Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja (22457 Views)

₦‎300 Billion Fraud Controversy In NDDC Unsettles Niger Deltans / Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid Stirs Controversy In Lagos APC / Governor Okowa Celebrates Neo And Dorathy For “Avoiding Controversy” In BBNaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by NaughtyBrainiac: 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
Jagaban
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Diligent1(f): 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
Omihanifa:
From the way he was talking in abeokuta, its clear buhari no too send am, the tone of his voice shows either he's on drugs or he's health is failing so bad.
Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Honourable1901(m): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Diligent1(f): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Racoon:
However, since the campaigns started, public speeches and appearances have tended to point to weaknesses in his current physical and intellectual make-up. For one, he is widely seen as a gaffe machine given the incoherent statements he has made on the podium.

For another, his performance at Chatham House, London where he delegated associates to answer questions posed to him, gave rise to credibility questions around his fitness for Nigeria’s top job

Guess this is the same Bola Tinubu the senseless Lagos APC Organising Secretary- Adewale said Tinubu was employing “swag” to get attention of Nigerians and this was mistaken for incoherent speech.
Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by GiveAwayTeeDoll: 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Baba comedy
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by juman(m): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
He tried to ride on popular believe. Expect more of that.

I remember during their campaign how trump deputy said many things contradictory to trump campaign statements.
Politics.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Calenikan(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Kingzeez10: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
NwaIdeato:
The chimpanzee looking iragbiji criminal go hear am from Emefiele next month, no free loot to share this time as that side don cast 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Bold of you to think a man like Tinubu go dey fear Emefiele
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Juanmike(m): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
Osidazz19:
Cry and wail all you want, Tinubu is a master genius.
The man knows how to beat these mumus at their own game.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next President of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
And when he wins:; what will become of you?
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by TheOgaBoss: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
yarimo:
That is a good leader he spoke on behalf of the poor. As for buhari, this is next president of Nigeria
no, he spoke as a selfish person, his motivations were purely personal, he was only concerned because it affected his chances of election, not because he was concerned about the effects on the masses.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by AdaojoTheUrchin: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ckonnet:
I pray jagaban doesn't win but I respect his tenacity and ruggedness. Nwoke but metal!!!

With the kind of billions 💰💸💸 💰 he has stolen to last his generation a lifetime, anybody can be rugged.

The Igbos say 'Aku na esi Obi Ike'...i.e 'Wealth makes a man courageous'.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Angelfrost(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
yarimo:
That is a good leader he spoke on behalf of the poor. As for buhari, this is next president of Nigeria

Tinubu spoke on behalf of the poor!

The sheer irony and duplicity of that statement must be lost on you! grin
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Hussein035: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
Mylesojo:
Datti and Obi have what it takes to transform Nigeria and take it to the next level.

I believe in my great country Nigeria with the right leadership and economic policies.

Vote the man that has a proven record of good economic policies that has transformed Lagos you will be complaining..

The obituary policies in Anambra made Anambra the hub of Africa poverty yet you want us to vote Obi. Are you even thinking before typing

1 Like

Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Chetas81(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
Racoon:
See how Tinubu got caught between the devil and deep blue sea
hhhhhhhmmmmm you can imagine
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Josh109: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

With the kind of billions 💰💸💸 💰 he has stolen to last his generation a lifetime, anybody can be rugged.

The Igbos say 'Aku na esi Obi Ike'...i.e 'Wealth makes a man courageous'.
the money he stole from anambra puls abi...mad man.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Chetas81(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
ONLY SICK CITIZENS WHO ENJOYED BEING SICK WILL SUPPORT APC AND PEOPLE INSIDE THE PARTY BECAUSE I SEE NO REASON SOMEONE WHO BELIEVED IN TITLE TO LEAD NIGERIAN TO UNREST
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Gozac: 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hussein035:

Vote the man that has a proven record of good economic policies that has transformed Lagos you will be complaining..

The obituary policies in Anambra made Anambra the hub of Africa poverty yet you want us to vote Obi. Are you even thinking before typing
I didn't know that you people do solicit for votes, I thought Jagaban is already the president 🤣😂😆😅🤣
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by AdaojoTheUrchin: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
Josh109:
the money he stole from anambra puls abi...mad man.

Go school first, dirty agbero.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by muniralmaigida: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
grin Except my Fiancee
Enemyofpeace:
If Tinubu wins this election, God forbid, Nigerians go hear am, Buhari own go be child's play compared to Tinubu’s government

They have married all the
Serious girls finish is only
"My gas has finish, I need 2k and I have not Eaten" remain 🙆😭
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by InvertedHammer: 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
/

He didn't stoke any controversy.

For the past 8 years, Nigeria has been in a total mess.
High inflation, high unemployment, fuel scarcity, minimal power generation, decaying infrastructures, insecurity, just to mention a few. He chose to be mute. Election is around the corner and he has finally found his voice because he is a contestant. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. People are supporting him for amount of money that won't last more than a month. Let them continue. The losers are the ones who seem bothered. Nigerians deserve the suffering.

/
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by maasoap(m): 4:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
EKONGKING:
This election is increasingly looking like Atiku vs Obi.
Tinubu like kwankwaso is looking like a regional candidate
If buhari is so much anti to tinubu .how will he get votes in the north.buhari popularity as well as government machinery made north, a strong hold of APC .
Forget all the nonsense of governors supporting tinubu , so tinubu will win .firstly they became governors due to buhari popularity and secondly they don't control the election machinary.

grin grin grin
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by liasmiram2567: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
[3 author=Kennitrust post=120424350]From Atikulator to #OBIdiency - Why #PeterObi Is Indisputably the Best Candidate
By Ogunmekpon Sharafa

I may be biased, but in my lifetime, I have never seen a frontrunner Nigerian politician release anything as clear, comprehensive, solid, reasonable/optimal, and inspiring as #PeterObi's Manifesto.

This #PeterObi's Manifesto is unbelievably good. There's absolutely no good reason not to support this man.

Even if we put aside antecedents, track record of character, and performance, none of the presidential candidates has expressed anything as good as his.

That thread/release is immense in many:

First of all, it is solidly comprehensive and detailed. It is sufficiently addressed,
what needs to be done, how it is going to be done, and why it should be done.

But much more than this, and very impressive for a Nigerian politician, he addresses issues which are extremely fundamental, and the proffered solutions are sound. I can confidently say I have never seen this combination from a Nigerian politician before.

Finally, the release isn't just a drab droning of policy minutiae, instead it's a clear, cogent explanation of the cause, and remedies for the biggest and most fundamental issues of the country.

On top of all these, it is brilliantly inspiring. As you guys know, I'm not the most sanguine person, and I'm usually jaded, especially on issues of the country.

However for the first time in my life, here's a leader who actually gets it. He isn't just saying trite stuff about how other politicians are corrupt; he isn't just saying he will 'create' jobs and build hospitals. He is brilliantly addressing the heart of our issues with the right complexity and seriousness, and for the first time, I feel hope that we can materially improve.

My opinions on this election, and leading candidates have been fairly public; I started out with qualified support of Atiku, and felt he was the good choice even after Obi declared.

However between now and then, my estimation of Obi, both in his capacity to perform as president and in his chances to win the elections have risen massively. With the release of his manifesto, and then this, coupled with the brilliance and noteworthiness of his gubernatorial terms, it is now clear, that he is indisputably the best candidate in the election.

I do not say this lightly; there is no basis by which any other candidate compares to him. Both from his antecedents and campaign content- manifesto, releases, interviews, rallies, speeches, it is clear that this is by far the best candidate and no one is remotely close to him.

The last eight odd years have been terrible for us as Nigerians. In 2015, fresh graduates used to be able to vacation in Dubai, and buy cars after a few years. Now, no one can buy a new car in Nigeria; think about it. In a country of over 200 million people, buying a new car is simply out of the reach of everyone, and I mean everyone; bank managers can't, oil company workers can't, MNC folks can't.

These aren't even nearly the worst setbacks and degradations we have experienced, it's just an easy one to illustrate.

Even the most ardent APC supporters will have to admit that the country has gotten materially worse. Even if their individual lives have improved (mine has, fortunately), in the recesses of their minds, they must still recognise that they would be doing much more better if the country was at its 2015 levels.

If there's anything we've learned from 2015, it should be that things can always get way worse. In the, deserved, rage about the state of things in 2015, we forgot that, and paid for it dearly, by effectively jumping from a ditch into a rapid precariously close to a cliff.

We forgot that the primary assignment in an election is to compare and select the best. Whatever reservations you have against a candidate, if it's probable that others will be significantly worse, you select that candidate.

We're at another juncture, where we have to make a big decision. All the information that we need is available.

We finally have a chance to correct our error of 2015; we can start to recover on lost ground, and save ourselves from the seemingly unavoidable regression into doom.

The elections may not be as fair and transparent as we would like, but as citizens let us all do our part, and give Nigeria hope of a new path, a new lease on life. Let's give our younger ones a fighting chance of having a country they can believe in and base their hopes on.

The path because us is clear and simple; vote Peter Obi as president in the 2023 elections. For the good of the country, there's no other choice.

For once as a country let us side with ourselves, and combine to make things better[/quote]

You are entitled to your opinion buy stop spreading falsehood in the process of selling your candidate- which graduate travelled to Dubai or bought new car in 2015? May be those lucky few that got employed by oil companies ,communication companies or multinational companies.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by MikeofAfrica: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
Osidazz19:
Cry and wail all you want, Tinubu is a master genius.
The man knows how to beat these mumus at their own game.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next President of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

Tinubu was the one wailing in abeokuta that he has been checkmated and sabotage by the cabals.

The northern Governors that won the primary for him are gradually withdrawing themselves from him.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by MikeofAfrica: 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hussein035:

Anambra state has the highest number of wealthy men in Nigeria. Peter Obi laid the foundation upon which many of these men built their businesses.

For instance, Peter Obi regime empowered Mr. Innocent Chukwuma to produce brand new cars hence creating jobs for thousands of youth. Without Obi, there will be no innoson cars.

However instead of empowering youths in Lagos with business skills like Peter Obi, Tinubu empowered them with Canes and asked them to be harrasing and collecting taxes from poor traders , drivers and hawkers in Lagos.

Hence Lagos is today rated as the second worst city for a person to live in the entire world. That is the fallout of Tinubu legacy in Lagos.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Padipadi(m): 4:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Racoon:
However, since the campaigns started, public speeches and appearances have tended to point to weaknesses in his current physical and intellectual make-up. For one, he is widely seen as a gaffe machine given the incoherent statements he has made on the podium.

For another, his performance at Chatham House, London where he delegated associates to answer questions posed to him, gave rise to credibility questions around his fitness for Nigeria’s top job

Guess this is the same Bola Tinubu the senseless Lagos APC Organising Secretary- Adewale said Tinubu was employing “swag” to get attention of Nigerians and this was mistaken for incoherent speech.
You brought out different parts of the write up for analysis.
Don't worry, Tinubu ll win. People like you ll become ashamed soon.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by lailo: 4:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Brian47:
How is fuel scarcity a plan to stop you from winning?
Because I don't understand that part.
It means u are dull. Fuel scarcity especially during the build up to national election will bring hardship to people and will affect only the candidate of the ruling party. It is a great gain and something to use to campaign by other parties. Tinubu/APC will become less popular due to hardship occasioned by fuel scarcity while ATIKU-PDP, OBI-LP and others become the beneficiaries of APC's electoral misfortune. Hope u now understand.

1 Like

Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Laple0541(m): 4:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Tinubu is the only candidate that can confront and defeat with the (Northern) cabal truncating the development of this country.

Forget Obi, they will eat him like a broiler chicken, forget Atiku, he is one and important member of them, for Buhari, he's too naive politically to stand them. His wife Aisha saw this long ago and cried out but they silenced her.

Tinubu is the only candidate this cabal see as obstacle and they are trying every means possible to stop him. They did that during the APC primaries and he outsmarted them, there they are again doing everything they can to stop him but God will again grant him victory.

You may be too naive, tribalistic or religiously stupid to understand this but the fact remains Tinubu is the only rugged and bold candidate among the major contenders who can deal with the devilish cabal truncating the development of our beloved country.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by shimolv: 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by millionaireman: 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
Racoon:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/again-ahmed-tinubu-stokes-controversy-in-abeokuta/

Tinubu is like the proverbial blind man who doesn't understand that the wood of breadfruit tree had been shared.
Tinubu is yet to accept the REALITY that no country can accept a former drug trafficking offender caught in the US, of all places, to preside over it in today's world.
Re: Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja by Osidazz19: 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Tinubu was the one wailing in abeokuta that he has been checkmated and sabotage by the cabals.

The northern Governors that won the primary for him are gradually withdrawing themselves from him.

Same way you guys said that he has lost it during the primary when he said EMILOKAN in Abeokuta. grin
Obviously, you keep under estimating the intelligence and brilliance of Tinubu. Dey play play until he's sworn in.
Just wait and see. We shall see very soon, won't we...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPP Protests Against Governor Ganduje's Pardon Of 12 Death Row Inmates / Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian / 2023: Disquiet In PDP Over Atiku’s Continuous Stay In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.