Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults (11706 Views)

Isaac Fayose Donates Ibadan Hotel To Peter Obi For Political Campaigns. / Sani Musa & Sabi Abdullahi: ‘Niger State Overtaken By Bandits’ / No Crime In Foreigners Joining Political Campaigns In Nigeria – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by mytime24(f): 6:53am On Jan 27, 2023
K
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Doyou2019: 6:53am On Jan 27, 2023
The irony is that these two fighting dirty are old papas who should know and do better. Agba o ka'gbon! Agba i'soro bi ewe!!
What values these two fit get for their adult children, let alone their grandkids? Whoever get dem for role models don pafuka him spiritual life fah, because other than money, these yeye octagenarians have nothing solid from which anyone can benefit.
Shame!
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by codeplace(m): 6:53am On Jan 27, 2023
JAPA NOW
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Strikethem: 6:54am On Jan 27, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
That's Nigerian men for u sir,,, very sens*less, stvpid, wr*tched, po.or set of people,,, dey can never copy good things from foreign men only stvpid tins grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerian Men are Just too Childish and Us*less.........all of them
Tell the members of our association in your family. I mean your father, brother, uncle and the person fucking your pussy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by ojun50(m): 6:54am On Jan 27, 2023
That is why we must vote obi
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by silvoclaira: 6:56am On Jan 27, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
That's Nigerian men for u sir,,, very sens*less, stvpid, wr*tched, po.or set of people,,, dey can never copy good things from foreign men only stvpid tins grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Be respectful to Nigerian men

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by muystoy(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2023
Did you do better when you were there,did you not pioneer the politics of do or die? Very useless man always acting like a saint as if you are not one of the destroyers of this country
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by shegra58: 6:56am On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Moh247: 6:56am On Jan 27, 2023
See who is talking... Baba Obasanjo and hypocrisy na 5 & 6
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Upton: 6:59am On Jan 27, 2023
I disagree. It was this same Atiku that told Delta people and Niger-Delta people that he chose their son Okowa as VP out of love and suggested that VP is a stepping stone to the presidency. Now he is telling south east that their best chance to presidency is to vote. Shows you this man is full of lies and deceit.

In my opinion, SE has a better shot at the presidency with APC than PDP. If after 24 years of supporting PDP, PDP didn’t even regard SE and someone from the zone didn’t emerge as 1 of the top 2 candidates in PDP primaries, then there is no hope in PDP. It gets to a point where you count a fruitless investment as a loss. SE investing in PDP is a loss. They should move on.

Their only hope is if a 3rd force makes it happen for them or alternatively they start investing heavily in APC. It may sound foolish but it’s the best.
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Spectrum22: 6:59am On Jan 27, 2023
Most Nigerians will prefer to insult their perceived opponents to submission rather than engage in fact-based argument.
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Iceberg3: 7:00am On Jan 27, 2023
Imagine the supposed responsible old man saying,

"....that one,for me to even mention his name is a disgrace to me".

Just imagine!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by oyichi: 7:00am On Jan 27, 2023
Yoruba moslems started it against Jonathan
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by oyichi: 7:03am On Jan 27, 2023
Iceberg3:
Imagine the supposed responsible old man saying,

"....that one,for me to even mention his name is a disgrace to me".

Just imagine!!!!
obasanjo is one man that you and your entire generation till the world ends will never be, you are not fit at all to even mention his name, nonsense
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by shimolv: 7:04am On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 27, 2023
That's because there is no difference between the candidates. All of them are the same in their policies, and in their programmes. We only have the word of their supporters that they are 'good', we don't have any indication as to why they are good.

In that kind of world, all that is left is abuse, insult and more abuse.
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by seguno2: 7:06am On Jan 27, 2023
habsydiamond:
Baba u no lie... but we self don know and we are ready to surprise those that think becoming the president of this nation is their birthright.

What moral authority does a useless old man like Obasanjo have to be sounding sanctimonious and righteously better than others?

Apart from being denounced by his own daughter for the nonsense letter to Jonathan that helped ThiefNuibu package his 2011 expired leadership into APC’s messiah four years later, did saint General Obasanjo prosecute the killers of his AGF Bola Ige? Did he? Instead of doing that, he made the highest suspect Omisore to senator from prison.

Obasanjo should simply STFU.

chino11:
You were the governor of Oyo State at the time Chief Ajibola Ige was murdered. What was your experience then?
It was a bitter experience. That very day was a Sunday. It was the day we had our Christmas carol at the Government House. It was a norman Sunday; everything was going on fine. The carol came and went from 4:15 to 6:00pm that day. And then everybody dispersed. As if I got a signal of what was coming, my speech that day was centred on security in Oyo State. I called on the Commissioner of Police and the Inspector General of Police to strengthen security in Oyo State because an old school mate, Engineer Adegeebo, had been assassinated near his house in Bodija a week earlier.

Every cleric went home and I retired to Government House. I played for some time. Then I went to my room to treat some files. I was doing that when suddenly the phone rang. It was land line we were using then. The operator said that somebody wanted to speak with me. Then I picked the call and it was a brother to my deputy. He said he was asked to tell me that Chief Bola Ige had been shot by some unknown assassins. I was confused immediately. I didn’t know what to do. But later I regained my strength and quickly went down without telling my wife what was happening. It was 9:55 pm. I sent for my PS because all the ADC and other security staff had gone to their places of abode. I told him to drive me in one of the private cars. Inside the car, I told him that Uncle Bola Ige had been shot by some gunmen, that I was going to check him at Catholic Hospital, Oluyoro. The man who informed said Ige was taken to Oluyoro.

The place I have been treading for over 60 years, I remember that I lost my way. I was just going round and round until I gained my consciousness again. Immediately the gateman saw me, he quickly opened the gate. There, we saw Uncle Dele Ige, who was already rolling on the ground. I went straight to the room where Bola Ige was lying. I saw marks of bullets on his body. He slept with his face up. He was somehow breathing but the breathing was abnormal. I saw where the bullet penetrated on the left side. I saw it myself. Uncle Bola Ige was wearing shirt and trousers. And I saw Muyiwa standing by the side of the bed. He was wailing. He appealed to me, saying: ”Uncle, please tell the doctor to wake up my Daddy. Tell him. The doctor can do it.” Then, I approached the doctor and asked him the situation. The doctor called me to one side and told me that he was dead. He said: “Sir, Your Excellency, Uncle is gone. There is nothing we can do. They shot him straight in the heart. He asked me not to tell Muyiwa.

I almost betrayed my emotion when I got back into the room where Uncle was lying with Muyiwa beside his bed. I just quickly gathered myself and told Muyiwa that I was going to see the head of the hospital. That was how I bolted away. I came back to the Government House to inform Mr. President, who was Obasanjo at that time.

By the time I was going upstairs to my room, to try and tell Operator to phone Mr. President for me, the phone was already ringing. When I got into my room, it was still ringing. I quickly picked it up and it was Obasanjo.
He the Operator said the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wants to talk to you. Then I asked him to put him on.
The question Obasanjo just asked was: “Is he certified dead?” I said: “Yes sir.” Then he dropped the phone. That was all. That was my experience. I can never forget that experience.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/30983-obasanjo%2C-pdp-knew-about-ige%26%23039%3Bs-death%E2%80%94lam-adesina.html
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Iceberg3: 7:07am On Jan 27, 2023
oyichi:
obasanjo is one man that you and your entire generation till the world ends will never be, you are not fit at all to even mention his name, nonsense

Who is this,what are you saying?

Did you even read what I posted?
Do you know who I referred to in my post?

Was Obasanjo the person that said,"to mention his name is a disgrace to me?"

I'm very sorry for you cos you have just laid a curse on yourself and your generation but I cancel it by the blood of Jesus but you still have to fast and pray for 3 days and ask God for forgiveness. you better say Amen and be very careful next time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by seguno2: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2023
Kobonaire4:
That's because there is no difference between the candidates. All of them are the same in their policies, and in their programmes. We only have the word of their supporters that they are 'good', we don't have any indication as to why they are good.

In that kind of world, all that is left is abuse, insult and more abuse.

Really no difference?
How many companies and sectors have been privatised and/or deregulated by APC since 2015, compared to PDP
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by ZombieSlayer1: 7:15am On Jan 27, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Why is obj beating around the bush? Be bold enough to direct your thought to the Obidients whom there incompetent and lying lord you endorsed.
I'm 100% certain that if obj is bold enough to do that, he go collect premium insults from the Obidients that have sworn never that utilize the immature brain they have
You urchins know Obi is the man for the job but stupidity won't allow you admit it.

The only mantra you guys have for tinubu is this "he built Lagos" bullshit
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by ZombieSlayer1: 7:17am On Jan 27, 2023
oyichi:
the person you replied to is quoting tinubu
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by seguno2: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2023
oyichi:

Why should any sensible person want to be anything like useless Obasanjo who says what he does not know, just to remain relevant in the eyes of uneducated people with shabbily low expectations of those allowed to occupy our public space?
Are you sure that you know what you are saying about Baba Iyabo

Buhari not sound in economy, foreign affairs —Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by oneclickng: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

I will marry you, to reset your mindset
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by seguno2: 7:20am On Jan 27, 2023
datola:
Obasanjo will always have an opinion. As if when he had the opportunity to correct things he used it well.

May God bless you richly for this wisdom boss.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 27, 2023
seguno2:

Really no difference?
How many companies and sectors have been privatised and/or deregulated by APC since 2015, compared to PDP

All in all there is no difference.

Subsidies...all still in place

Subsidy removal...all three candidates say the same thing

Taxation: tax to gdp has been poor whatever the party. Also tax uptake rates have been poor .

General level of life...the same. The same complaints I heard under army rule are the same thing people grumble about under civilan rule.
Argument for president....basically for Obi..igbo turn, Tinubu, yourba turn, then the usual religion nonsense.

We need a whole new way to do governance and democracy here.
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by seguno2: 7:23am On Jan 27, 2023
Dshocker:
Exactly my point.

Too many skeleton in their cupboards, exposing themselves at the expense of the people.

The evil party APC and PDP are guilty of this.

Please allow and permit me to remind you that Peter Obi was in PDP for almost 10 years after abandoning APGA, until wailing Wike pushed him out.

2023: PDP and politics of healing Wike’s self-inflicted injury

Then, the race began in earnest for three years now, reaching a frenzy with the works of the two PDP committees on zoning. The first was the Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi committee on the zoning of the PDP party offices. The Ugwuanyi committee quickly told the world the committee’s assignment did not cover zoning the office of the president. Though this was true, the question is: why didn’t the Ugwuanyi committee zone the PDP chairmanship to the North without aligning it to the divide that would produce the PDP presidential flag-bearer? The second committee headed by Gov Samuel Ortom of Benue state was specifically on the zoning of the presidential ticket and, with the votes of the representatives of all the 17 Southern states without any exception, the Committee unanimously recommended throwing open the PDP presidential ticket, which the PDP NEC simply upheld.

One thing irrefutably stands out – Wike shot himself in the leg. Here was a man who had an overarching influence on both committees but could not insist that the ticket be zoned South. Many had wondered why? The reason is also relatively in plain sight: the Southeast factor. As the clamour for zoning of the presidential ticket of the PDP to South reached its crescendo, many had pointed out the fact that though the PDP Constitution had prescribed zoning of the office of the president to be between North and South since the South-west and South-south had taken their turns in producing the president and the vice in this current dispensation in the persons of Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan, zoning this time around, should not just be to the South but the Southeast.

Atiku Abubakar went a step further by offering to step down from the race if it would be agreed that the touted zoning to the South would mean micro-zoning to the Southeast. Wike and the rest could not take the Atiku challenge maybe because Atiku would likely back Peter Obi, who was his vice-presidential running mate in 2019 and an ally. The prospects of Peter Obi picking the ticket if PDP zoned South was so real compelling Wike to go for an open contest, believing he could pick it up ahead of Atiku, Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed, given his large war chest.

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-pdp-and-politics-of-healing-wikes-self-inflicted-injury/amp
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by seguno2: 7:26am On Jan 27, 2023
Kobonaire4:

All in all there is no difference.

Subsidies...all still in place

Subsidy removal...all three candidates say the same thing

Taxation: tax to gdp has been poor whatever the party. Also tax uptake rates have been poor .

General level of life...the same. The same complaints I heard under army rule are the same thing people grumble about under civilan rule.

We need a whole new way to do governance and democracy here.

So how many people have you worked to convince about the need for this whole new way of governance and democracy here?

Depending on your age, and your complaints that the parties and politicians are not different, will you accept your failure to convince enough people to your new ways
Re: Obasanjo: Political Campaigns In Nigeria Has Been Overtaken By Insults by DrAkpamudehe: 7:28am On Jan 27, 2023
Paulpeterobi:
Thank almighty for preparing your Son Peter Gregory Obi for the moment

Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Electoral Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading In The House Of Reps (Proposal) / A Night At A Lagos Police Station / Yahaya Bello And Sultan Of Sokoto At National Security Seminar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.