Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 40. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 40. (89 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 40. by PastorSomba(m): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 40.

Galatians 4:1-7 (KJV) "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

40. Galatians 4:21-31 - The bible says Abraham had two sons who are very symbolic of the law and grace. The first son Ishmael was born by a slave woman Hagar. But Isaac was born by Sarah the wife of Abraham. Hagar being a slave was a type of being in bondage but Sarah being a wife was a type of freedom. While Hagar conceived naturally, Sarah conceived by the power of the word of promise. While Ishmael was conceived naturally without a word, Isaac and Jesus were conceived by the word of God. Ishmael was born naturally or by natural law just like any other human being on earth, but Isaac was born supernaturally because it was impossible for a ninety year old woman to naturally give birth to a child.

So also Jesus was born supernaturally because it was impossible for a virgin to conceive naturally without a man and have a child. Same way, while Israel were naturally born children of Abraham, but the church are supernaturally born children of Abraham being born by the incorruptible word of God. Hagar and Ishmael are a type of the law that was given on Mount Sinai. Sarah and Isaac are a type of Mount Zion. While Hagar and Ishmael are a type of the natural children of Abraham, Israel who were given the law, Sarah and Isaac are a type of Jesus and all the sons of God in Him otherwise called the Church. While Israel under the law are in bondage, but Jesus and the Church are free being born of the Spirit outside the law. Just as Ishmael came first before Isaac, so also the law came first before Jesus and grace.

Just as Ishmael persecuted Isaac after Isaac was born so also the law and all those under law are persecuting Jesus and His church today. After Isaac was born, the bond woman and her son Ishmael were cast out, so also now that Jesus the promised seed has come, the law has been set aside. What the bible is saying in this comparison is that Hagar, Ishmael and the law are of the flesh but Sarah and Isaac are of the Spirit. So also while the natural Israel and the law are of the flesh, Jesus and His Church are of the Spirit. While they that are of the flesh can never please God but only they that are of the Spirit can please God. While they that are of the flesh shall die but they that are of the Spirit shall have eternal life. The law is of the flesh but grace and truth is of the Spirit. Grace be with you. Genesis 16:1-16; 17:15-27; 18:1-15; 21:1-21; Hebrews 11:11,18; 12:22-23; Deuteronomy 33:2; Isaiah 2:2; 54:1; Revelation 3:12; 21:2-10; Acts 3:25; Romans 8:1-10; 9:8; Galatians 3:16-29; 5:11; 6:12; John 1:12-13,17; 8:35-36; Luke 1:26-38; 1Peter 1:23;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Not Hopefully But Surely / Daily Prophetic Blessings(episode 38) Jn.15:13- SOLUTION ENCOUNTERS / Beulah: Source Of Joy To The Needy|omohglobalnews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.