Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Introduction To Web 3.0 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Introduction To Web 3.0 (524 Views)

The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. / How to add images to web pages with coding / How to code buttons to web pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction To Web 3.0 by esabolu: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2023
Welcome to this thread about web3.0, you might be wondering what web3.0 is, i will do a detailed explanation of it as you follow me through.
The first thing you need to know is that if there is a web3.0, it means there is a web2.0(we are in this era) and web1.0(we have moved pass this stage). if you want explanation on web2.0 let me know in the comment. so why the talk about web3.0
1)I don't see too many people talk about it on nairaland
2)This is the future of the web
3)To enlighten you about web3.0, its uses, advantages and disadvantages(yes everything has a bad side)
4)So you can do your personal research and position yourself properly.
Now if you are conversant with twitter , there is a buzz and hype about web3.0 which is gaining momentum(open your twitter app and search for web3.0), but on nairaland and other platform there is really no awareness about it.
Now what really is WEB3.0
-Web3.0 is a third generation web technology
-It focuses more on decentralized application(Dapp)
-It makes use of block-chain technology extensively
-Adoption of token based economics
-It makes use of machine learning and artificial intelligence
I understand that most of what i wrote up there might sound like gibberish especially for those who are not in TECH or into block-chain and crypto. so i would explain it, but for now read and enjoy, do a little research on web3.0 by going to google.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Web 3.0 by esabolu: 4:06am On Jan 31, 2023
For you to understand what a third generation web technology is , you have to understand what web2.0(second generation web technology).
Brief history of web2.0.
Web2.0 started officially in 1999, here you provide the content and not just view alone ,it has given rise to web apps, social media sites such as facebook,twitter,tiktok etc and they have transformed the way information is shared and delivered.
Now web3.0 is a lot different and advanced , this system is a decentralized system with far greater utilities than web2.0, let me explain decentralized.
Decentralized is a process of shifiting control from one major group owing everything to several smaller groups (that is me and you) can have a say on how things are done in web3.0.This is a major diffrence between web3.0 and web2.0. Web2.0 is centralized that is a group of people especially the big tech companies like facebook,youtube,twitter own most of the data and can decide what and what gets to each individual.
In web 3.0, you and i control the flow of data and information rather than big tech companies, this is what web3.0 technology is all about,this technology brings more security, not reliant on a major player. web3.0 technology will bring changes to every aspect of the society, from banking, to goverment, to education, gaming every aspect.
examples of web2.0 site- facebook,nairaland,twitter etc
examples of web3.0 site- premint.xyz, secretum,atlas.work
Now as a developer i will be letting you know what you need to position yourself properly in web3.0 on the next thread. any question, doubt,criticism and contribution is highly welcome, please drop them in the comment.
Re: Introduction To Web 3.0 by esabolu: 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
Take a look at the pictures below, it will show you the difference between web2.0 and web3.0. If you use Twitter often you can check it out.

Re: Introduction To Web 3.0 by esabolu: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is the power of blockchain it’s not something we should be scared about but a technology that will be used more often as we proceed into the future.
Decentralisation will be the concept of this technology, nobody controls you, you have control over your life.

Re: Introduction To Web 3.0 by esabolu: 12:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lets talk about dapp (decentralized application)
A dApp (decentralized application) is a software application that runs on a decentralized network, typically built on blockchain technology. Unlike traditional applications, which are centralized and rely on a single entity for their functioning, dApps are decentralized and powered by a blockchain or similar decentralized system that allows for a more secure, transparent and tamper-proof environment. dApps typically have their own cryptocurrency and incentivize users to contribute to the network, such as through mining or staking
uses of dapp
Finance: Decentralized exchanges (DEXs), stablecoins, and decentralized lending and borrowing platforms.

Supply chain management: Tracking the movement of goods and ensuring transparency and accountability.

Gaming: Decentralized gaming platforms that use blockchain technology to ensure fairness and transparency.

Identity management: Decentralized solutions for storing and verifying personal identity information.

Social media: Decentralized alternatives to existing centralized social media platforms.

Prediction markets: Platforms for making predictions about events and earning rewards for accurate predictions.

Content distribution: Decentralized solutions for content distribution and ownership, such as video streaming and file sharing platforms.

Public benefits: Platforms for distributing public benefits, such as voting systems and public record-keeping.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Web 3.0 by esabolu: 11:03am On Feb 08, 2023
Now that we have talked about dapps, lets focus on the componets of dapps.
A dapp has two side
a) A Frontend
b) A Backend
i hope we still remeber the meaning of dapp (decentralized application)
The Frontend of a dapp allows user to communicate with the dapp, this is the portion that the user can relate with and it is developed with the aid of JavaScript,HTML or CSS. Am sure those who build website will be familiar with these programing languages.
The Backend of a dapp contains the code that is used to power the frontend, these codes are called smart contract and it is these smart contract that makes decentralized application different from the regular application. these smart contract helps you to interact with the blockchain(the smart contract act as a middle man between the blockchain and the frontend you interact with)
As wee move on i will be showing how to write some basics smart contract, take a look at these diagram am sure some of us will be familiar with it.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Web 3.0 by esabolu: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2023
hello everyone, hope we all are having a wonderful day.
What is a smartcontract?
A smart contract is a computer program or a transaction protocol that is intended to automatically execute, control or document events and actions according to the terms of a contract or an agreement(from wikipedia). in simple terms a smart contract is a set of code the you write to perform a specific function or task.
You are aware of how contract in the business world are signed and authorized that is same way smart contract work on the block chain. once the smart contract is written and deployed,it begins to perform the task that you have assigned it to do.
for example you can write a smart contract to monitor certain activity for you, you can write a smart contract to pay for a good once it is delivered to you and so on.
https://discord./N3HJpBhXGD
we are building a community for web3.0 you can join on us discord.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Likes And Followers For Social Media Platforms, Some Best Information / Download Manager. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.