Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks (25866 Views)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / New Naira: Banks, Banking, And The Unbanked / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by damble: 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2023
Yeye
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by rexchazy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2023
Kk
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Chiboy419: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
I dey market since morning like this 😭😭😭😭 i don transfer them still they find the money

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Godstiger(m): 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
Chaos

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by ASHIWAJU2023: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2023
Olachase:
Them never see anything by 31st jenuary kasala go burst I never even see the #200 & #500 for eye or touch the only one #1000 way day my hand I day keep ham like baby no be juju be that cry cry
same here

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by geemd434: 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2023
Guys is it possible for a bet9ja shop owner to manipulate virtual sport betting

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Samsunny99: 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
Nigeria
A country of people suffering and yet smiling

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Hussein035: 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
Sammy07:

I thought some of Una said na to punish Politicians.

You guys are yet to understand why the new notes are scarce

I see the purpose is to ensure that people don't vote APC irrespective of the development and their work in Lagos

The North don't want power to shift away from PDP because of the fear of Jagaban, they can keep hoarding the money and the fuel, Jagaban will enter and we will witness another June 12 which could finally lead to division of this country since some people believe that the North aristocrats must keep controlling the nation

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by CodeTemplar: 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
This whole cash movement will lead to sudden accumulation of cash and bring security risks to people and banks.

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Allisgud: 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
It will still circulate by the end of the deadline

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by PHIPEX(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2023
All of these because some wicked politicians have hidden cash at home. I prefer to suffer Naira scarcity for 3weeks and enjoy good govt for 8years. If the CBN cracks under these blackmails, Nigerians will suffer for life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Bank transfer is the way to go for now for me

I just hope you're not using zenith bank

3 Likes

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by iykejohnson(m): 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
tnerro1:
I still dey where I wan buy pizza ooo, I do transfer e don pass 1 hour e never still drop, which kin country be dis self
🤣😂🤣😂

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by PrinceOfLagos: 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
Rayban25:

I just hope you're not using zenith bank
First bank
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Indispensable85(m): 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2023
Xubo30:
I heard that politicians are exchanging their billions using commercial banks,, like through bank managers, if they bring 50 million old currency , you give them 49 million and take 1million,,

This country can never be good, corruption has eaten ue so deep cry cry

This is what I have been saying but some fools are still arguing nonsense. This policy won't affect the political class. They'll always have their ways around it. Na the masses go still suffer am. The same political class have since hijacked the new notes through the back door using bank managers and very senior bank staffs.

3 Likes

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Bebigiby: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
I've warned Nigerians severally on this forum that Emefiele's plan is to destroy Nigeria's economy and cash monetary system..... The last 8 years is a testament to the true motive of those running this evil government. It is indeed sad that Nigerians are left at the mercy of Buhari, Emefiele and the evil party called APC....

I still pity those jubilating and praising the evil CBN governor for the untold hardship unleashed on Nigerians over the naira redesign and cashless policy, it is only a matter of time you all will face the consequences when all is said and done.... In saner climes, public officials like Emefiele who was exposed to be funding terrorism (https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/18/exclusive-how-investigation-secret-police-dss-linked-nigerian-central-bank-governor), desecrated his office by meddling in politics (https://punchng.com/apc-chairman-confirms-emefieles-membership-says-cbn-gov-registered-feb-2021/) turning a sensitive institution like the CBN into a political theatre will be jailed and made to vomit the funds he embezzled (https://saharareporters.com/2022/12/14/how-nigerias-central-bank-governor-emefiele-diverted-n89trillion-stamp-duty-fund-private)

Until Nigerians unit and take back this country from evil leaders, the situation we are facing today may not get better.

3 Likes

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by SReporters: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
MrJames007:
Wait o, are we still allowed to use the old 100, 50, and 20 notes? Since the new note came in only 3 denominations, if I buy something change remain, how we go do am

The old N10, N20, N50 and N100 is still a legal tender

4 Likes

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Realrealfact: 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2023
Apc ehhhhhhhhh. This Egyptians we saw yesterday ehh, we shall see them no more. Vote Labour Party (Peter obi)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Axis313(m): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
Olachase:
Them never see anything by 31st jenuary kasala go burst I never even see the #200 & #500 for eye or touch the only one #1000 way day my hand I day keep ham like baby no be juju be that cry cry
Lol.
Me I get like 2 1000 naira notes for hand,right now I no wan spend am sef,I just keep am,na old ones I dey spend.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by justmondris: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2023
Johnken1234:
Where is Buhari please?? Do we still have President in this Country? He should address the citizens on this issue please.

He has already addressed the issue that the deadline will not be extended and i support him on this. Since the commercial banks decided to team up with our corrupt leaders and refused to collect the new notes from CBN and make them available for the masses, he go over them. Most of their branches may be set on fire by angry customers.
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by NwaliE01: 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
This injustice and twist of fact is one of the major challenges facing our dear country.

Do you think if Nigerians see bankers, they wouldn't know?

Someone jumped a queue and entered the bank for possible withdrawal and here they are lying that she was a banker in the branch.

People protested because she was on the queue before she jumped the long stagnant queue to enter the bank but here they are saying "people protested because a banker entered"

Does it sound reasonable to any right thinking person?

Miscarriage of justice and nepotism is still one of our greatest enemy.

I CAN NEVER TRUST NIGERIA POLICE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by samwillyco1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
Will banks collect old naira on 31/1/2023
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Naija4love(m): 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
Chiboy419:
I dey market since morning like this 😭😭😭😭 i don transfer them still they find the money
na lai go kill you seybi na tinubu vote buying the naira design is for, why complaining are you tinubu. You people flat 🧠 never really to work. Anything tag to one person or region is okay by you people. Keep the cry till after election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by justmondris: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2023
Una never see anything since you guys decided to team up with our corrupt politicians to prevent the circulation of the new notes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Fiscus105(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
Think9ja:
If you're an APC supporter, you should be worried about what just happened in Zamfara at the APC presidential rally.

I won't tell you what happened, go and watch the video.

It'll take something special (like Buhari's support) to stop Atiku next month.

Northerners are mostly for Atiku now

Dnt you know that, it's only in Zamfara they want to do election ni?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by blowjohn(m): 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2023
tnerro1:
I still dey where I wan buy pizza ooo, I do transfer e don pass 1 hour e never still drop, which kin country be dis self

Give them ur address na. Once e drop make them use dispatch rider carry am go ur house for u
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by babaRUNtinz(m): 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2023
Life has been made very easy.. What are people doing with huge sum of cash in the first place, if not for jìbìtì purpose(s)?
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
We warned you people about Buhari in 2015 and 2019, una no gree hear.

We're warning you now about Bola Ahmed Tinubu, but like the stubborn flies that you repulsively are, you're keen on following the corpse to the grave.

Una feel say una dey see shege ba? Make Tinubu win February elections, una go see Yoruba pepper!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2023
Fiscus105:

Dnt you that it's only in Zamfara they want to do election ni

Speak English Oga!

Make we sabi wetin you dey try defend. Olotu!
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Emdebby2: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2023
Naija don tire me.
Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by Parachoko: 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2023
Hussein035:

The North don't want power to shift away from PDP because of the fear of Jagaban, they can keep hoarding the money and the fuel, Jagaban will enter and we will witness another June 12 which could finally lead to division of this country since some people believe that the North aristocrats must keep controlling the nation
Where una dey always get all this una talk from sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote To Renovate MKO Abiola Stadium / CBN Introduces Current Account Maintenance Fee / Have Funds Or Not To Do Business, You Actually Need To Read This!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.