Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg (16163 Views)

Peter Obi Backs Shutting Down Of Universities To Enable Students Vote / Oshiomhole Makes 'Sign Of Cross' Before Casting Vote During Edo Election / FG Asks All Account Holders In Financial Institutions To Re-Register Despite BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by PixelPlexus: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ok
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by victorsola: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
AllTheWayUp:
grin grin grin
Tinubu will not be happy with move
u must think it’s only people who wants to vote for obi that is collecting pvc. Just so you know the north has the highest number of youth voters and they are voting for atiku and tinubu. So don’t be deceived . Lagos has the lowest registered youth voters . Be informed it’s important for your well-being.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Benblaq(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
post=120405665:
Naija students....... over to you.
Na students go shut schools ba? Dey talk off point all the time.😒

2 Likes

Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by PrinceOfLagos: 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
Very good

I support this
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Karleb(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
The fact that I need to go to the the ward I registered to vote should be abolished.

As long as I am a Nigerian and in Nigeria, I should be able to vote anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by ovie8200: 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
Not a bad idea.....Obi needs the students.....but how many of them will go and vote anyway. Voting is very poor in Nigeria.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by southsouthking(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
You people are keen on sending someone to an early grave with HBP.
Well anything to make the country move forward is a win win for all.
Alura continua.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Shezkid01(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
Recipe
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
MITCHELL96:
I know they'll try hard not to shut down schools because they know block votes for Peter Obi will come from students.

Students can't be stupid to endure all they went through during the strike caused by this APC government and vote them in again.

90% students will vote for Peter Obi.
Any student that want to vote can always do that whether school is shut or not. Voting is one day and on a Saturday. You can travel on Friday and come back on Monday. University is not secondary school
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Bigchristo: 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
Shutdown territory institutions to enable students vote during elections, Reps urge FG

…ask INEC to make special arrangements for collection of PVCs

By Levinus Nwabughiogu-Abuja

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/shutdown-territory-institutions-to-enable-students-vote-during-elections-reps-urge-fg/
whent they know Obi Popularity mostly relies on the youths they won’t do it because Jagaban n urchins Dey fear lol 😂

This election Peter Obi truly give them blow and unexpected lead, have you noticed they’ve stop calling Peter Obi rally naming ceremony? Because the crowd keep increasing all their calculations of calling Labour Party structureless has been prove not to be working for them now they are hiring thugs APC no show love oo 😂🤣😂
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by BRIMBRAM: 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
lomprico:
Vote wisely, vote right

grin Great improvement. More money is made compared to 2015 as a businessman.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Emekaonline: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
MITCHELL96:
I know they'll try hard not to shut down schools because they know block votes for Peter Obi will come from students.

Students can't be stupid to endure all they went through during the strike caused by this APC government and vote them in again.

90% students will vote for Peter Obi.

Only stupid and foolish students will vote for a man under whom ASUU went on strike for 7 months while the doctors went on strike for 13 months. If you are looking for a fool, then anyone that votes for such a failue is not only foolish but stupid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by owobokiri(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
Trust22:
The only person that will oppose this is BALA BLU
He opposes all good things..

Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Reyhzor(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
Eriggs:

Uwakwe, FYI, all good Nigerian youths that want progress and development for Nigeria are voting Tinubu, only the ipob terrorist youths that curses, insults people old enough to be thief grand fathers and grand mothers are voting for your obituary uwakwe.
Get that fact right.
Tinubu is your next president,
I won't be surprise to see your biafra or death all over again as from next month

What can Tinubu do as President??
mind you if they borrow, soon they might leave this world , na me and you go pay.
Tinubu doesn't remember anything ..
Hope say you dey buy fuel today ⛽??
No be to come type for here, let's talk about current situation.
When last did you buy rice.
How much is flight.
Mehnn , I don't even know if his supporters are truly Nigerian
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Emekaonline: 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bigchristo:
whent they know Obi Popularity mostly relies on the youths they won’t do it because Jagaban n urchins Dey fear lol 😂

This election Peter Obi truly give them blow and unexpected lead, have you noticed they’ve stop calling Peter Obi rally naming ceremony? Because the crowd keep increasing all their calculations of calling Labour Party structureless has been prove not to be working for them now they are hiring thugs APC no show love oo 😂🤣😂

I can bet you that only stupid and foolish students will vote for a man under whom ASUU went on strike for 7 months while the doctors went on strike for 13 months. If you are looking for a fool, then anyone that votes for such a failue is not only foolish but stupid
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Emekaonline: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Reyhzor:

What can Tinubu do as President??
mind you if they borrow, soon they might leave this world , na me and you go pay.
Tinubu doesn't remember anything ..
Hope say you dey buy fuel today ⛽??
No be to come type for here, let's talk about current situation.
When last did you buy rice.
How much is flight.
Mehnn , I don't even know if his supporters are truly Nigerian

You need to know that only stupid and foolish students will vote for a man under whom ASUU went on strike for 7 months while the doctors went on strike for 13 months. If you are looking for a fool, then anyone that votes for such a failue is not only foolish but stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by backnbeta(f): 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Why do people derive so much joy in school closure? They can provide subsidized bus trips to every state capital from the various institutions. They can start on Tuesday and end it on Thursday. Interested students can find their ways to their villages from there
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by UnfairLife7(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bigchristo:

his campaign na still naming ceremony any day any time compare to that of Tinubu and Atiku

Obi will not come a distant third and your body go calm down after the election no worry
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Blue3k(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
Weird professors won't allow students to skip a day of class for election purposes. Even if they don't allow it just skip one day. As long their no major grade that day it's no big deal.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
Eriggs:

Uwakwe, FYI, all good Nigerian youths that want progress and development for Nigeria are voting Tinubu, only the ipob terrorist youths that curses, insults people old enough to be thief grand fathers and grand mothers are voting for your obituary uwakwe.
Get that fact right.
Tinubu is your next president,
I won't be surprise to see your biafra or death all over again as from next month

Keep on deceiving urself urchin😂😂😂
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by ZombieSlayer1: 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
Karleb:
The fact that I need to go to the the ward I registered to vote should be abolished.

As long as I am a Nigerian and in Nigeria, I should be able to vote anywhere.
there's provision to transfer your polling booth
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by favour32(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
Students will not be in a hurry to forget the indifference in attitudes of
Atiku #(PDP) and Tinubu #(APC) during ASUU strike and endsars protests of police brutality.

WHERE ARE THE COWS?

IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Shezzman: 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2023
Say no more.....
Melodydoctor:
I disagree. Even though I dont want Atiku or Tinubu to win this election, I still dont see the need for shutting down institutions because of nonsense elections that will still end up with nothing to show for it after 8 years of whoever will come to power because little or nothing will change for the better as far as the mentality of Nigerian authories and the root of corruption remain the same. By now those who supported Sai Baba in 2015 with all their strength, thinking that Nigeria will actually change positively will understand what I am saying. Nigeria needs more than electing a seemingly good president to make it better. The level of corruption and lawlessness in the country is irreparable and it is not a job to be done by one good man surrounded by thousands of corrupt politicians with different focus.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Mccullum: 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2023
This is nice suggestion, with the arrangement of studies loan in Tinubu manifesto, many students will cast their vote for Jagaban.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Johnken1234: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2023
Haven't we reached a stage whereby we can vote in any location? INEC still have much work to do in nearest future. PVCs just like ATMs should be collected at the point of registration. Just like ATMs too, you can use your PVC to vote any where you are in the country, until we get to this stage, that is when I will take INEC serious. With this we are 💯 percent sure of free and fair election.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Parachoko: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
The request no make sense
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Barims(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
lomprico:
Vote wisely, vote right

It's shall never be well with buhari and his entire family members the tribe he cames from Is not excepted, on his death bed, the pain will be excruciating it'd be unbearable for him,,, with this length of damages he has caused this nation, the hausa and fulani should be banned from contesting for an official posts because they lack intellectual capability to hold the office

Imagine Nigeria without the children of cows abokis Nigeria would have been a great nation ☹️😕
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by bobosydney: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
No wonder many countries didn't recognise or respect Nigeria education or certificate because they know that is not conducted according international systems. Which country that shut down schools because of elections and that shows that everything has to be run politically. But the same politicians are sending their children to study in abroad.
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Epinbiz(m): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ok dey play
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Yankee101: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
Nope.
A lot of students registered in school
Re: Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg by Slurity(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
AllTheWayUp:
grin grin grin
Tinubu will not be happy with move
Tinubu appears to be the most popular in Nigeria among the contestants. Both news that concern him and the one that has nothing to do with him will still make people praise or attack him, must his name be mentioned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar / The Arabic Inscription On The Naira Note / PDP: Dasuki, Sowore’s Release Has Not Changed Opinion About Buhari’s Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.