Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) (24904 Views)

2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by GiveAwayTeeDoll: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Bala bulu go dey ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by CaptainFM1: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
BoStar:
Probably after election 🤣

We are doomed!
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by emkz: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2023
Calibrator:
Don't know why Sanwo-Olu is campaigning, in all honesty, the dude doesn't have any opposition.

He is like the Bayern Munich of Lagos Bundesliga in this forthcoming election.... PDP should do better if they want to ever win Lagos..

Very weak oppositions.
Not a APC supporter or sympathiser... Just saying the truth as it is!

Those opposed to Sanwo-Olu are after Tinubu. They think Tinubu is the one on the ballot.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Sleekfingers: 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2023
Calibrator:
Don't know why Sanwo-Olu is campaigning, in all honesty, the dude doesn't have any opposition.

He is like the Bayern Munich of Lagos Bundesliga in this forthcoming election.... PDP should do better if they want to ever win Lagos..

Very weak oppositions.

Sanwo olu just wan give boys see small money..... He is not really campaigning for his reelection.....the focus is on Tinubu election........

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by mcfestgee: 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2023
emkz:

Those opposed to Sanwo-Olu are after Tinubu. They think Tinubu is the one on the ballot.
think it's high time we stop attacking ourselves in the south. The north have come together to give the mandate to Atiku. Bubu is dancing towards this direction.

This they will actualize through the greediness of the south politicians.

The only way to ensure power does not shift to the north is that the two frontrunners in the south is to agree to step down for each other. North alone cannot produce the president, they need the cooperation of a region in the south which Tinubu help them to achieve in 2015.

I will suggest Tinubu swallow some pride, step down for Obi because the northerners around him don't want him, they just want to eat his money. Also, Tinubu has so much baggage that does not appeal to youth and the elighteened Nigerians that formed the bulk of this year's election.

Once again, the North at last, last whether in PDP or APC Will rally round Atiku. That is why you hear APC decamping to PDP every day in the North.

Let South West stop insulting south East and let South East stop insulting south west.

I come in peace.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Peterobifailed: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ennoloa:
As a Christian, if you are supporting BAT [Muslim - Muslim]

You need to watch this and see how the north sees you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFTz4Ms06I

Vote a balanced ticket

No where in the world would Muslim-Muslim condemn the killings of Christians

Vote wisely
Vote Labour Party
I will vote wisely I will vote atiku/okowa Muslim/Christian ticket

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Ennoloa: 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
Peterobifailed:
I will vote wisely I will vote atiku/okowa Muslim/Christian ticket
SPV money would reach you

Good luck on your candidate
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Dchampion65: 1:23am On Jan 28, 2023
16 governorship candidates shouting change in Lagos state but cant come together to form a strong opposition.

Bunch of selfish and self centered candidates.

Anyway, we are pleased with Sanwo Olu.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by 7arrows: 1:24am On Jan 28, 2023
Scream:
If Jide is debating, why is his baba not debating?! Well, let me not pretend not to know why. Res ipsa loquitur!

His baba has nothing to say because he knows nothing.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by shegz24(m): 6:18am On Jan 28, 2023
It's a good thing that the debate is held by channels TV not that biased Arise nonsense.

They just have to have no physical audience to avoid any form of bias or selective support for any of the debaters.

Meanwhile, I wonder what Vivour will say about Jandor/PDP given they've never ruled Lagos in any capacity.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by jahsharon: 11:54am On Jan 28, 2023
copyrites:
It is Ok for Jide, a one term governor to debate for a reelection but a man who has never been anything at the federal level wants to cat walk with his questionable mental state to Aso rock without any form of scrutiny.

Nigerians will never allow such.

The Lion does not sit with Dogs and Baboons. Emiulokan Tinubu the Lion of Bourdillon will never sit with Peter Obituari (dog) nor Atikulation (baboon)

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
Brilliant.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by adioolayi(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
The candidates have been fantastic so far...

In terms of eloquence...Funsho Doherty , Gbadebo Rhodes..Jandor...

In terms of real life workable solution to issues..
Jandor...Rhodes...Doherty..

In that order so far..

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by sukkot: 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
shocked ALL YORUBA on thee list. guess it aint no mans land grin

princeoflagos bia nwokem chikwenddu i no ssee ya name for list oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by baby124: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
All these people that only graduated secondary school want to govern a state like Lagos. Are they Maad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Newton2024: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ennoloa:
As a Christian, if you are supporting BAT [Muslim - Muslim]

You need to watch this and see how the north sees you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFTz4Ms06I

Vote a balanced ticket

No where in the world would Muslim-Muslim condemn the killings of Christians

Vote wisely
Vote Labour Party
We Yoruba Christians will never vote Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree. Christians are not minority, slaves, or second class citizens in Nigeria. Muslim-Muslim ticket is a big insult to we Yoruba Christians and we shall punish Tinubu for that.

"We cannot appoint Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin Laden as vice president," -- Senator Dino Melaye.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
The Lagos state governorship election will be a tough one for APC because incidence forms have been cancel.This is what APC has been using to rig election and retain Lagos state.
Maybe they will develop another rigging plan.
I don't think vote buying can save sanwo olu.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by reddingtonblack: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
copyrites:
It is Ok for Jide, a one term governor to debate for a reelection but a man who has never been anything at the federal level wants to cat walk with his questionable mental state to Aso rock without any form of scrutiny.

If the National debate is the right course why did Atiku and Peter obi abandon arisetv and opted for Townhalling meetings just like Tinubu.

Tinubu was doing the wrong thing but the Obi & Atiku doing the right thing left it and switch over to Tinubu way ...

why should Nigerians settle for copycats when the real pace setter is very much in the race wink

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by iyke2ken(m): 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
This is not the intelligent take that you think it is. Are you seriously arguing against the benefit of a national debate for a presidential election, in a democracy?

reddingtonblack:

If the National debate is the right course why did Atiku and Peter obi abandon arisetv and opted for Townhalling meetings just like Tinubu.

Tinubu was doing the wrong thing but the Obi & Atiku doing the right thing left it and switch over to Tinubu way ...

why should Nigerians settle for copycats when the real pace setter is very much in the race wink
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by adioolayi(m): 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
Revolution2022:
The Lagos state governorship election will be a tough one for APC because incidence forms have been cancel.This is what APC has been using to rig election and retain Lagos state.
Maybe they will develop another rigging plan.
I don't think vote buying can save sanwo olu.

Sanwoolu is loved....he will win because other political parties have no presence so to say in Lagos. No clear cut very formidable opposition right now...not that the candidates are not good, no, their political structure is not just strong enough right now

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by victorsola: 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
copyrites:

the constitution never says you have to attend any debate to win . So therefore it’s a matter of choice plus those town halls are not diff from balablu or hulaba or hulabalu. From opposition parties.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Lionmachala(m): 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Calibrator:

Very weak oppositions.

Tell them.... Politics in Nigeria is a Fix GAME
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by beejay4all(m): 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
Watching it live. Where is Sanwo-olu I no he we not be present on the debate

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by CursedOsuPigs: 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
copyrites:

]Biafrans will never allow such.

We don't need the insignificant 5%

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
Okay.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by Sheggy13(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Imagine this PDP candidate, from WAEC straight to MBA no degree. American wonder.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by TheOgaBoss: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Yaribanzaonic:
Jide Sanwolu is debating for Lagos State...but THIEFNUBUU says ASO ROCK is emilokan?/ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

sawo olu may not be participating
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/surulere-shooting-sanwo-olu-pulls-out-of-debate-after-viral-video/amp/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by reddingtonblack: 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2023
iyke2ken:
This is not the intelligent take that you think it is. Are you seriously arguing against the benefit of a national debate for a presidential election, in a democracy?

What benefit ?? i am srsly curious ... is it the 1st of its kind or do i need to remind you we are both stuck in a country where "Words" means no jackshit.
Incase you don't know our politicians are learned tew, they've evolve tew such that they understudy what the elites want to hear and thats what they will preach , infact these days you can just get a consulting firm to write manifestos that will resonante the same mindset as the elites.

Its time we stop fantasizing on what politicians have to say and let there track record be the decider of best candidate.
Nigerians easily lie and politicians are pro
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate (Live Updates) by NoToPile: 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
ednut1:
who remembers this man from turning point. omo we don old o grin

Immediately I saw the name Victor oladokun turning point came to mind, saw the picture and confirmed, he's aged gracefully.
Turning point, 700 club. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Sets Up N50M For Baby Whose Parents Were Killed By Don Wanny's Gang. Photos / Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers / Wike Orders Prosecution Of Amaechi, Cole Over Alleged Sale Of Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.