Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Obi Is Not A Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Is Not A Nigerian (675 Views)

'Peter Obi Is A Tribal Bigot' - El-Rufai / Why Obi Is A Unique VP Pick- Sun Newspaper / David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Lionnation: 7:40am On Jan 28, 2023
No matter how you express your beef and anger against him there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by MrSensor(m): 7:42am On Jan 28, 2023
LIKE for Obi
SHARE for Tinubu
QUOTE for Atiku

23 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 28, 2023
Obi has a value system Nigeria need to rebrand itself in the eyes of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 28, 2023
Lionnation:
No matter how you express your beef and anger against him there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.

To be honest, Peter Obi seems like the better option amongst the top 3 presidential candidates. But let's not forget that awards and accolades are different from actual performance in terms of adding value to the state and its citizens.

A lot of Anambra indigenes supporting him now complained bitterly while he was governor as he didn't seem to do much in terms of infrastructural development in Anambra.

Regardless, I don't think Obi is a bad candidate at all, but let's not overhype anyone please.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Victorclean1: 7:55am On Jan 28, 2023
He is from Togo

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Emmanuella00(f): 7:58am On Jan 28, 2023
Nice details 0
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by floret23(f): 8:00am On Jan 28, 2023
We Yoruba Christians will never vote Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree.

Christians are not minority, slaves, or second class citizens in Nigeria. Muslim-Muslim ticket is a big insult to we Yoruba Christians and we shall punish Tinubu for that.

"We cannot appoint Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin Laden as vice president," -- Senator Dino Melaye.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by AcetylC: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2023
adler777:

To be honest, Peter Obi seems like the better option amongst the top 3 presidential candidates. But let's not forget that awards and accolades are different from actual performance in terms of adding value to the state and its citizens.

A lot of Anambra indigenes supporting him now complained bitterly while he was governor as he didn't seem to do much in terms of infrastructural development in Anambra.

Regardless, I don't think Obi is a bad candidate at all, but let's not overhype anyone please.

Balanced sentiment we should be discussing, instead of tribalism or religion. While he's not a saint, the question remains: amongst the 3 leading candidates, who can put Nigeria back on track? Recall that profligacy, leadership ineptitude and unaccountability; are the greatest bane of the Nigerian society at the moment.

Nigeria is accelerating in the wrong direction. We know the trajectory of the 3 aspiring captains, if we get it wrong we become Zimbabwe fast. By that time, tribe or affiliations won't matter, as we will all bear the brunt like we're presently doing, in part.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Danisaint112(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2023
Obi market is easy to sell. They say good work speaks for itself same way a good market sells itself/sell better.

Meanwhile, If you are a labour party faithful/Supporter then share this video of Datti below until our Northern brothers are well enlightened. 🗣️📢

Video of Datti explaining the Labour Party symbol and how/where voters should vote;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Zk6GjHoqI

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Danisaint112(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2023
adler777:

Those who condemned him back then are those who haven't felt the impact of what he was doing. When they later did the appreciated the good work he did but failed to correct their mistakes (past statements).

I will hype Obi ten times over Tinubu because Tinubu met and is banking on an already made state with a huge IGR but Obi built Anambra state from scratch/ground.

He dismantled corrupt structures and practices and set the state on the right path that it is on today. Come to think of it Lagos was the Nigeria capital for 70 yrs even Abuja just 30 yrs old ain't Lagos mate in terms of age.

Choosing Tinubu over Obi is just like choosing a governor of Abuja to be your president 30 yrs after now when Nigeria capital had been moved because he governed Abuja after 70 yrs it became state capital. Think of it. It doesn't make sense.

PO paid of debt and still saved. There are just dozens of reason Obi is better than Tinubu. Let your heart lead you though. But I and my family will be voting Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 28, 2023
AcetylC:

Balanced sentiment we should be discussing, instead of tribalism or religion. While he's not a saint, the question remains: amongst the 3 leading candidates, who can put Nigeria back on track? Recall that profligacy, leadership ineptitude and unaccountability; are the greatest bane of the Nigerian society at the moment.

Nigeria is accelerating in the wrong direction. We know the trajectory of the 3 aspiring captains, if we get it wrong we become Zimbabwe fast. By that time, tribe or affiliations won't matter, as we will all bear the brunt like we're presently doing, in part.

You make a solid point; we should approach our infrastructural development endeavours with caution, especially since most of them are financed through foreign loans and debts. Regardless, Nigeria has much need of infrastructure, most of which should have been built decades ago.

I just hope that if Obi becomes president he can 'put his money where his mouth is' by delivering on his electoral promises. APC complained for 4 years after assumption of office. Nigeria won't tolerate such from Obi oooo.
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Lionnation: 8:17am On Jan 28, 2023
adler777:

my brother I like your acersions even obi himself says us that Infrastructural development is not actual development, but human capital must be put above Infrastructure in order to sustain the infrastructure when it's put in place, basic amineties is key

4 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 28, 2023
Lionnation:
my brother I like your acersions even obi himself says us that Infrastructural development is not actual development, but human capital must be put above Infrastructure in order to sustain the infrastructure when it's put in place, basic amineties is key

Well, I beg to differ on human capital (if you truly understand the concept).

Nigeria currently isn't doing so bad in terms of human capital as we have some of the most knowledgeable and skilled people in Africa. The infrastructural challenge remains a greater challenge.

Most of our doctors and tech professionals are doing amazingly well in diaspora, but back home, equipments, infrastructure and the state of the environment, holds them back from giving their best. We also have some of the best handworkers and craftsmen in Africa, Aba is a common example of this.

So in deciding which one to focus more on, infrastructural development remains a top priority. We can't achieve development goals merely by training people (which is what human capital development is about).
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by AcetylC: 9:41am On Jan 28, 2023
adler777:

You make a solid point; we should approach our infrastructural development endeavours with caution, especially since most of them are financed through foreign loans and debts. Regardless, Nigeria has much need of infrastructure, most of which should have been built decades ago.

I just hope that if Obi becomes president he can 'put his money where his mouth is' by delivering on his electoral promises. APC complained for 4 years after assumption of office. Nigeria won't tolerate such from Obi oooo.

I always believe in antecedents sir. Check up the history of Nigeria between 1983 - 1985, you will find that all that PMB is doing now, is a textbook definition of who he has always been. The signs were there, we ignored them. If PO was accountable and prudent as a Governor, no doubt he will reflect these. To be fair to other candidates, we only need to check their record of service (style of governance, innovation and accountability) and then juxtapose with what Nigeria needs now. The choice of who to vote for will be as clear as day, for people that want this nation to change for the better. Like play, our generation is aging, we still haven't seen the country we hoped for. We blame leader but not the part we play in enthroning them. It's been a distasteful CIRCLE OF INTEREST, that's why the masses are still suffering today.

If a combination of PO and Datti can't make any mark, then we either change our constitution or divide peacefully. Hence, we need to try them (something new) for a change, so we can know once and for all, what Nigeria's problem is.

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Owoino: 9:44am On Jan 28, 2023
You're right, Obi is not a Nigerian, he is a Biafran. A Biafran can never rule Nigeria.
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by olisaEze(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2023
We all admire Paul Kagame’s new Rwanda. We venerate Nelson Mandela and his life work of an apartheid free South Africa. Between Obi, Atiku or Tinubu who has an unbroken history of selfless service to the public?? Those ancestors will not act any different from how they have always acted in power, no matter how you wish it an old dog can never learn new tricks! These eight years with PMB should have taught anyone with basic common sense this by now! Only a madman repeats the same mistakes while expecting a different result each time. After writing big big English on NL to defend the alleged drug baron or the unrepentant looter, you’ll still goan fight for N600 fuel at the filling station today. Suffer never dey tire you? undecided
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Tochi3(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2023
grin

Beware of the agbado urchin up there..

Blowing confusing grammer to deceive the gullibles...

You will see the stupidity, confusion, double speak, shifting goal post & inbred hate against PO in his agbadoranian posts..

Infrastructural development is more important than Human capital... chai ...grin grin

Humans build infrastructures... & not the other way round... the mindset to build infrastructure depends on the ability of Humans first to be able to think & the capability to execute those thoughts.. The mentality of the Human mind is very important & should always be geared towards what is right for the people & country's development...

When this mind is corrupt..it is damaged... There is no development without a Sound Human capital...

If Nigeria have the Human capital.. why is there no corresponding infrastructural development..

Nigeria needs a New re-orientation of what Human capital actually means..
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2023
AcetylC:

If a combination of PO and Datti can't make any mark, then we either change our constitution or divide peacefully. Hence, we need to try them (something new) for a change, so we can know once and for all, what Nigeria's problem is.

Well, if financial prudence is what Obi has to bring to the table, while taking into account the fact that his subordinate, Datti, doesn't have much of a record either, it's safe to say post-2023 would definitely steer Nigeria on a conclusive path.

Being a Yoruba man myself, I wouldn't mind if the country is split along the major ethnic groups so we can live based on our ethnic identities and have less complaints about intolerance. I believe we'd be better off that way in the long run.

Either ways, may God's will for Nigeria be done. Have a nice day sir.

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by AcetylC: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2023
adler777:
[/b]

Well, if financial prudence is what Obi has to bring to the table, while taking account of the fact that his subordinate, Datti, doesn't have much of a record either, it's safe to say post-2023 would definitely steer Nigeria in a final direction.

Being a Yoruba man myself, I would like to see the potentials that my own people carry without being forced to live together with another tribe. If Nigeria must divide, so be it. I believe we'd be better off that way in the long run.

Oh, I would say his accountability, not prudence sets him apart. A true leader is one who believes he's holding power in trust for the people he serves, not act like demi-gods, which everyone in their government would try to emulate. That's the reason there is oil theft, vagrant abuse of power, curency racketeering today. We trust in God, but many people are staying off actions till after the election. One cannot continue to suffer what the majority wished on him. It is well.
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by AcetylC: 10:24am On Jan 28, 2023
adler777:
[/b]

Well, if financial prudence is what Obi has to bring to the table, while taking account of the fact that his subordinate, Datti, doesn't have much of a record either, it's safe to say post-2023 would definitely steer Nigeria in a final direction.

Being a Yoruba man myself, I would like to see the potentials that my own people carry without being forced to live together with another tribe. If Nigeria must divide, so be it. I believe we'd be better off that way in the long run.

Oh, I would say his accountability, not prudence sets him apart. A true leader is one who believes he's holding power in trust for the people he serves, not act like demi-gods, which everyone in their government would try to emulate. That's the reason there is oil theft, vagrant abuse of power, curency racketeering today. We trust in God, but many people are staying actions till after the election. One cannot continue to suffer what the majority wished for him. It is well.
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by udumosam23(m): 10:30am On Jan 28, 2023
Honestly, even if Obi isn't in the poll. I would either not vote at all, or vote for Sowore if I must.

Both APC and PDP are a senseless option.
Re: Obi Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2023
udumosam23:
Honestly, even if Obi isn't in the poll. I would either not vote at all, or vote for Sowore if I must.

Both APC and PDP are a senseless option.

Honestly, I feel like the kind of Nigeria that the youths want, only someone like Sowore can deliver. Recently, Obi was contesting as Atiku's vice. That's why I really don't trust the top 3 presidential candidates be it Atiku, Tinubu or Obi.

The only issue with Sowore is that he is not a politician, he doesn't have sweet mouth and doesn't have the good financial and social media backing that Obi has. Obi is riding on the back of #Endsars supporters and that has given him fame.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Took Anambra To Top In WAEC Bola Tinubu Took Lagos To Top In Economy / How Atiku Sold The Idea Of Naira Scarcity To Buhari / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.