Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office (10281 Views)

Panic As Falana Drags GEJ, Dasuki, Metuh, NOI To International Criminal Court / Panic As Presidential Guards Shield Jonathan From Gun Salute Drama / Scores Feared Dead As Bomb Blast Rocks Kano Motor Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by OAM4J: 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Panic as bomb is discovered in Lagos[/size]

By Evelyn Usman and Ifeanyin Okolie

Ikeja area of Lagos was, Wednesday, thrown into panic following report of the discovery of substance suspected to a bomb, in one of the offices in Ikeja Local Government.

Staff and those who came for different transactions, rushed out of the building with some car owners abandoning their vehicles as they fled for dear life.

A multiple auto crash was also averted as motorists including commercial motorcyclists plying the route hurriedly made u-turn.

Traders were not left out as some of them managed to lock up their shops and vacated the area.

Report said the combustive substance was planted and connected to an air conditioner behind the councils’ doctor’s office. It was reportedly discovered by one of the staff who was at the verge of putting on the air conditioner.

Unconfirmed reports said bomb experts who arrived the scene later stated that the substance would have exploded if the air conditioner was put on.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Yakubu Alkali, who was having a security meeting with his senior officers at the time of the incident, reportedly drafted some policemen to the scene.

Policemen from the Bomb Disposal Unit who promptly arrived the local government, directed that all vehicles be removed from the premises as they went about their search for the combustive substance which they later discovered.

The Council Secretary who gave his name as Hon. Ayodele told Vanguard that the policemen from bomb squad promised to take the substance to the laboratory to ascertain whether it was an explosive or not.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Samuel Jinadu, who was also at the scene, told journalists that the substance was not an explosive . But he did not state what exactly it was.

Jinadu disclosed that prior to the bomb scare, policemen from Bomb Disposal Unit had gone on awareness campaign on bombs round many institutions in the state.

However, despite assurances by the police that the substance was not bomb, none of the local government staff dared to go inside as they all stayed out of the area for fear of another explosive material. As at the time of going to press, story of the bomb scare had spread all over the city heightening earlier fears that the dreaded Boko Haram group may have finally focused attention in Lagos.

It would be recalled that in the past weeks, rumors of threats by the group to bomb the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos has been on the air with security agents assuring that there was no truth in it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/panic-as-alleged-bomb-found-at-ikeja-lg/
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2011
Na Wa O. wat is going on? embarassed
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by asha80(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
lipsrsealed
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by seedord247(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
Gen gen
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by tEsLim(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
Looks like an hoax
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by babaowo: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2011
if they try bomb lagos,which i doubt,but if they try it biko! many mallam life go lost! Because my ppl no dey joke for lagos.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2011
Looks like two huge loafs of bread wrapped in orange bags to me. . . . tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
[size=15pt]Lord have mercy.[/size]
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by okooloyun1(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
May God save lagos frm BH.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
seedord247:

Gen gen

Action Film,

Boko Haram in Action!  grin
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by igboboy1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2011
Some people are already implicating Boko haram. Is it every bombing act is BH? I dont think so.

I highly doubt the involvement of BH in this because if they want to bomb lagos why go to a local govt house in Ikeja? why not start with MMA or other national/international installation instead of a local area?

I think it is a Yoruba man that have issues with the LGA chairman plain and simple, This is not BH abeggi
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by kizito96(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
Panic every where. Too bad, a nation without security.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by favouredjb(f): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2011
lord have mercy plssssssssssssssss
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by mrman2(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2011
i   can't   beleive   you   actually   find   this   funny,   innocent   lives   could   have   been   lost  and   for  what   reason?   The  government  needs   to  take   some proactive  measures   to   stem  this   ugly   trend  of bombings.   We  are  not  at  war  fo   christ  sake.
££VICTOR££:

Action Film,

Boko Haram in Action!  grin
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by seedord247(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2011
igbo boy:

Some people are already implicating Boko haram. Is it every bombing act is BH? I dont think so.

I highly doubt the involvement of BH in this because if they want to bomb lagos why go to a local govt house in Ikeja? why not start with MMA or other national/international installation instead of a local area?

I think it is a Yoruba man that have issues with the LGA chairman plain and simple, This is not BH abeggi

You don start again Authentic Eediot.

just answer the question below.

what's the capital of Igbo

A) crime.

B) Blood money

C) Drug Dealer

D) All of the above
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by executinal(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Looks like two huge loafs of bread wrapped in orange bags to me. . . . tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by damola1: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2011
igbo boy:

I think it is a [b]Yoruba [/b]man that have issues with the LGA chairman plain and simple, This is not BH abeggi

didn't know Nigeria had a [b]Yoruba [/b]tribe
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by bigsam360(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
na wa ooo!!!!! shocked shocked wat r dis security agents doing
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by Lucario007(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2011
People pls this is no joking matter, and this ia no time for fighting. the boko haram want to stike fear into lagosians to make them know they are not immune to bombing but we have to fight back against this fiends. corruption, bribes and partiality are what caused all this enough is enough i say nigeria should go foward ever and backward never, don't blame other tribes we have to stike this boko haram once and for all.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by member479760: 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2011
This is a wake up call that the treat is real. The government can't fight it alone! we all have to help the government to put an end to it. it was tried in Lagos in the past and it worked, the solution is we set dem on fire before dey bomb us. Same punishment that apply to thief will be apply to dem!
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by HighChief4(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

If thats what they look like, then they are all yours.

@OP----I also dont think Boko Haram has anything to do with this. It makes no sense bombing a LGA in lagos
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2011
mr_man:

i   can't   beleive   you   actually   find   this   funny,   innocent   lives   could   have   been   lost  and   for  what   reason?   The  government  needs   to  take   some proactive  measures   to   stem  this   ugly   trend  of bombings.   We  are  not  at  war  fo   christ  sake.

It's not funny to you, But might be funny to others,

Nigerians beware any piece of Akara you see on the floor, dont step on it, It might explode,
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
When they came for the Russian, I kept quite because I was not Russian,

When they came for the Jew, I kept quiet, I was not Jewish,

When they came for my neighbour, I kept quiet, it was not me.

When they came for me, no one was left to speak for me.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by goggs(m): 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2011
Vanguard sef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked

see disjointed news article!

The headline: Bomb discovered in Lagos

The link address: alleged bomb discovered in Lagos

In the report: The Council Secretary who gave his name as Hon. Ayodele told Vanguard that the policemen from bomb squad promised to take the substance to the laboratory to ascertain whether it was an explosive or not.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Samuel Jinadu, who was also at the scene, t[b]old journalists that the substance was not an explosive[/b] . But he did not state what exactly it was.

However, despite assurances by the police that the substance was not bomb, none of the local government staff dared to go inside as they all stayed out of the area for fear of another explosive material.

So Vanguard has in house bomb squad that can tell definitely a bomb from all else. Boko Haram Journalist!
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by ShipIt(m): 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
babaowo:

if they try bomb lagos,which i doubt,but if they try it biko! many mallam life go lost! Because my ppl no dey joke for lagos.
Seems to me that people like you are just looking for an excuse to kill northerners. You ve obviously never taken a life and that's why you say these inflammatory things. Know that the loud and quick to judge ones such as yourself are usually the first to perish when s*** hits the fan.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by phreakabit(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2011
Was only a matter of time. God help us now.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by aloyemeka1: 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Not funny. May be you are safely hiding in that hole in Ohio, please do give others whose life is at risk and the ones who lost theirs in Nigeria through these bombeRHarams some respect.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by solihu(m): 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Funny enough, the stuff had a funny looking label like agege bread grin
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by Afam4eva(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2011
Lol @ "Mr Samuel Jinadu, who was also at the scene, told journalists that the substance was not an explosive . But he did not state what exactly it was."

Only in Lagos do people run when nothing or nobody's pursueing. Eko for show.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by owners: 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2011
May God almighty save the helpless in this country and may he expose all this blood tasty people.
Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by kosire(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2011
[/color] datz d awarenez. Weda bomb or nt
quid:

When they came for the Russian, I kept quite because I was not Russian,

When they came for the Jew, I kept quiet, I was not Jewish,

When they came for my neighbour, I kept quiet, it was not me.

When they came for me, no one was left to speak for me.
ShipIt:

[color=#006600]Seems to me that people like you are just looking for an excuse to kill northerners. You ve obviously never taken a life and that's why you say these inflammatory things. Know that the loud and quick to judge ones such as yourself are usually the first to perish when s*** hits the fan.

Re: Panic As "Bomb" Found In Ikeja LGA Office by Emilo(m): 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
executinal:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please people do u think if it was a real bomb we would be here talking all this. We would have been counting our lost. Lagosians please whether it was BH or not, please bring down all the BH look alike as Hitler did to d Jews. Later, we go complete d yarns.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Democracy Day! / 8,300 Petition UK To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Assets / LAWMA Employs 20 Physically-Challenged Persons To Sweep Pedestrian Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.