Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create (31710 Views)

C & I Leasing Says It Is Leveraging On Tech For Operational Efficiency / "Tourism Has Potentials To Drive Africa's Economic Growth" - FUBARA / 4 Untapped Online Business Ideas In Nigeria - Nigerianonlinebusiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Evergreen12345(f): 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
this one don collect low-key beating grin
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by ogbu80(m): 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
why is bet9ja not in the list?

4 Likes

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by emonis88: 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
nothingmega122:
Flutterwave
Flutterwave that people's money has bn fleeced through?
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by yemyke001(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
Releaf
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Burchester: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
That’s nice
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by SeaTrade(m): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
Which wealth all these tech companies Don create for Nigeria?
You no dey talk of Dangote group weh Don use cement create retail billionaires,dey talk of tech fraudsters whose only source of income is investors grin

5 Likes

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Iretii0511(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Surprised Decagon is not on this list. Decagon has done so much for Nigeria’s tech. Decagon should have replaced Andela on this list.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by muyico(m): 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Dangote nko?
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by CodeTemplar: 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
BloomingDale:
White man colonizing black man all over again. 😀😀 They only get mouth where woman dey. Yeye dey smell.
colonise yourself too.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Schoolguy9(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2023
Pwan Group.

Enriching people through real estate!

www.pwanultimate.com
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by CheedyJ(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
BloomingDale:

How? Remember, we have fish and chicken brain. We leave that to you guys, the intelligent ones.
It's your thought & idea so, I'll leave it to you take the lead.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Barims(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2023
BloomingDale:
White man colonizing black man all over again. 😀😀 They only get mouth for where woman dey.

Shut up Eran🐐

1 Like

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Barims(m): 8:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
AkioluGraceObi:
THIS WICKED AND HEARTLESS GOVERNMENT KEEP DOING AND KEEP USING EVERYTHING TO FRUSTRATE IT CITIZENS,

I SPOKE WITH MY ROLE MODEL (PRINCESS),

AND SHE TOLD ME HOW SHE HAS CALLED SOME PEOPLE IN SOME VILLAGES, (BECAUSE OF HER NATIONWIDE EXPOSURE)

SHE SAID THAT MANY VILLAGES HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN THE NEW NAIRA NOTES,AND MANY OF THIS VILLAGES DON'T HAVE BANKS,THEY DO BUSINESS IN CASH,SO HOW WILL THEY COPE.

PLEASE WE PLEAD FOR EXTENSION.

Does this forum looks like CBN website?
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Osariemen12: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
Reinaldo:
Paystack, Flutterwave?

The OP isn't writing about scams. Has Flutterwave been acquitted of its flood case in Kenya.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Truthshscrazy: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
wink
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by N3TRAL: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
Dangote, BUA, MTN, Airtel, Multichoice, Julius Berger, Globacom, God is Good Motors (logistic and transport companies of same Calibre), Air Peace, Commercial Banks, Living Faith Church, Dunamis Church, Betnaija, Nairabet, Sportybet, Bolt, Uber, etc.

Jumia or whatever comes a distant 500 in Nigeria.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by millionaireman: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
BabaCommander:
Apha beta no dey dis?

Oh ok, Apha beta is not creating wealth but rather draining wealth

And the wealth of Alfa- beta drains into these hard-drugs tainted teeth, the rest is reserved for buying presidential election for e mi lokan.
More of e mi lokan's wealth were stolen from Federal Inland Revenue Service where his boy, Fowler, bossed for more than 5 years.
FIRS is the 2nd largest money spinner after crude oil, in Nigeria.

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by everythinggirly(f): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
It's only the people that are working there, receiving good salaries I would say congratulations to. We keep consuming their products. Sensible companies. 😁🥸
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Gudiza(m): 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Reelmii:
Jumia is really making alot
Amazon is coming to challenge them soon
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by VULCAN(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
At least you know you have a Small Dick.

What you don't know is that you also have a Small Brain.

SmallDick99:
Go outside your street and campaign for obi, Obi has already won on Twitter and nairaland, if not I see u crying on November 26th
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by SeaTrade(m): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
N3TRAL:
Dangote, BUA, MTN, Airtel, Multichoice, Julius Berger, Globacom, God is Good Motors (logistic and transport companies of same Calibre), Air Peace, Commercial Banks, Living Faith Church, Dunamis Church, Betnaija, Nairabet, Sportybet, Bolt, Uber, etc.

Jumia or whatever comes a distant 500 in Nigeria.
Commot commercial banks from this your list.
New wealth cannot be created at 30-33% interest rate P.A.This can only work for existing concerns and hence we can't possibly say wealth was created in this case ,since its always been there.
Nigerian commercial banks and the CBN is the two things keeping Nigerians poor.Quote me anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by N3TRAL: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
SeaTrade:
Commot commercial banks from this your list.
New wealth cannot be created at 30-33% interest rate P.A.This can only work for existing concerns and hence we can't possibly say wealth was created in this case ,since its always been there.
Nigerian commercial banks and the CBN is the two things keeping Nigerians poor.Quote me anywhere.

You're very right. That's why the commercial banks didn't come first on my random listing which had Dangote on top.

I listed commercial banks because I think they provide sources of income to people more than the tech companies/ startups listed in the article.

I wasn't thinking in direction of loans. I was thinking in the direction of POS businesses littered across our streets. 80% of those businesses get their machines and setup from commercial banks. Some commercial banks run affiliate businesses. For instance, there is a First Bank programme that people living in rural areas can register for which makes them perform the functions of a First Bank branch on a small scale since there aren't banks near them and the locals cannot transport themselves to the nearest branch conveniently.

In terms of interest rates like you said, it's a big "NO" from our commercial banks.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by SeaTrade(m): 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2023
N3TRAL:

You're very right. That's why the commercial banks didn't come first on my random listing which had Dangote on top.

I listed commercial banks because I think they provide sources of income to people more than the tech companies/ startups listed in the article.

I wasn't thinking in direction of loans. I was thinking in the direction of POS businesses littered across our streets. 80% of those businesses get their machines and setup from commercial banks. Some commercial banks run affiliate businesses. For instance, there is a First Bank programme that people living in rural areas can register for which makes them perform the functions of a First Bank branch on a small scale since there aren't banks near them and the locals cannot transport themselves to the nearest branch conveniently.

In terms of interest rates like you said, it's a big "NO" from our commercial banks.
True sha looking at it from the POS angle.

1 Like

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by SugarGirl44(f): 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
And the loudest hairy chested tribe on the continent is not among the names of the founders?
Oh sorry they’re not talking about drugs and fake products here.
Ok bye.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by SugarGirl44(f): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
BabaCommander:
Apha beta no dey dis?

Oh ok, Apha beta is not creating wealth but rather draining wealth

Coming from someone whose father wasn’t able to create a company that produces common toothpick, someone whose father’s only creation is some sour sperm which ended up resulting in this waste product we’re managing on Nairaland.
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by adaperry25: 9:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
RealLordZeus:
Jumia that has been declaring loss every year
How do they manage to pay workers..
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by RealLordZeus(m): 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
adaperry25:

How do they manage to pay workers..
Investors money
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by steeltrust: 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
(Laundry on the go)LOGO

Coming soon by Gods grace
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by chinemezeq: 11:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
CheedyJ:

You can lead the charge to colonize the whites too na abi u dey fear ni
tell them, I hate where they are blaming the white men as if they are better than them in many angles
Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by caye(m): 7:20am On Jan 28, 2023
Nice one.
We the younger and middle generation need to start developing companies that target the particular needs of our different countries in Africa.
We can't wait any longer for these old men who have gone insane to restructure our countries; old men who are only waiting for death and have nothing to lose anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create by Cromagnon: 7:37am On Jan 28, 2023
Afro3:
Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create Wealth

The African continent is home to a wealth of untapped potentials, and many companies are working to unlock these wealth lying fallow in the continent. From revolutionizing agriculture and financial inclusion to driving technological advancement and economic growth, these organizations are playing a vital role in transforming Africa. In this op-ed, we will take a closer look at five major companies leading the charge on Africa's development.

*Jumia:* Founded by Sacha Poignonnec and Jeremy Hodara, Jumia is Africa's leading e-commerce platform. With operations in over 14 countries, Jumia is revolutionizing the way people shop and access goods and services on the continent. The company's CEO, Sacha Poignonnec, has been recognized for his work in driving innovation and growth in Africa's e-commerce sector.

*M-KOPA:* Founded by Nick Hughes, Jesse Moore, and Chad Larson, M-KOPA is a leading provider of pay-as-you-go solar power systems for off-grid households in Africa. With over 500,000 customers, the company is helping to bring clean and reliable energy to some of the continent's most remote areas. CEO Nick Hughes has been recognized for his work in driving the adoption of clean energy in Africa.

*Andela:* Founded by Christina Sass, Ian Carnevale, and Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, Andela is a global talent accelerator that trains and connects top developers in Africa to companies around the world. The company's CEO, Christina Sass, has been recognized for her work in empowering African talent and driving economic growth on the continent.

*Tingo Inc:* Founded by Dozy Mmobuosi, Tingo Inc is an innovative company that aims to empower small-scale farmers and rural communities in Africa through access to markets, information, and technology. The company's Nwassa platform is a leading digital agriculture ecosystem in Africa, providing farmers with access to market and product buyers. Through its work, Tingo Inc is helping to improve agricultural productivity and reduce poverty in Africa.

*Afrocentric:* Founded by Chuka Ofong, Afrocentric is a fintech company that is leveraging technology to increase financial inclusion in Africa. The company's mobile-based platform allows people to access financial services and conduct transactions, regardless of their location or access to traditional banking services. CEO Chuka Ofong has been recognized for his work in driving financial inclusion in Africa.

These companies are just a few examples of the many organizations that are working to transform Africa. Their founders and CEOs are among the many visionaries who are driving innovation and development on the continent. They have set out to solve some of Africa's most pressing problems and are making a real impact in the lives of millions of people. As we look to the future, it is clear that Africa has the potential to be a major player on the global stage, and these companies and many others like them will play a vital role in making that happen.
wealth transfer from poor to rich not wealth creation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Guys Still Does This? / Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.