Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Department Of Interior Decorations - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Department Of Interior Decorations (29156 Views)

Poll: What tickles you most about interior decorations?

expensive furniture: 10% (3 votes)
neat and orderly arrangement: 37% (11 votes)
colour combination: 10% (3 votes)
a clean house: 17% (5 votes)
a lot of space between furnitures: 6% (2 votes)
the lighting: 3% (1 vote)
electrical gadgets: 3% (1 vote)
I hate it indoors, love outdoors: 0% (0 votes)
wall paintings and its arrangement: 6% (2 votes)
none of the above: 3% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

The Best POP Designs At Affordable Prices With Our Interior Decorations / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Are You In Need Of Interior Decorations service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2011
What is it that blows you away immediately you step into a house? Is it the neat arrangement of the house and the furniture it contains, or the colour combination which makes you wanna lie down and sleep? How about those set of seats, the sofa, the carpets, the lighting, the dining arrangement or just what?

It will be of no use for you to spend millions or sometimes billions of Naira building that mansion and not being able to enjoy it due to a wrong arrangement or worse still, a low sense of artistry when it comes to combining different furniture types and utilizing space. Do you love wall displays, like artworks and symbolic paintings that speaks volumes without making a sound?

Whatever it is you want to do with your interiors, look at these designs and pick one or two ideas, my mission on this thread is to stimulate your desire, to stretch your imagination and add glitz and glamor to home building. I want to be a complete builder, not only the brick and mortar stuff but the intricate, sensitive and delicate aspects of a home. I will be showing some pictures and prices here and hope some of my clients will love some of these works and order them. I will be working with some Nigerian craftsmen to showcase their works and bring them up to the international audience.

Pictures to follow soon, hey, lay back and enjoy yourselves will ya? cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by Pukkah: 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2011
Waiting.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by jerryben12: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
Neat and lightly furnished house brings out the smiley in me.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2011
color combination could be a turn off as well could make me wanna come in . . . .Keep it simple and neat
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2011
Waiting too, this is where I can really contribute. Based on graphic artist things grin
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 4:52am On Sep 08, 2011
Displayed on that wall are samples of different lighting fittings mainly meant to be hung on walls. I

Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 4:58am On Sep 08, 2011
fancy stand for clocks, lamps, etc

Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 5:05am On Sep 08, 2011
a closer look on those lamps

Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 5:09am On Sep 08, 2011
Hey, how about this long center table, glass top, leather padding, good quality. This one is selling for N110,000

Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 5:14am On Sep 08, 2011
Marble topped dining table, 4 sitters, for N80,000

Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by itiswell1(m): 6:18am On Sep 08, 2011
Colour Combination
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by daomi(m): 6:46am On Sep 08, 2011
A neatly arranged house does it,even wt all the furnitures in d world,if d house is not neat, it messes things up
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by AfroBlue(m): 6:47am On Sep 08, 2011
Cleanliness
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by cinzo: 7:55am On Sep 08, 2011
@Spyder880, how much are they selling the extractor fan in the picture?
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by jaytime(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2011
The ceiling finishing plays a very important role in the beauty of a house. A neatly and creatively designed ceiling works like POP to habour flood lights, suspended lamps and other ornamental lightings will make a visitor to a house say wow! Take a look at this
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-654256.0.html
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by NJV: 8:19am On Sep 08, 2011
*Cleanliness
*neatly arranged furniture
*atmosphere free from any foul odours
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by Okijajuju1(m): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2011
The chandelier and the lady of the house,
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2011
@ Cinzo, I will post the price later.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by djakarta(m): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2011
a neatly arranged furniture
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2011
I think I need to add a poll to this thread, let's see the choices that most people love best.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by kushe: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2011
@  OP

sorry to burst ur bubble but there isnt anything spectacular about what u are selling.I rather think they would make any grand design of a building even uglier.interior design transcends intuition or vocational skills any tom ,dick and harry can pick on the streets.

u need an education in color theory,accessorising,window treatments,ergonomics,lighting.i cant shout,but if u ever come to london,pls take note that almost all the houses in a particular area look the same until u go inside.i live in london and i hav come in touch with some amazing interiors,and they usually follow a scheme in which dey are an artistic tale of the individual or ppl living in dem.

pls check out the following schools,i know say dem cost,but if u ever make it through any of dem,u go chop tire for naija

1) www.klc.co.uk (cert in interior decoration0

2)inchbald school of design

3)the design school london

4)institto marangoni,london or milan
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 9:17am On Sep 08, 2011
^^^^@ Kushe, I will check out your links and explore the properties you are talking about, please can you show us some interior works? I like to learn more and you are welcome on board. Thank you.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2011
More pictures in the next few hours.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by buzugee(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2011
those fixtures you posted all look rather gaudy and uninspiring. the only piece i am feeling is the N80,000 table and chairs. the perfection and color of the stitching accentuates the pieces and makes it look earthy and yet exquisite.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by spyder880(m): 9:38am On Sep 08, 2011
@ buzugee, just wait till I finish, however you can show us some inspiring pieces of furniture and please show us the prices so we can compare.

I am loading more pictures to post.
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by buzugee(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2011
spyder880:

@ buzugee, just wait till I finish, however you can show us some inspiring pieces of furniture and please show us the prices so we can compare.

I am loading more pictures to post.
i am what they call a minimalist. i am not into furnitures. my emphasis are on walls and floors. if i have great walls and floors, i can live in an empty house. but thats just me. here is a taste of what i like

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by atasteve: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2011
I love light furniture and 2011 kind of wall painting smiley
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by buzugee(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2011
now dont get me wrong, i am not saying your pieces are not beautiful because they are all beautiful pieces. i would take that marble table and chair off you anyday. are you the one selling it ?
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2011
I think I like houses in the Eastern parts of Nigeria.
1: at least 10 Elephant tusks tucked in wall corners
2: 5 stuffed tigers and 3 lions and 4 gorillas
3: center rug made from antelope skin
4: 10 flower pots scattered around the living room next to chairs with rubber plants
5: traditional iron (pronounced) spears
6: nice wooden bar with all assortments of libation liquids
7: life-size pictures of husband and wife in royal regalia
6: One queen-size crystal chandelier
7: One 1989 56-inch Grundig TV (Not plasma, not LCD, not LED)

All these furnishings in a compact space that can only hold 4 people seated. If you decide to all stand at the same time, something falls
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by NatGas(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2011
Simplicity.Neat,simple and spacious.
@OP please upload a photo(s) of the 3 concept above leme see what u've gat!
Re: Department Of Interior Decorations by buzugee(m): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

I think I like houses in the Eastern parts of Nigeria.
1: at least 10 Elephant tusks tucked in wall corners
2: 5 stuffed tigers and 3 lions and 4 gorillas
3: center rug made from antelope skin
4: 10 flower pots scattered around the living room next to chairs with rubber plants
5: traditional iron (pronounced) spears
6: nice wooden bar with all assortments of libation liquids
7: life-size pictures of husband and wife in royal regalia
6: One queen-size crystal chandelier
7: One 1989 56-inch Grundig TV (Not plasma, not LCD, not LED)

All these furnishings in a compact space that can only hold 4 people seated. If you decide to all stand at the same time, something falls
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bungalow vs Duplex: Which Is Better? / House And Shop Burnt In Ede, Osun, Fire Fighters Motor Destroyed / Pictures Of Beautiful Houses From Google Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.