Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? (1012 Views)

2019 Election: List Of Presidential Candidates And Their Parties / PDP Presidential Candidates Unite Ahead Of Convention; Atiku Absent; See Photos / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
I am about saying something that seems already obvious but still a mystery.

Who else noticed this about the Presidential candidates? Only Peter Obi is actively and almost solely meeting with the Nigerian populace. Only Peter Obi dignifies traditional rulers by meeting with all in every area he visits. Only Peter Obi meets with Students and the youths in all areas he visits. Only Peter Obi is ever ready to meet with any media house and public and intellectual gatherings to talk his plans and manifesto.

Wait a minute, before you say he's out seeking the attentions, why aren't the others readily available for scrutiny and questioning? What do we really even know about the other major candidates and their plans and intentions?

I think this is scary and we're in scary times cos we don't know what is going on in their minds. We are more than 200 million humans, in a very struggling country, in a developing country, all intending candidates need to be heavily searched and their plans and intentions known in-depth. From the major contender to the lest known candidate, cos anyone can be the next President and possibly for almost a decade from now.

These others are busy campaigning to be President, only one is actually saying what he'll do as President, and saying it to anyone who cares to listen. Being a President is more than just who "wants" to be President, cos we all will want that, to be President.

We should be scared, we don't know what to expect from the rest other than a burning desire to be a President.

16 Likes

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by dat9jaguy(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
When Peter Obi was asked how he intended to tackle security, he said even with a gun to his head he will never reveal his security plans until he is elected. Does that look like someone discussing his manifesto and plans with Nigerians Peter Obi is just going round the country for photo ops.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by chrisxxx(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
I don't know who win but I know for certain who will not win.
Among them whoever that has ever voted for Buhari will not win
I am a son of a prophet.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2023
dat9jaguy:
When Peter Obi was asked how he intended to tackle security, he said even with a gun to his head he will never reveal his security plans until he is elected. Does that look like someone discussing his manifesto and plans with Nigerians Peter Obi is just going round the country for photo ops.

Baba I hope and pray we don't turn this into an argument but have you listened to him? Have you watched him?

Come on my man, drop the sentiment and let's see reason for once, shall we? In only months he's said more than Atiku in 3 decades.

Are you sure of that person you support?
You hate him, even I don't like him either, until months ago and I started really listening to him. And he's the only one available readily for that, scrutiny.

Come on my man! Are ready to give this country to someone you don't hear from? Cos I am sure of giving it to the Labour Party's Peter Obi cos I hear from him. I even hear from his deputy, his deputy my good friend!!

12 Likes

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by dat9jaguy(m): 10:56pm On Jan 28, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Baba I hope and pray we don't turn this into an argument but have you listened to him? Have you watched him?

Come on my man, drop the sentiment and let's see reason for ones, shall we? In only months he's said more than Atiku in 3 decades.

Are sure of that person you support?

I have listened to Peter Obi and what he mainly does is emphasizing on the problems and saying little or nothing about the possible solutions. His candidature is riding on sentiments that is why his manifesto is not properly screened by his supporters. For starters how would he implement his policies if the national assembly is comprised of APC and PDP members? He knows this but he is riding on sentiments and gullibility of the youths.
The other 2 contestants are known for what they are but Peter Obi is being dressed in borrowed robes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
dat9jaguy:

I have listened to Peter Obi and what he mainly does is emphasizing on the problems and saying little or nothing about the possible solutions. His candidature is riding on sentiments that is why his manifesto is not properly screened by his supporters. For starters how would he implement his policies if the national assembly is comprised of APC and PDP members? He knows this but he is riding on sentiments and gullibility of the youths.
The other 2 contestants are known for what they are but Peter Obi is being dressed in borrowed robes

Is it the same man that went on National television and exposed the stealing of oil and how he intends to block the shortages, cut cost of governance, revamp Northern agricultural prowess, lessen the load on the Lagos ports, dialogue with agitating groups etc? The same person with no corruption allegations to his name, declined receiving any benefits from the state as an ex two term Governor?

Seems we're listening to a different person then. Okay!

8 Likes

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by Enoch07: 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
Just say you support the man and move on, nobody go beat you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
Enoch07:
Just say you support the man and move on, nobody go beat you.

I am not hiding that fact. That is the conversation here, reasons and motives.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by dat9jaguy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Is it the same man that went on National television and exposed the stealing of oil and how he obtends to block the shortages, cut cost of governance, revamp Northern agricultural prowess, lessen the load on the Lagos ports, dialogue with agitating groups etc?

Seems we're listening to a different person then. Okay!

Not to bother you too much can you tell me how he said he wants to block shortages of crude oil. If it is not too much trouble I would like to see a link to where he said it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
dat9jaguy:

Not to bother you too much can you tell me how he said he wants to block shortages of crude oil. If it is not too much trouble I would like to see a link to where he said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4JiR5XeX7I

You're welcome.
Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by Bragalane: 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
So story a criminal tell few days to election is what your I'll base your destiny on ?

With this line I can tell you are less than 30. What happened to their antecedents ?

What about their accomplishment in life ?

What have they achieved with previous public office they held.

I have listen to Obi severally n I can tell you he is a poor oratory forcing meaningless statistics

What is Obi take on education, health, transportation infrastructure, security, civil service IGR.

The antecedents is more important than the rethoric that is most likely a charade as it does not prove capacity or capability but sweet talk.

LocalStandard1:

Come on my man, drop the sentiment and let's see reason for once, shall we? In only months he's said more than Atiku in 3 decades.

Are you sure of that person you support?
You hate him, even I don't like him either, until months ago and I started really listening to him. And he's the only one available readily for that, scrutiny.

Come on my man! Are ready to give this country to someone you don't hear from? Cos I am sure of giving it to the Labour Party's Peter Obi cos I hear from him. I even hear from his deputy, his deputy my good friend!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by Enoch07: 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
LocalStandard1:

I am not hiding that fact. That is the conversation here, reasons and motives.
I get, but still I'm afraid for the man. He's contesting against some strong men, I'll just give him my one vote and pray.
Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by Linda1999: 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
Peter obi is the man of the people,
So what u expect, he is our up coming president

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
dat9jaguy:

I will really love that you watch and listen to that video till the end, hear how he plans to do that, solve the problems....

dat9jaguy are you still there?
Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by dat9jaguy(m): 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2023
LocalStandard1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4JiR5XeX7I

You're welcome.

You made me waste my data. Which solution did he provide there apart from saying the navy must know every ship that enters it's territorial waters and also tracing where they are going. Is this a solution because this is already being done. The lamba king even goofed when he said only Nigeria and Venezuela were not meeting OPEC quotas. All OPEC members are not meeting their quotas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2023
Enoch07:

I get, but still I'm afraid for the man. He's contesting against some strong men, I'll just give him my one vote and pray.

I don't understand that phrase, "strong men".
He has my support and I am a strong man too, he has OBJ's and he too is a strong man. If he has the support of the majority that invalidates the power of any group of strong men, cos the people are the absolute strong men in any nation.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
dat9jaguy:

You made me waste my data. Which solution did he provide there apart from saying the navy must know every ship that enters it's territorial waters and also tracing where they are going. Is this a solution because this is already being done. The lamba king even goofed when he said only Nigeria and Venezuela were not meeting OPEC quotas. All OPEC members are not meeting their quotas.

The moment you used that word, "lamba", it made me realize who I am conversing with. My talk with you ends here sorry to say. Bye!

1 Like

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by dat9jaguy(m): 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2023
LocalStandard1:

The moment you used that word, "lamba", it made me realize who I was conversing with. My talk with you ends here sorry to say. Bye!

Sorry if I offended you but that is just how I see him. Nevertheless I still commend you on your civility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by Enoch07: 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2023
LocalStandard1:

I don't understand that phrase, "strong men".
He has my support and I am a strong man too, he has OBJ's and he too is a strong man. If he has the support of the majority that invalidates the power of any group of strong men, cos the people are the absolute strong men in any nation.
This is Nigeria!! Wonders dey happen o
Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2023
Th
Re: Who Else Have Noticed This About The Presidential Candidates? by LocalStandard1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Labour Party Leaders And Candidates Collapse Structures To APC-Sola / Pictures Of Olumide Owuru Attacked By Mc Oluomo Thugs In Surulere LG(video) / President Bola Ahmed Tinubu First Day In Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.