Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 41. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 41. (164 Views)

41-Day Fasting Lands Ebonyi Student In Hospitalised / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 41. by PastorSomba(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 41.

Romans 9:30-33 (KJV) "What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

41. All children of the bondwoman Hagar or the law are in bondage. All children of the freewoman Sarah or faith are free. All believers in Christ Jesus are children of the free woman. But every one living under the law and all unbelievers are children of the bondwoman and are in bondage. Hence the bible says Galatians 5:1 (KJV) "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." If you choose to keep or live by the ten commandments you are indebted to keep the whole law. You cannot pick just any part of the law convenient for you, your denomination or your doctrine. Some people have divided the law into moral and ceremonial laws and have said we must keep the moral laws but not the ceremonial laws. But the new testament has no such classification. All the commandments, statutes, ordinances, judgements and testimonies of the old testament are all referred to as the law in the new testament.

So if you are choosing to perfect your Christianity by the law, the bible says Galatians 5:4 (KJV) "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." This means whoever is going back to the law in order to live right is alienating or separating himself from Christ. Christ and the law don't work together. Righteousness and the law don't go together. Holiness and the law don't go together. The Spirit and the flesh don't go together. In Christ Jesus the law does not matter but what matters is walking by faith and walking in love. Faith and the law don't go together. Love and the law don't go together. While the law fuels the lust of the flesh but faith is of the spirit. If you walk in the spirit you will never fulfill the lust of the flesh. If you walk in the flesh you can never live by faith and you can never walk in the spirit. When you are led by the Spirit you will do what is right freely, not by the compulsion of the law. If you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law.

But anytime you are not led by the Spirit you are under the law and you are walking in the flesh consciously or unconsciously no matter how good your intentions and actions. The flesh and spirit are uncompromising enemies. While the flesh works, the Spirit only bears fruit. The law is like a farmer who goes to farm and has to till the ground, plant the seed, water it and nurture it to become a tree. Which is a type of the curse on Adam. But the Spirit is like a full grown tree that does no work but bear fruit effortlessly. Which is like Genesis 1:28 and the garden of Eden.

Adam by eating from the forbidden tree and neglecting all the other trees freely given to him, chose to live by the law thereby putting himself under a curse. So the law was somehow a revelation to mankind of what Adam did and how it was impossible for man to please God or be saved through that way. The law being the knowledge of sin was a type of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. So everyone working through the law to be accepted by God is under the curse and can never inherit the kingdom of God just as Adam was driven out of the garden of Eden. Everyone living by faith is not under any law but the law of the Spirit, and cannot be judged or condemned by any law. Where the Spirit is there is liberty. Grace be with you. Galatians 2:21; 4:21-31; 5:1-25; Romans 3:9-10,19-26; 6:14; 7:1-25; 8:1-14; 10:1-4; Genesis 2:9,16-17; 3:1-24; 2Corinthians 3:17;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

(22). 40 Dreams That Are Warnings From God. / The Work Of The Spirit Of Truth/Set-apart Spirit/Holy Spirit Of YHVH Almighty. / A New Experience Is Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.