad side (observation)

Hausa - intolerance (wars) and too religious (Muslims)

Yoruba - too tribal (bigots) and religious (Muslims)

Igbo - Dem no dey stay their state and they don't love it each other, even their brothers unlike Hausa people
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by haffaze777(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thread for them to badmouth Almighty Yoruba as usual
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by StonesA: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
haffaze777:
Thread for them to badmouth Almighty Yoruba as usual
not everything is against you mr man, try to look from the positive side. as a nothern minority i have nothing against your people. every tribe has its own good and bad side. and as positive minded person i went on to write down the good side

1 Like

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by Mindlog: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
UrPapa:

Generalization is a dangerous mindset. That you have issues with some, does not represent an entire tribe.

Across board, there are people from other tribes and races, we trust more than our own kinsmen.

It is not about the tribe but the heart of the individual....good people are in every community, just as bad people are.

2 Likes

Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by fman(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
tamdun:

on a low!!
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
Igbos stand injustice, yet we know what is going on in Abia state.

Abi Abia state is no longer igbo state

Dey play.
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 4:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Mindlog:

Generalization is a dangerous mindset. That you have issues with some, does not represent an entire tribe.

Across board, there are people from other tribes and races, we trust more than our own kinsmen.

It is not about the tribe but the heart of the individual....good people are in every community, just as bad people are.
The op is listing personal traits of human being as a tribal trait and he actually thought he was not been tribalistic. 😄 The irony.

So What of Yorubas like Fela and Prof Wole Soyinka who are known human right activist.

What of prominent Northerners that stood against Injustice throughout Nigerian history.

And so on and so forth.
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by haffaze777(m): 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
StonesA:
not everything is against you mr man, try to look from the positive side. as a nothern minority i have nothing against your people. every tribe has its own good and bad side. and as positive minded person i went on to write down the good side

Hope you see this? Stay tuned for many more.

UrPapa:
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by nisai: 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
UrPapa:
grin grin Typical
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by UrPapa: 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2023
tamdun:

lagos is the former capital and it’s even edo land so stfu
You think Lagos will be what it is if igbos didn’t bring their businesses to Lagos
Re: Some Good Attribute Of The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria by tamdun: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2023
UrPapa:
lagos is the former capital and it’s even edo land so stfu
You think Lagos will be what it is if igbos didn’t bring their businesses to Lagos
Na who invite your father to Lagos,in fact who sabi ur father for Lagos?

(1) (Reply)

Osun Tribunal and why Over voting is still very possible even with BVAS / LAGOS Was Like Somalia Before Tinubu Despite Being Africans Capital City / States Peter Obi Will Get 98% Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.